over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

T3 side affect real or just hype?

The Wolf

Kilo Klub Member
They say after a while of abusing t3 you will need to take for life because it shuts down your tyhroid but I have never know or heard it happen to anyone I know. I know somebody that takes it for 4 months and this guy is "crazy shredded". Hes been doing it for years and his thyroid always returns to normal after a short time.

So the question is, has this so called side affect happened to you or anybody you know?

Thank you

The Wolf said:
They say after a while of abusing t3 you will need to take for life because it shuts down your tyhroid but I have never know or heard it happen to anyone I know. I know somebody that takes it for 4 months and this guy is "crazy shredded". Hes been doing it for years and his thyroid always returns to normal after a short time.

So the question is, has this so called side affect happened to you or anybody you know?

Thank you
There is some research that proves beyond any doubt that it is hype. The thyroid returns to normal unless you are already in the process of going hypothyroidic, in which case you will need to medicate anyways.

Also, I entertain a MAJOR doubt as to the alleged extreme catabolic effect of T3. I have been using T4 at 300mcg ED for the last 3 months. I have low testosterone levels but not yet having HRT. I have not lost any muscle although I am not as strong as I would normally be. I believe this effect of reduced strength to be transient. I also feel that the alleged muscle-catabolic effect of T3 only comes from the guys who have no idea what they look like when shredded, they're all surprised when they get there that they aren't any bigger, and blame the T3.

My last run, i didnt notice a few week lag in metobolism, just wasnt stay as leaned as I liked on normal maintence calories. But it does come back.

According to author Rea the opposite happens, after stopping t3 your metabolism will be slower than it was before for a short while and after that actually be faster than it was before you ever used it

Thanks guys for your imput, Ive tried T4 in the past but didnt get ripped as I hoped, I hardly lost anything. I know T3 is a lot more affective and I am planning on using it through out my cycle. Im doing a 3 month long cycle, the first 6 weeks I will be bulking and the 6 weeks after I will be using less water retaining drugs and I was thinking of using the T3 in my last 6 weeks but now Im thinking "should I just use it all the way through?".

The Wolf said:
Thanks guys for your imput, Ive tried T4 in the past but didnt get ripped as I hoped, I hardly lost anything. I know T3 is a lot more affective and I am planning on using it through out my cycle. Im doing a 3 month long cycle, the first 6 weeks I will be bulking and the 6 weeks after I will be using less water retaining drugs and I was thinking of using the T3 in my last 6 weeks but now Im thinking "should I just use it all the way through?".
I think so. Run a low dose of 35-50mcg ED through the bulking part - it should help gain muscle at that dose - and then increase if you feel the need for the cutting part.

What it did to me.

I was recently diognosed as Hypothyroid. My doc put me on T4 at only 50 mcg per day. Well the first two weeks were not pleasant I felt jittry and just plain weird. Then I started losing weight even though it made me very hungry and I was eating everything in sight my metabolism was thru the roof. I started at 239 lbs and now I am holding at 221 and eating and training hard. I did start losing muscle and I dont care what anyone else states! I complained to my doctor and he agreed and placed me on Test therapy, now my weight is starting to climb back up but very slowly. I was put on T4 on Sept-22-2006, and test on Oct-15-2006.

Were you diagnosed with Hypothyroid beacuse you have abused Thyroid medications or was it something that was going to happen anyway?

No, I had never used T3 or T4.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting