over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Synvisc

upeccmi

Registered
I've been doing this a long time and use to really hit the poundages when younger. I partially tore both quads, later completely tore my left with surgery 2 years ago. My problem is mostly my right knee, besides the partial tear that doesn't seem to bother me much (it's actually just frayed) I have a lot of osteoarthritis in that knee, so much that I can't hit legs with much weight at all anymore.
I was wondering if anyone has done the synvisc one shots in the knees and what is the long term effect for a weightlifter doing this every 6-12 months?
I take a mild pain pill (Tramadol) but that is not helping anymore and looking at this to allow me to continue to train hard.

I have done this in both knees a couple times. Three shots each one week apart. Shot goes in at least 3 to 4 inches into synovial sack and redistributes the gel. It worked or it was placebo. I stopped the procedure because fish oil and glucosamine was helping a lot. I have had three knee surgeries and two broken kneecaps. One surgery was videoed and he should me where the cartilage was growing back / repair from the glucosamine. Only thing is, once cartridge is gone, it be gone. I recommend the shots , they will help. They will be swollen on day of the needle.

Synvisc works for some people. It's worth a shot...

Tramadol is not a mild painkiller. I suppose that's very unhealthy to train on such drugs.

Gesendet von meinem MHA-L09 mit Tapatalk

Tramadol is not a mild painkiller. I suppose that's very unhealthy to train on such drugs.

Gesendet von meinem MHA-L09 mit Tapatalk

Why do you say that? Tramadol at 50 mgs is nothing. Yes it's an opiod but a very mild one and does not give me any side effects but some pain relief. I use to take a shit load of advil but that hit my kidneys so the doctor gave me this, been on it for several years now.
I have been on the heavy stuff like dilaudin and mophine ( for my back) and that messes me up, this doesn't.

Synvisc works for some people. It's worth a shot...

Thanks, yeah I have been told to do this for a while, just now looking to pull the trigger. I guess my concern is the effects of doing legs on the shots and if that negates any of the effect.
I was told years ago that knee replacements are in my future. Heavy legs when younger did the damage.

Get it done and wait three or so days before legs. I remember working legs a couple of days afterwards. It could pay dividends for years to come.

Tramadol is no joke. I never have taken it but watch many people who do. Some think of it like Tylenol +1. Others get high off it. I have seen a few people go through opiate withdrawal with it but most do not. It is the lowest opiate in comparison to the the heavy hitters like oxycodone, hydrocodone and the rest. And it makes sense to use it in place of tons of ibuprofen.

I would give it a day or two prior to training legs after a synvisc shot. The shot in general might aggravate the joint itself for a short period. Using it won't hurt. Its just going to add lubrication to your joint and that is a good thing. Maybe ice the joint if it gets sore afterword.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear