over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

T-4 and gh?

powerof2

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I had blood work done 2 months ago. Thyroid was starting to get low but not to alarming. This month I'm dragging ass!! If I start T-4 now how will it play out long term if I'm not planning on going of gh for over a year. Will I be stuck on thyroid meds for life? I have a hard time putting on weight. Will it make it even harder or will I just be back to normal function. I was thinking 100mcg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why not talk to your doctor about it?

If you have a hard time putting on weight and your thyroid is still within range on a blood test I wouldn't start adding t4. It is obviously functioning well enough that you are able to become lean. It may have nothing to do with you feeling tired.

T4 is overrated. I've seen guys get extremely lean without it, but there are guys that are huge endomorphs that cannot get lean without it.

I had blood work done 2 months ago. Thyroid was starting to get low but not to alarming. This month I'm dragging ass!! If I start T-4 now how will it play out long term if I'm not planning on going of gh for over a year. Will I be stuck on thyroid meds for life? I have a hard time putting on weight. Will it make it even harder or will I just be back to normal function. I was thinking 100mcg

What you mean by thyroid getting low? Can you post the bloods brother? GH will increase T4 to T3 conversion so even though it may APPEAR that T4 is low it is actually not since it is being converted at an accelerated rate. We need to see your TSH and T3 values as well. I had bloodwork done multiple times on thyroid meds to see how they work with and without GH or GH supps. Anytime I was on a GH enhancing supp or GH my T4 was low but my TSH was normal and T3 was high so all was well. Adding more T4 would just increase conversion then my T3 was sky high and TSH was damn near zero and T4 was still low because of the increase in conversion. Without GH or GH supps on T4 my T4 and T3 were high normal and my TSH was low indicating too much thyroid since I was supplementing.

You can email me the bloodwork if you don't want to openly share bro.

If you have a hard time putting on weight and your thyroid is still within range on a blood test I wouldn't start adding t4. It is obviously functioning well enough that you are able to become lean. It may have nothing to do with you feeling tired.

T4 is overrated. I've seen guys get extremely lean without it, but there are guys that are huge endomorphs that cannot get lean without it.

What you mean T4 is overrated? It's a thyroid med and it works when needed.

What you mean by thyroid getting low? Can you post the bloods brother? GH will increase T4 to T3 conversion so even though it may APPEAR that T4 is low it is actually not since it is being converted at an accelerated rate. We need to see your TSH and T3 values as well. I had bloodwork done multiple times on thyroid meds to see how they work with and without GH or GH supps. Anytime I was on a GH enhancing supp or GH my T4 was low but my TSH was normal and T3 was high so all was well. Adding more T4 would just increase conversion then my T3 was sky high and TSH was damn near zero and T4 was still low because of the increase in conversion. Without GH or GH supps on T4 my T4 and T3 were high normal and my TSH was low indicating too much thyroid since I was supplementing.

You can email me the bloodwork if you don't want to openly share bro.

They just tested my tsh it was 1.5. So not to low. I'm normally 3-3.4. In the upper range. I guess I better retest and have both 3 and 4 tested. I for some reason was thinking that after being on gh for extended periods of time that u would need to go on one of the other. I would rather not. But lately if I sit down its lights out!

Normally when I bulk with slin and gear I do get soft. But with gh in the mix I actually dropped in bf while calories were around 5000. I had to take a break from bulking I was stuck with my gains and couldn't stand the idea of forcing food down. Fasted bs was getting up around 100. Quick dnp run always fixes that.

They just tested my tsh it was 1.5. So not to low. I'm normally 3-3.4. In the upper range. I guess I better retest and have both 3 and 4 tested. I for some reason was thinking that after being on gh for extended periods of time that u would need to go on one of the other. I would rather not. But lately if I sit down its lights out!

You need FREE T3 measured... That's the only true measure of active thyroid hormone in the blood.

Wouldnt hurt to get "Reverse T3" tested as well incase you're converting T4 poorly... But thats probably not the case unless you're getting fat and/or more fatigued

Brother a low TSH indicates hyperthyroidism not hypo-, the reason the TSH, thyroid stimulating hormone, is released by the pituitary is to release more T4 from the thyroid. When the system experiences high levels of T3/T4 it decreases the amount of TSH in order to decrease the amount of T3/T4 out there. This is of course true in a healthy individual as diseases and conditions could change things. It sounds like you may have the opposite problem then what you think. Your metabolism is actually high not low from the sounds of it. Get a full thyroid panel if you can, it would tell us more for sure. I'll try and dig up my bloodwork and posts about it and link it here.

Brother a low TSH indicates hyperthyroidism not hypo-, the reason the TSH, thyroid stimulating hormone, is released by the pituitary is to release more T4 from the thyroid. When the system experiences high levels of T3/T4 it decreases the amount of TSH in order to decrease the amount of T3/T4 out there. This is of course true in a healthy individual as diseases and conditions could change things. It sounds like you may have the opposite problem then what you think. Your metabolism is actually high not low from the sounds of it. Get a full thyroid panel if you can, it would tell us more for sure. I'll try and dig up my bloodwork and posts about it and link it here.

Thanks brother

Go hospital for such advice.

The post whoring for the sake of getting you banner in every thread is getting obvious... If you're going to post at least have some substance or useful information in them

Brother a low TSH indicates hyperthyroidism not hypo-, the reason the TSH, thyroid stimulating hormone, is released by the pituitary is to release more T4 from the thyroid. When the system experiences high levels of T3/T4 it decreases the amount of TSH in order to decrease the amount of T3/T4 out there. This is of course true in a healthy individual as diseases and conditions could change things...

I've been dealing with thyroid issues for years...

TSH is only an "okay" lab to go by if no other links in the chain are broken.. But you're taking GH so that lab will be skewed. Like Rambo said above you need a full thyroid panel to get a good idea of whats actually going on.

If you're taking TOO MUCH t4, regardless of the GH, you could be short changing yourself by starting to convert the T4 into RT3 (blocks T3 from getting to receptors) instead of T3

Low cortisol, high cortisol, low iron, selenium, iodine etc can all affect how much T3 will actually make it to and act on cell receptors <-- thats all that matters

But again if you're not fat or tired then yeah you're probably doing fine

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner