over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

T3 for contest prep wrong!

buresu

Registered
Found this:

Bodybuilders who use thyroid drugs while attempting to carb load during the final week of their contest preparations may be wasting their time. The purpose of carb loading is to provide a fuller, more dense appearance to muscles. But taking thyroid drugs will inhibit glycogen synthesis. If a bodybuilder reduced his carb intake before the loading phase - as is the common practice - he may wind up looking "flat" onstage because the carbs simply won't kick in as expected due to the concomitant thyroid usage.

yea if you are using t3 you taper down the dosage the last week so that you can fill out.

but you dont want to stop completely because you dont want to rebound and combine low thyroid with lots of carbs

yea if you are using t3 you taper down the dosage the last week so that you can fill out.

but you dont want to stop completely because you dont want to rebound and combine low thyroid with lots of carbs

This is what I was thinking....

couldent you just use insulin to carb load?

T3 use will vary greatly from competitor to competitor. Some need it, some should never touch it.

There's no need to taper it while you're carbing up though. If you were doing refeeds or cheat meals during your prep, did the T3 you were taking mess with how that worked? Nope.

I think t3 burns too much muscle to use precontest.

That's because people don't increase their cals/protein when taking t3 - you need to bump up cals when adding it in. If you don't you will lose muscle.

That's because people don't increase their cals/protein when taking t3 - you need to bump up cals when adding it in. If you don't you will lose muscle.

Agreed.

However, you can throw this statement out the door if and when using AAS.

Chi

Depending upon which, and how much, AAS you are taking you can lose muscle on T3 if cals aren't increased.

maybe if your an ecto, but for me being a fat ass its a god send, that clen, ephedra and alot of cardio:(

If you cut out T3 after taking it while dieting down you will look and feel like shit,taper down a little but don't stop. Depends on person and natural metabolism but you need T3 even when going into contest. Little side note if your T3 is too low you will never put on muscle while your bulking,T3 is very important in protein synthesis.

T3 use will vary greatly from competitor to competitor. Some need it, some should never touch it.

There's no need to taper it while you're carbing up though. If you were doing refeeds or cheat meals during your prep, did the T3 you were taking mess with how that worked? Nope.

EXCELLENT POST ^^^ :headbang:

I know this thread is a little old but I wanted to add my experience to shelby's opinion..I'm currently cutting with test/tren/primo and added 3 weeks ago 50mcg t3...since then my once a week refeeds are not effective anymore, I mean that my muscles don't fill up anymore as they would before t3..after consuming 700-800 gr of carbs the next day I would be pumped and filled at max.rate but after I've added the t3 the next day of my refeed I still do look flat..and this is not my illusion it's fact...anybody else is experiencing this?

ive seen some guys says they lost muscle using it... definitely seems like a waste to use for contest prep.

ive seen some guys says they lost muscle using it... definitely seems like a waste to use for contest prep.

I think that combined with AAS and a good amount of protein consumed the muscle loss will be minimum...t3 makes you look flat due to depletion of muscle glycogen depots and people think that they're losing muscle.

Best and most detailed read on T3 I've ever seen was written by Karl Hoffman, aka, Nandi (RIP). Id post the article here, but it takes you to another board...

Easy to Google and totally worth it to read.

Cliffs notes: Take your T3 with Clen and AAS...and maybe Octopamine (bitter orange).

I know this thread is a little old but I wanted to add my experience to shelby's opinion..I'm currently cutting with test/tren/primo and added 3 weeks ago 50mcg t3...since then my once a week refeeds are not effective anymore, I mean that my muscles don't fill up anymore as they would before t3..after consuming 700-800 gr of carbs the next day I would be pumped and filled at max.rate but after I've added the t3 the next day of my refeed I still do look flat..and this is not my illusion it's fact...anybody else is experiencing this?

I would assume you are the type that probably never needed T3 to begin with.

-FF

Found this:

Bodybuilders who use thyroid drugs while attempting to carb load during the final week of their contest preparations may be wasting their time. The purpose of carb loading is to provide a fuller, more dense appearance to muscles. But taking thyroid drugs will inhibit glycogen synthesis. If a bodybuilder reduced his carb intake before the loading phase - as is the common practice - he may wind up looking "flat" onstage because the carbs simply won't kick in as expected due to the concomitant thyroid usage.

total bs, where did you find this?

This is what I was thinking....

more bs

accurate!

obviously accurate

total bs

Agreed.

However, you can throw this statement out the door if and when using AAS.

Chi

talking out ur ass

Depending upon which, and how much, AAS you are taking you can lose muscle on T3 if cals aren't increased.

you just don't get the biochemistry, why post?

maybe if your an ecto, but for me being a fat ass its a god send, that clen, ephedra and alot of cardio:(

you start contest prep as a fat ass?

If you cut out T3 after taking it while dieting down you will look and feel like shit,taper down a little but don't stop. Depends on person and natural metabolism but you need T3 even when going into contest. Little side note if your T3 is too low you will never put on muscle while your bulking,T3 is very important in protein synthesis.

accurate

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear