over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

T-3/T-4 concern...

MUSCLEBOSS35

Registered
:eek: If anyone with some kind of medical experience can help out with this concern; I recently went to my doctor to get a full panel of blood work done including a PSA even a "manual" prostate check just to make sure everything was running fine, this after competing in a show about 4 weeks ago. Well I got the test results back and evrything including the prostate checks out fine..what is worrying me is my "thyroxine'" aka T-4 results...it came back at less than 1.0!...the average is 4.5-12.0. Does this mean I have completely shut down my own production?

I would think if this were the case, I would be overly obese or something but I'm not...so what does this mean?..yes, I was taking cytomel pre-contest and I usually continue to take it after the show to taper off...not go cold turkey...a while back and I think it was a thread on this board, I swore i read a thread saying it was almost impossible to shut down your thyroid by using cytomel.

Either way..what can I do now?..on the brighter side, my testosterone levels did come down a bit..to 1,894 from 6,680!. The norm I think is 241-827 for total testosterone. My free test came in at 52.0..the norm is 8.7-25.1.

Has anyone experience the thyroid shut down before?...sorry to ramble on but I have never had this happen to me before...by the way I placed 1st in my weight class and 2nd for the overall.

Thanks

What was your TSH value? That will give a better picture of what is going on.

T3

Yes, I was taking the oxyflux brand of clen..so at my highest dose i was taking 8 tabs....I did alternate with ECA stack. My TSH came back at 0.444 the average is 0.350-5.500. :confused:

How long have you been off? The good news is your TSH is within normal range. It was likely surpressed due to your T3 dosing. This rebound over time and as it does, your T4 (thyroxine) will go up. I would keep my diet clean and don't do anything now to affect your thyroid (clen, t3, or hgh).

Also, how old are you? Most docs don't do a "manual" prostate exam until you are 40, some wait even later. The PSA is pretty good at picking up early prostate cancer and you rarely see malignant prostatic hypertrophy at below 40. Another thing to consider is that when on Test you will often get BPH (benign prostatic hypertrophy) so with a digital exam you could alarm your doc unnecessarily.

I hope your doc had small hands.

He told me...

Snarf said:
Also, how old are you? Most docs don't do a "manual" prostate exam until you are 40, some wait even later. The PSA is pretty good at picking up early prostate cancer and you rarely see malignant prostatic hypertrophy at below 40. Another thing to consider is that when on Test you will often get BPH (benign prostatic hypertrophy) so with a digital exam you could alarm your doc unnecessarily.

I hope your doc had small hands.
he knows his doc has small hands because they were both on his shoulders during the prostate exam! :eek: :eek: - J/K, couldn't help myself :p

xcelbeyond said:
he knows his doc has small hands because they were both on his shoulders during the prostate exam! :eek: :eek: - J/K, couldn't help myself :p

lol I had a feeling that was coming :D

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • MikeS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members