over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

T3 in a surplus?

JaredLinez

Registered
Newbies
Anyone a fan of it in a growth phase/recomp?

I was looking to add 25 t3 and maybe 100 t4 into my offseason here along with test/mast/promo

It help with recomping at all? What’s your guys experience?

Anyone a fan of it in a growth phase/recomp?

I was looking to add 25 t3 and maybe 100 t4 into my offseason here along with test/mast/promo

It help with recomping at all? What’s your guys experience?
Not recommended. T3 is catabolic, at least in the first 3 weeks from a study I read. Read a few threads about this same thing and the consensus is no.

In my experience not catabolic at all if there is a surplus. I'm taking it since 4 weeks at 50-75 mcg per day, along with 250 test, 300 masteron and 4 iu HGH. In these weeks i've put on 8 quality lbs. Only side effects are increased heart rate, sometimes a little nervousness and sweating more.

Not recommended. T3 is catabolic, at least in the first 3 weeks from a study I read. Read a few threads about this same thing and the consensus is no.
People need to stop viewing T3 as a "fat loss drug" and see it for what it is, a thyroid drug.

Optimizing your thyroid function with some combination of micronutrient intake, T4, and T3 is beneficial in almost any phase. Likewise, running it past a certain threshhold is going to be problematic in any phase as well.

Typically, most people only need to run T3 in the very late stages of a deep cut to optimize thyroid function. But, it's not unheard of for small doses of T3 to have a benefit during a bulk.

People need to stop viewing T3 as a "fat loss drug" and see it for what it is, a thyroid drug.

Optimizing your thyroid function with some combination of micronutrient intake, T4, and T3 is beneficial in almost any phase. Likewise, running it past a certain threshhold is going to be problematic in any phase as well.

Typically, most people only need to run T3 in the very late stages of a deep cut to optimize thyroid function. But, it's not unheard of for small doses of T3 to have a benefit during a bulk.
I've read the study quoted. I personally feel the same way as type2. Not everyone agrees with him. I personally wouldn't use it in a bulk..

I've read the study quoted. I personally feel the same way as type2. Not everyone agrees with him. I personally wouldn't use it in a bulk..

I get that, but there's nothing in that post that's at odds with what I said. The studies quotes are using crazy high doses, anywhere from 75mcg to 150mcg/day. That far, far outstrips any dose that would optimize thyroid function at or near reference ranges.

It's a bit of a stretch to take that information, conclude that T3 is inherently catabolic, and therefore can't have utility at any dose in a bulk.

You're making blanket statements like "I wouldn't use it in a bulk" with zero context of where a person's thyroid is functioning. Again, you're looking at it like a fat loss drug rather than a thyroid drug. If someone's thyroid isn't functioning, certainly you wouldn't tell them not to take T3 because it's "catabolic", would you?

What's the difference between that and using a small dose of thyroid medication to optimize a sluggish or underperforming thyroid?

At 150mcg it’s definitely gonna be catabolic. But 12.5-50mcg is just fine to use in a bulk or cut. Most folks here aren’t training naturally here either. With a gram or more of AAS coursing through your bloodstream you’ll be just fine.

Cage

I get that, but there's nothing in that post that's at odds with what I said. The studies quotes are using crazy high doses, anywhere from 75mcg to 150mcg/day. That far, far outstrips any dose that would optimize thyroid function at or near reference ranges.

It's a bit of a stretch to take that information, conclude that T3 is inherently catabolic, and therefore can't have utility at any dose in a bulk.

You're making blanket statements like "I wouldn't use it in a bulk" with zero context of where a person's thyroid is functioning. Again, you're looking at it like a fat loss drug rather than a thyroid drug. If someone's thyroid isn't functioning, certainly you wouldn't tell them not to take T3 because it's "catabolic", would you?

What's the difference between that and using a small dose of thyroid medication to optimize a sluggish or underperforming thyroid?
OP didn't say anything about having a sluggish thyroid, that's why I responded the way I did. If someone's thyroid levels are naturally down, that's different.

imo u dont wanna use thyroid unless u have to.
i never used it. well, not successfully lol. ran it once at way too high dose lost bunch muscle.
never touched it again.

I honestly think the catabolism thing is bullshit. Even more so on gear. I’ve used t3 in many preps 50mcg+ no issues.

Do you like to up protein intake on t3?

OP didn't say anything about having a sluggish thyroid, that's why I responded the way I did. If someone's thyroid levels are naturally down, that's different.
My thyroid is middle of ref range without it. I wasn’t planning on any crazy dosages, as said in my post.

Those studies aren’t done on people on gear eating in a surplus, large amounts of protein and training hard.
Keep it at like @cage99 said 12.5-50mcg. I like it right in the middle at 25mcg.
Experiment and see how you like it.

Those studies aren’t done on people on gear eating in a surplus, large amounts of protein and training hard.
Keep it at like @cage99 said 12.5-50mcg. I like it right in the middle at 25mcg.
Experiment and see how you like it.
Will do. I’ve read it had a bit of a recomp effect. Excited to try it out.

Sorry, that's not what happened. You made the blanket statement that T3 is catabolic without any qualifiers, and then pointed to studies that don't actually prove that to be true.
Will do. I’ve read it had a bit of a recomp effect. Excited to try it out.
You're also looking at this the wrong way. T3 needs to be viewed as a thyroid medication, not a "fat loss drug". Optimizing your thyroid as needed is beneficial in nearly all scenarios.

Arbitrarily stacking T3 and/or T4 at random doses irrespective of thyroid function or where those doses put you gets people in trouble just as often as it helps.

To optimize your thyroid you need to do blood tests, FT3 FT4 TSH.
T3 T4 bla bla bla has no sense without bloods on hand.

I stopped 25mg T3 100 T4, more than 1 year ago and now i feel stronger, i am not always flat as a pancake.
My FT3 and FT4 levels were to the max of reference range and basically i was hyperthyroid.

So in the end, once you have your levels in the middle or a bit above the reference range you will be fine.
There's no need to pump it to the roof.

What i think is that the OP wants to stay lean and grow, if you want that just pump in more HGH 10+iu.

In the off-season, add T3 ONLY if needed to optimize blood levels. By "optimize", I mean the mid-high normal reference range. Adding extra T3 just for the hell of it is, in my opinion, typically an unwise decision. In most cases it just leads to diminished muscle gains.

T4 is a bit different, as it will not convert to T3 unnecessarily and provides some minor muscle building benefits. 100 mcg, max.

Sorry, that's not what happened. You made the blanket statement that T3 is catabolic without any qualifiers, and then pointed to studies that don't actually prove that to be true.

You're also looking at this the wrong way. T3 needs to be viewed as a thyroid medication, not a "fat loss drug". Optimizing your thyroid as needed is beneficial in nearly all scenarios.

Arbitrarily stacking T3 and/or T4 at random doses irrespective of thyroid function or where those doses put you gets people in trouble just as often as it helps.
The doses I’m using aren’t arbitrary. And I’m not viewing it as a fat loss drug. Not sure where you’re getting this from.

In the off-season, add T3 ONLY if needed to optimize blood levels. By "optimize", I mean the mid-high normal reference range. Adding extra T3 just for the hell of it is, in my opinion, typically an unwise decision. In most cases it just leads to diminished muscle gains.

T4 is a bit different, as it will not convert to T3 unnecessarily and provides some minor muscle building benefits. 100 mcg, max.
Mike has written all about it - nothing else needs to be added here

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner