over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

SYNTHOL before a comp, can it be done?

thatbloke

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
okay guys going to be doing my FIRST comp this october

aiming for leight heavyweights

was planning on doing synthol in my biceps and triceps (just the top inner head of the tricep) 8 weeks before the comp

wondering if this is a bad idea? or can it be done with success do you think? or maybe theres a better time to do it?

arms measure 18inches cold on blast, 17.5 we im crusing cold,

attached photos here to show comparisent my arms to my body size difference, aiming to gain 1inch, to 1.5 inch after synthol run

im 5'10, currently 240, dont know bf% but i know it isnt high

Attachments

• Image.jpg
    Image.jpg
    301.2 KB · Views: 5,523
  • image 6a.JPG
    image 6a.JPG
    23.6 KB · Views: 1,275
  • my back recent JPEG.JPG
    my back recent JPEG.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 3,729
  • Image5a.JPG
    Image5a.JPG
    26.2 KB · Views: 1,395
Last edited:
I have run it before, but I have never competed. Its my opinion that it would not be a good idea to run it so close to competition. While I was running it, some of the swelling I got made my biceps look a bit unnatural. Once I went on the maintenance phase though that all went away and it looked great. Another thing to worry about is the possiblity of brusing. I got a few bruised while shooting that area because there are a lot of veins/arterioles running around. A bruise wouldnt be a good thing on stage. Been a long time since I ran the syntherol, but I think its run for at least 8 weeks to get the maximum effect. I wouldnt cut it short either. I would just wait until after the contest to run it.

you will be fine just stop 1 week b4.you should start now, since your prep should prob start in april. based on weight, desired weight and current BF%. you have plenty of time for two runs syntherol w/maintenence
-c

you will be fine just stop 1 week b4.you should start now, since your prep should prob start in april. based on weight, desired weight and current BF%. you have plenty of time for two runs syntherol w/maintenence
-c

What he said.

I have run it before, but I have never competed. Its my opinion that it would not be a good idea to run it so close to competition. While I was running it, some of the swelling I got made my biceps look a bit unnatural. Once I went on the maintenance phase though that all went away and it looked great. Another thing to worry about is the possiblity of brusing. I got a few bruised while shooting that area because there are a lot of veins/arterioles running around. A bruise wouldnt be a good thing on stage. Been a long time since I ran the syntherol, but I think its run for at least 8 weeks to get the maximum effect. I wouldnt cut it short either. I would just wait until after the contest to run it.

thank you, very helpful, i think ur right and it would look bad is the muscle didnt look natural and it would be risky

-c

are you saying i would likely need 2 runs of synthol to acheive the arm gains im looking for?

also ive understood the maintaince phase is for about 5 weeks after you use synthol?,

would i be able to maintain the gains up to the competition without the maintaince phase?

or are you saying i wont be able to maintain the gains i make from the synthol unless i continue using the maintaince phase protocol indefinetaly?

apologize for the questions but my last synthol run was very unsuccessful so im pesimistic

Last edited:
you could respond many ways, so in no way did I mean u need more or less. just based on how much time, you could go for two rounds. your first time maybe you didn't grow into the fascia, so give yourself 8 months to do it this time. and if u do it as you outline,(30 days/5 weeks maint) 2 rounds is 18 weeks, plenty of time with your show in Oct

Just noticed that the comp isnt until Oct, why dont you start the syntherol now? Why wait till 8 weeks before the show? You should do it now if you want to use it, and this will give you time to do it properly. I was happy with my results when I did just biceps.

you could respond many ways, so in no way did I mean u need more or less. just based on how much time, you could go for two rounds. your first time maybe you didn't grow into the fascia, so give yourself 8 months to do it this time. and if u do it as you outline,(30 days/5 weeks maint) 2 rounds is 18 weeks, plenty of time with your show in Oct

i beleive i failed last time coz the needle length i used was 27g half inch and didnt go dee[ into the muscle

but okay i think i will try this time before the comp, im just worried about not maintaing my arm gains

Just noticed that the comp isnt until Oct, why dont you start the syntherol now? Why wait till 8 weeks before the show? You should do it now if you want to use it, and this will give you time to do it properly. I was happy with my results when I did just biceps.

just concerned i wont be able to maintain the arm gains, hence why i wanted to do ti before the comp

i beleive i failed last time coz the needle length i used was 27g half inch and didnt go dee[ into the muscle

but okay i think i will try this time before the comp, im just worried about not maintaing my arm gains

just concerned i wont be able to maintain the arm gains, hence why i wanted to do it before the comp to hold the most size possible

just concerned i wont be able to maintain the arm gains, hence why i wanted to do it before the comp to hold the most size possible

1/2 inch 27 gauge???????
yeah...you missed alright.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear