over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

t3 experts

you still like those 5mcg T3 pills?

That's my favorite. Play around with the sub-25mcg threshold, 50mcg T4 at night.

Some people recommend up to 80mcg to force the issue, but this is never just for "fat loss."

Yes I do :) I take 5mcgs of liothyronine 3x's per day, along with 25mcgs of L-thyroxine prebed.

Pushing the envelope towards factitious hyperthyroidism doesn't seem appealing to me.

...hypercalcemia and the potential of thromboembolism just ain't my cup of tea.

Stewie. What is the benefit of taking synthroid pre bed versus first thing in the am?

Stewie. What is the benefit of taking synthroid pre bed versus first thing in the am?

It's of my belief its due to factors that can influence the absorption rate (inhibitors [calcium containing foods, coffee, iron containing foods, ect] of levothyroxine-synthroid) that one would primarily consume first thing in the AM.

Can Levothyroxine Be Taken as Evening Dose? Comparative Evaluation of Morning versus Evening Dose of Levothyroxine in Treatment of Hypothyroidism

It's of my belief its due to factors that can influence the absorption rate (inhibitors [calcium containing foods, coffee, iron containing foods, ect] of levothyroxine-synthroid) that one would primarily consume first thing in the AM.

Can Levothyroxine Be Taken as Evening Dose? Comparative Evaluation of Morning versus Evening Dose of Levothyroxine in Treatment of Hypothyroidism

Thank you. Endo advised synthroid first thing in the morning. One hour before coffee etc and two hours before supps and food. I usually take a calcium supp and have a shake/food pre bed. I think it may make sense for me to stick with docs advise here.

Thank you. Endo advised synthroid first thing in the morning. One hour before coffee etc and two hours before supps and food. I usually take a calcium supp and have a shake/food pre bed. I think it may make sense for me to stick with docs advise here.

I would say if that's working for you, no need for change :)

Never understood the reasoning for taking large doses 40+mcgs of liothyronine (T3)?

Oh that's right, it's the misconceptions, more is better. I reckon.

Beat me to it.. I urge members to read the endocrine society guidelines for treating thyroid deficiency, the doses are much lower then you think.

Yes I should have been more specific

Actually, with liothyronine (T3) is doesn't matter if you take it with or without food.

Any type of T4 should be taken on an empty stomach, preferably before bedtime.

Yes I do :) I take 5mcgs of liothyronine 3x's per day, along with 25mcgs of L-thyroxine prebed.

Pushing the envelope towards factitious hyperthyroidism doesn't seem appealing to me.

...hypercalcemia and the potential of thromboembolism just ain't my cup of tea.

What purpose do you take them for? Do you require thyroid hormone...or is it for maintaining a lean state?

What purpose do you take them for? Do you require thyroid hormone...or is it for maintaining a lean state?

bump, curious too why t4 is needed if supplementing with t3. How would one benefit with both vs just t3?

Thanks stewie

Can you take say 25mcg of t3 at night before bed ??? Will it still work if you sleep ok with it??

Just Curios but for those on pharma grade T3, do you find yourself now more sensitive to caffeine?

Currently on DOC prescribed Nature Throid(T4&T3) and I don't know how you guys can take 75mcg of T3 and not deal with all kind of side effects. I'm barely getting 15mcg T3 and feel like I have asthma sometimes.

Wouldn't someone become hyperthyroid with regular a working thyroid and adding +50mcg of T3?

Sent from Men's Correctional Facility.

Last edited:
Can you take say 25mcg of t3 at night before bed ??? Will it still work if you sleep ok with it??

The bed-time thing was just for t4, if you have an empty stomach. The assumption is that t4 is absorbed better at bed time on an empty stomach with no calcium while you are sleeping. Also, the T4 might undergo a better conversion to T3 while sleeping. But if you take T3 before bed, you may have trouble sleeping.

Also, pertaining to other questions, some very few processes exclusively utilize T4, so it's often been recommended that a person take a little T4 with their T3, especially if the exogenous T3 suppresses your natural T4.

Actually, with liothyronine (T3) is doesn't matter if you take it with or without food.

Any type of T4 should be taken on an empty stomach, preferably before bedtime.

There are almost as many absorption issues with T3 as with T4 so I definitely wouldn't take it with food. Personally I get up to pee usually 1-2 times a night so I just set out two tabs and take it in the middle of the night to ensure no issues.

Whoever said 50mcg isn't enough though is retarded. I would never go higher and even then, 50mcg is enough to tear through glycogen if you are in a deficit

There are almost as many absorption issues with T3 as with T4 so I definitely wouldn't take it with food. Personally I get up to pee usually 1-2 times a night so I just set out two tabs and take it in the middle of the night to ensure no issues.

Whoever said 50mcg isn't enough though is retarded. I would never go higher and even then, 50mcg is enough to tear through glycogen if you are in a deficit

I'd be interested in seeing the potential food interaction with liothyronine, if you don't mind sharing.

So I hear that taking too much T3 will leave you flat and pump less in the gym?

Sent from Men's Correctional Facility.

I'm prescribed both liothyronie (T3) and L-thyroxine (T4). Thyroid hormones act as multifactorial regulators on the body as a whole.

One of the primary intended reasons for myself other than subclinical hypothyroidism, is to address a genetic trait I have, which is very high levels of lipoprotein(a). By optimizing both of my T4 and T3 levels, this along with a few other strategies has reduced the total of my Lp(a) and increased the buoyancy of these inflammatory rascals.

bump, curious too why t4 is needed if supplementing with t3. How would one benefit with both vs just t3?

Thanks stewie

See above :)

What's the connection with this and t3? Sounds interesting.

Hyperthyroidism can increase mean platelet volume as well increase platelet aggression. This in itself is a risk factor for thrombosis.

Hyperthyroidism can also lead to hypercalcemia. Mix this with supraphysiological levels of any AAS plus GH could potentially lead to the progression of arteriosclerotic plaques. Given the aforementioned, no one is running large doses of thyroid hormones without the adjuvant use of AAS and or GH.

I just started 12.5mcg per day

wish me luck

That's a good place to start. If you wanted too, you could break that up in two doses and titrate your doses up by 6.25mcgs per dose after a few weeks. 25mcgs is plenty fine as long as you're not suppressing your TSH <.3mIU/L . Especially in the presence of supraphysiological FT3 >475-500+pg/dL.

If this dosage is not deviated of a physiological range, as aforementioned. This dosage mixed with your choice of AAS would create a synergistic effect on protein synthesis, given your protein intake is sufficient for anabolism.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
MindMuscle88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws