over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

T3 and caffeine

stronglittlecookie

Newbies
Hi everyone,

I’m already lean but want to get really ripped. My diet is clean and doing cardio and weights religiously. I take everyday 400-500mg caffeine and now I’m planning to take T3 as my free T3 could be higher. The reference range is 1.71-3.71 and mine is 2.17. Shall I reduce my caffeine intake when I start T3? Or shall I completely stop caffeine? Thanks!

Hi everyone,

I’m already lean but want to get really ripped. My diet is clean and doing cardio and weights religiously. I take everyday 400-500mg caffeine and now I’m planning to take T3 as my free T3 could be higher. The reference range is 1.71-3.71 and mine is 2.17. Shall I reduce my caffeine intake when I start T3? Or shall I completely stop caffeine? Thanks!
How are you thinking of taking the T3? How much, how often and for how long?

I don't think you'll need to reduce the caffeine regardless. But what does concern me is your plan to keep the weight off. This aggressive diet/cardio/supplement regimen approach to get lean very usually is not going to be sustainable.

If you are wanting to stay lean for the rest of your life, I think your approach should be to seriously look at your diet and long term exercise plan. If you are only looking for relatively temporary results, then what you are doing will work fine.

You can also throw in a low dose of Clenbuterol. It works very well with Caffeine and T3. You can even throw in 800mg of Tyrosine with your Caffeine pre-cardio to speed things up even more.

How are you thinking of taking the T3? How much, how often and for how long?

I don't think you'll need to reduce the caffeine regardless. But what does concern me is your plan to keep the weight off. This aggressive diet/cardio/supplement regimen approach to get lean very usually is not going to be sustainable.

If you are wanting to stay lean for the rest of your life, I think your approach should be to seriously look at your diet and long term exercise plan. If you are only looking for relatively temporary results, then what you are doing will work fine.

You can also throw in a low dose of Clenbuterol. It works very well with Caffeine and T3. You can even throw in 800mg of Tyrosine with your Caffeine pre-cardio to speed things up even more.

I’m planning to start off with 25mcg per day split into two. Then building it up to 50mcg not more and watching how my body reacts. I wanted to ask about the T3-caffeine combo because I don’t want to shock my body.

I’m training for 8 years now, 6 times a week even when on holiday. I eat 7 times per day and I put everything into an excel file so I know how many grams of protein, fat etc I eat. I’m 5’5” and 105lbs and strong for my size. I’ve got 4 pack abs now used to have 6pack. I was working on putting on lean muscle which I managed to achieve and happy with the results but now I want to get my 6 pack back and I thought T3 can help me with that. I also considered taking T3 because my free T3 is not high enough and I already tried natural T3 boosters like 1g Tyrosine per day and selenium. I’m not sure how long I want to take T3 it depends on how my body tolerates it. Given the fact that my natural T3 didn’t react to natural boosters I may take it for life to keep my metabolism on high speed. As I noticed it is slower than it used to be despite my superclean diet and hard workouts.

How old are you and what does your diet look like? I really think you should focus more on your diet than anything else. Working out 6 days a week is not sustainable.

Here's a real story. When I met my girl she used to workout 4 days a week and do 60 minutes of cardio 6 days a week. She was having trouble with her weight and she was only 29 years old. Today, at 41, she only does short 40-45min workouts 3-4 days a week and 30 minutes of cardio 3 days a week. And yet she stays 25-30lbs leaner than when I met her.

I completely changed her diet and really cut down on her workouts to cut back her cortisol and aldosterone production. So she doesn't lose as much muscle and it's a little easier for her to burn fat.

It's a learning curve. Because the natural impulse is to do more instead of reconsidering what we are currently doing that's not particularly effective. And doing more is often not the right answer in my way of thinking anyway.

Last edited:
How old are you and what does your diet look like? I really think you should focus more on your diet than anything else. Working out 6 days a week is not sustainable.

Here's a real story. When I met my girl she used to workout 4 days a week and do 60 minutes of cardio 6 days a week. She was having trouble with her weight and she was only 29 years old. Today, at 41, she only does short 40-45min workouts 3-4 days a week and 30 minutes of cardio 3 days a week. And yet she stays 25-30lbs leaner than when I met her.

I completely changed her diet and really cut down on her workouts to cut back her cortisol and aldosterone production. So she doesn't lose as much muscle and it's a little easier for her to burn fat.

It's a learning curve. Because the natural impulse is to do more instead of reconsidering what we are currently doing that's not particularly effective. And doing more is often not the right answer in my way of thinking anyway.

Not sustainable? I’ve been doing it for years. 3 cardio and 3 weight session per week. I noticed if do less my metabolism slows down and gain fat. Also I don’t feel good when I don’t go to the gym. On my day off I feel like shit. I always go in the morning and it’s an amazing start for the day. I’m 25, eat around 200g protein,20g fat, 50g carb a day of which 30g is fibre. Basically I eat protein and fibre rich vegetables like broccoli. I don’t eat brown rice etc. I don’t need them and look and feel much better without them. I believe everyone is different and has to figure out what works the best for one’s body.

Not sustainable? I’ve been doing it for years. 3 cardio and 3 weight session per week. I noticed if do less my metabolism slows down and gain fat. Also I don’t feel good when I don’t go to the gym. On my day off I feel like shit. I always go in the morning and it’s an amazing start for the day. I’m 25, eat around 200g protein,20g fat, 50g carb a day of which 30g is fibre. Basically I eat protein and fibre rich vegetables like broccoli. I don’t eat brown rice etc. I don’t need them and look and feel much better without them. I believe everyone is different and has to figure out what works the best for one’s body.
Maybe you're right. It's just that most women can't keep up 6 days a week into their 40's and 50's. So forget I said that and just take this part: "I don't think you'll need to reduce the caffeine".

Trust me when I tell you that your metabolism has not slowed down yet. Not at 25. Though I could be wrong, It may be you simply need to add a small amount of carbs into your meals to speed it back up. Just something to think about. You can do some searches on the concept. And you are right about everyone is different.

Maybe you're right. It's just that most women can't keep up 6 days a week into their 40's and 50's. So forget I said that and just take this part: "I don't think you'll need to reduce the caffeine".

Trust me when I tell you that your metabolism has not slowed down yet. Not at 25. Though I could be wrong, It may be you simply need to add a small amount of carbs into your meals to speed it back up. Just something to think about. You can do some searches on the concept. And you are right about everyone is different.

Thanks for your reply. I took the caffeine advice on board and will do the research.

There is a study that has confirmed (you can find it on this board) that Caffine DOES IN FACT reduce the effect of T3 when taken togther.

Take your coffee or t3 a hour apart.

I just learned this a few weeks ago.

At 25, you are still very young and should have a pretty high / good metabolism. Some things to try instead of T3... only because using T3 can cause Thyroid problems (hypothyroidism) so this is why so many member try to discourage the use of it. Does your family have a history of hypothyroidism?

Everyone reaches plateau when it comes to training and dieting. To over come these plateaus, you have to change your routine and diet. Try working in 12 wk cycles. Just switching to DC (Dogcrapp), HITT, Mountain Dog just to mention a few excellent routines. Information on these style training are available on this board. Try searching. Also changing you diet from low carb/high fats to carb rotating, or increasing or decreasing daily caloric intake by 100 calories each week will help your weight loss.

Some supplements to help boost fat loss:
•syntherolEphedrine/Caffeine/Aspirin (ECA) stack
• Essential fats: Example Coconut oil (see Mountain Dog's diet)
• Natural thyroid stimulating products: Huggulee Guggulee (Guggul short), Yohimbine

Be sure and cycle the stacks and natural thyroid stimulating products.

Don't forget Rest. Overtraining can slow down weight loss and muscle growth. When was the last time you took a week off from training? I was training and dieting like a mad woman for 8 to 10 weeks. Due to holidays and what not, I took an unscheduled week off and lost several pounds which broke my plateau. Now I make it point to work in 12 wks cycles with a week off. During the week off from training, I continue eating clean. I use to take a week off after 6 months of training. It's up to you on when you schedule a week off, but take time off to rest!

These are just some options to T3. If you decide to try the T3 be sure and cycle off it after 6 to 8 wks. If you decide to do Clen, cycle it as well.

Maybe you're right. It's just that most women can't keep up 6 days a week into their 40's and 50's.

Better take a good look around... several of us on this board are over 40. ;)

Better take a good look around... several of us on this board are over 40. ;)

Haha, I have a number of over 40 and even a few over 60 women clients myself in excellent shape. So I know they're around. My clients get it done in 3-4 days a week though.

Often people, not just women, get so busy they can't invest that much time. If you can invest that much time then 5-6 days a week is good as long as you can keep it up. No argument here.

Last edited:
Ive heard many do this but why split the doses of t3?

I've read anecdotal reports that t3 has two half lifes one that is 7 days and one for 6 hours

I split mine every 6 hours... first time I tried t3 I didn't and felt like shit

The effects of T3 start within a few hours. But it peaks at 2 to 3 days. The biological half-life is about 2-1/2 days. The effect is cumulative. So by 3 to 5 days it's fully kicked in.

Whether you split the dose or not depends on how much you're taking per day. If you are taking high dosages you would want to split it to avoid high spikes causing sides. If you are within clinical dosages then once a day is perfect.

The effects of T3 start within a few hours. But it peaks at 2 to 3 days. The biological half-life is about 2-1/2 days. The effect is cumulative. So by 3 to 5 days it's fully kicked in.

Whether you split the dose or not depends on how much you're taking per day. If you are taking high dosages you would want to split it to avoid high spikes causing sides. If you are within clinical dosages then once a day is perfect.

As the half life is as big as 2 days, I dont see how to cause spikes and the reason for splitting, regardless of dose

At 25, you are still very young and should have a pretty high / good metabolism. Some things to try instead of T3... only because using T3 can cause Thyroid problems (hypothyroidism) so this is why so many member try to discourage the use of it. Does your family have a history of hypothyroidism?

Everyone reaches plateau when it comes to training and dieting. To over come these plateaus, you have to change your routine and diet. Try working in 12 wk cycles. Just switching to DC (Dogcrapp), HITT, Mountain Dog just to mention a few excellent routines. Information on these style training are available on this board. Try searching. Also changing you diet from low carb/high fats to carb rotating, or increasing or decreasing daily caloric intake by 100 calories each week will help your weight loss.

Some supplements to help boost fat loss:
•syntherolEphedrine/Caffeine/Aspirin (ECA) stack
• Essential fats: Example Coconut oil (see Mountain Dog's diet)
• Natural thyroid stimulating products: Huggulee Guggulee (Guggul short), Yohimbine

Be sure and cycle the stacks and natural thyroid stimulating products.

Don't forget Rest. Overtraining can slow down weight loss and muscle growth. When was the last time you took a week off from training? I was training and dieting like a mad woman for 8 to 10 weeks. Due to holidays and what not, I took an unscheduled week off and lost several pounds which broke my plateau. Now I make it point to work in 12 wks cycles with a week off. During the week off from training, I continue eating clean. I use to take a week off after 6 months of training. It's up to you on when you schedule a week off, but take time off to rest!

These are just some options to T3. If you decide to try the T3 be sure and cycle off it after 6 to 8 wks. If you decide to do Clen, cycle it as well.

No hypothyroidism in my family.

Last time I took a week off was last October. It was good but I couldn't wait to go back!

I will cycle T3 off. I won't be using Clen.

Haha, I have a number of over 40 and even a few over 60 women clients myself in excellent shape. So I know they're around. My clients get it done in 3-4 days a week though.

Often people, not just women, get so busy they can't invest that much time. If you can invest that much time then 5-6 days a week is good as long as you can keep it up. No argument here.

Now I can relate never ending schedule. Seems like there is never enough time in the day. Some days I would like an extra day off. My husband, Everlast, is doing a 3-4 day workout... John Meadows (Mountain Dog). He really likes it. I've considered changing my workout like this as well, but I really don't mine working out shorter sessions 5 days a wk with 2 off days.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws