over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Systemic Candida Treatment Log

Sully1234

Registered
Newbies
Today I just started a long term (4-8 week) Candida treatment program.

For years and years I've had chronic fatigue, brain fog, oral thrush, itchy anus etc. All the classic symptoms but only ever managed to get about a weeks worth of Diflucan. Now I have 8 weeks worth and will probably add some other stuff in.

Protocol is pretty simple - 200mg Generic Diflucan ED for 4-8 weeks.

Add on's I'm considering after Week 1:

Candex
Ozone Oil
NOW Supplements - Candida Support

If anyone has experience dealing with this or input please feel free to share! Otherwise I will only update when worthwhile.

I would add oregano oil and betaine hcl to that as well. You likely have low stomach acid levels if you have a candida overgrowth.
Consider caprylic acid and berberine as well. Also….definitely be taking a good 10-30 grams of glutamine

I would add oregano oil and betaine hcl to that as well. You likely have low stomach acid levels if you have a candida overgrowth.
Consider caprylic acid and berberine as well. Also….definitely be taking a good 10-30 grams of glutamine

Yep, you hit the nail on the head. The acid thing is tricky for me since I have stomach ulcers though. I have to be super careful adding in betaine hcl...

Yep, you hit the nail on the head. The acid thing is tricky for me since I have stomach ulcers though. I have to be super careful adding in betaine hcl...
Well then skip the betaine for now. Start with 10 grams of glutamine on an empty stomach first thing in the am. Wait 20-30 minutes before having food. Do another 10 grams mid day and before bed. It’s cheap enough that I would stick with this for several months. I would also add in marshamallow root and Dgl for the ulcer

Well then skip the betaine for now. Start with 10 grams of glutamine on an empty stomach first thing in the am. Wait 20-30 minutes before having food. Do another 10 grams mid day and before bed. It’s cheap enough that I would stick with this for several months. I would also add in marshamallow root and Dgl for the ulcer

I usually do 10g Glutamine first thing in the morning and pre workout but I'll add in another before bed.

Not familiar with marshmallow or DGL in regards to gut health. Gonna do some reading now. Thanks!

One weird thing to report: Looked at my tongue today and there are two distinct spots in the oral thrush. Almost look like small cuts in my tongue.

One weird thing to report: Looked at my tongue today and there are two distinct spots in the oral thrush. Almost look like small cuts in my tongue.
Fissured tongue can be cause by malnutrition, which you likely have because of the leaky gut and candida

Fissured tongue can be cause by malnutrition, which you likely have because of the leaky gut and candida

Interesting. Maybe it was just coincidence considering I was examining my tongue more closely.

Also, I ended up deciding to go nuclear from the start lol.

Just ordered the Candex and the NOW Candida Support (Combo of Caprylic Acid, Pau D'Arco, Black Walnut and Oregano oil).

From what I understand systemic fungal infections are hard to diagnose? Have you been diagnosed w this?

I have some weird symptoms going on right now and just wandered what other issues you were having or how you settled on systemic candida?

From what I understand systemic fungal infections are hard to diagnose? Have you been diagnosed w this?

I have some weird symptoms going on right now and just wandered what other issues you were having or how you settled on systemic candida?
I would imagine he’s just guessing since he’s self treating. If you use or have used antibiotics often….there’s a good chance you have an overgrowth

They are. I'm going based of symptoms - brain fog, oral thrush, itchy anus, chronic fatigue etc.

Stool tests I believe can only measure large colon candida. I'm not sure how else you test but I was prescribed Nystatin before and did nothing.

I would imagine he’s just guessing since he’s self treating. If you use or have used antibiotics often….there’s a good chance you have an overgrowth

Oddly enough I've only used antibiotics a handful of times. That being said there is a theory that those with hypothyroidism are more susceptible to developing fungal growth as it lowers your body temperature.

I don't know how accurate that is but based on my symptoms it's reasoable to assume its Candida and after over 10 years of low energy levels I'm willing to try anything.

Oddly enough I've only used antibiotics a handful of times. That being said there is a theory that those with hypothyroidism are more susceptible to developing fungal growth as it lowers your body temperature.

I don't know how accurate that is but based on my symptoms it's reasoable to assume its Candida and after over 10 years of low energy levels I'm willing to try anything.
Didn’t realize you had hypothyroidism. I have heard this can increase the risk of overgrowth.

Update: Yesterday I took the NOW Candida Support with my normal Diflucan and had terrible fatigue all day.

Didn't have "die off" symptoms like fever, diarrhea, chills etc so could have just been coincidence.

Also, oral thrush seems to be receding a bit.

Candida feed on sugar. I do keto but when I break it for a week I start to get all the symptoms of overgrowth. I'd assume doing keto will help during a cleansing

Candida feed on sugar. I do keto but when I break it for a week I start to get all the symptoms of overgrowth. I'd assume doing keto will help during a cleansing

I believe you're right. One weird thing I notice when I eat too many carbs is my forearms get a couple itchy lesion like cuts. Maybe some type of psoriasis like flare up response. Not exactly sure but it happens consistently with bread, pasta etc.

Update: One weird thing I've noticed. I don't have fatigue during the day like I did Sunday I think it was.

But I do have a VERY hard time waking up in the morning even after getting 9+ hours of sleep.

Update: One weird thing I've noticed. I don't have fatigue during the day like I did Sunday I think it was.

But I do have a VERY hard time waking up in the morning even after getting 9+ hours of sleep.
Lots of weird stuff like that happens when we’re messing with gut microbiome. It’s literally responsible for determining our immune response

It could also just be the diflucan making you drowsy. When in the day do you take it?

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws