over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

t3 usage

I have been on t4 for 3 years. Every time I get checked they up the dose. I was at 225 mcgs a day. Got tired of chasing my tail so I ordered some t3. Went straight to 50. Had bloods done and free t3 came back at 2.4.

If I up it to lose a little weight will 50 still have the same effect when I bring it back down?

I have been on t4 for 3 years. Every time I get checked they up the dose. I was at 225 mcgs a day. Got tired of chasing my tail so I ordered some t3. Went straight to 50. Had bloods done and free t3 came back at 2.4.

If I up it to lose a little weight will 50 still have the same effect when I bring it back down?

You'd really need to get blood work done, but if you need exogenous thyroid hormones to maintain normal circulating thyroid levels, then increasing it and then going back to your therapeutic dose should not make a difference. The exogenous thyroid hormones you are using to maintain your normal levels are what create the normal level and as long as you are on the therapeutic dose that maintains that level it should still be effective.

Thank you! I will do blood work for sure. Just wanted another person's opinion.

I've actually spent the past several hours since this discussion started looking for reasons to determine why tapering down may or just coming off may be better.

At least in patients that have had to have thyroid suppression therapy (for medical reasons) and then ceased the therapy, thyroid function returned to normal in several weeks.

My past assumptions that simply tapering down may be best don't seem to hold weight in those cases.

I'm willing to admit when I may be wrong and I think that just stopping, as you say, may be the best option as in both cases, whether tapering down or not, cause thyroid suppression and would likely take similar times to recover.

Appreciate you stimulating my need to research...

Huge respect.

Personally, I see no need to taper off. Unless you were taking 100+ mcgs.

The only time I would suggest tapering off is to see how well your TSH is responding to the reduction of liothyronine (T3). This incidentally would require repeated thyroid function tests over a period of weeks/months. This can give an indication that there is a possibility of inactivity of type 1' and 2' deiodinase intra-pituitary T3 levels, which often does not correlate or provide an accurate indicator of T3 levels in the rest of the body. More so, TSH response too liothyronine.  In which, could indicate pituitary failure or possibly nutritional deficiencies, if there is discrepancy in a non-responsive TSH reading.

Im perscribed 40mcg. I take 50 to put me in the upper normal range. Sometimes I bump it to 75...going back down to 50 is easy and just as predictable.

My thyroid was fucked naturally so take whatever I say with a grain of salt...
I take 75mcg of T4 daily for hypothyroidism.
Sometimes when bulking I will run 25mcg a day for like 10-12 weeks. Helps keep fat off a little bit and helps my hunger.

When Dieting I go to 50mcg and run that for a couple days, then go to 75 for a couple days and then end at 100 and I run it pretty much as long as I have T3... 100mcg can be a bit much sometimes though... The hunger can get real intense cause your metabolism is just humming, especially with clen onboard too.

wow,you guys are great.thank you so much for your input an real life experinces. with t3.does it matter when you take it ?morn pre workout or bedtime.?ALSO LIKE I STATED IM RUNNING CLEN AND TAKING IT LIKE 1 HOUR BEFORE I WORKOUT.should I tapper that up an down also.thanks again :headbang:

wow,you guys are great.thank you so much for your input an real life experinces. with t3.does it matter when you take it ?morn pre workout or bedtime.?ALSO LIKE I STATED IM RUNNING CLEN AND TAKING IT LIKE 1 HOUR BEFORE I WORKOUT.should I tapper that up an down also.thanks again :headbang:

You don't have to split it but people rxd t3 and Armour (t3/t4 mix) tend to support a more even feeling by doing an empty stomach AM does followed by the other half mid afternoon. This is the majority view on a lot of the thyroid support forums and stuff, especially Armour thyroid users.

Also remember taking your t3 with calcium (yogurt, milk, etc) can significantly inhibit uptake. Avoid calcium around your t3 dosage.

In the medical field, it is suggested to dose T3 several times per day because after the initial dose, T3 levels jump and then tend to fall off rapidly. It would be a good idea to dose your T3 about 3 times per dday for that reason. Reference: Thyroid Hormone Treatment | Best Practices

As far as clen, you would just want to taper it up due to the side effects. If you start off with too much too soon you'll be shaking like a leaf and jittery as hell. it is best to build it up unless you know a certain dose works well for you. The only reason one would taper clen is so that it is easier to adjust to going without it in terms of energy levels. Stopping abruptly might make some just crash and feel like hell until their body gets used to functioning without it. it just depends on your preference.

To expand on a few other supplements and meds to avoid using around the same time as liothyronine (T3) is: Magnesium, iron and L-Carntine (inhibiting effect on liothyronine).  L-carnitine inhibits both T3 and T4 entry into the cell nuclei. If by chance one experiences hyperthyroidism type of symptoms, I'd suggest taking 1000mg of L-Carntine in 5-6 hours intervals. Considering the half-life's of T3 and l-carntine are relatively the same, IIRC.

A few meds would be Metformin and insulin. With higher doses of thyroid hormone may cause hyperglycemia, acts as an antagonistic effect.

Coffee also has a inhibiting effect on T4 (reduction of up-take) there seems to be no inhibitory effect on T3.

You don't have to split it but people rxd t3 and Armour (t3/t4 mix) tend to support a more even feeling by doing an empty stomach AM does followed by the other half mid afternoon. This is the majority view on a lot of the thyroid support forums and stuff, especially Armour thyroid users.

Also remember taking your t3 with calcium (yogurt, milk, etc) can significantly inhibit uptake. Avoid calcium around your t3 dosage.

Last edited:
Currently running .50mcg 2x daily and loving it.

I'm taking a T3/T4 combo 25/100 and have dropped 30lbs without even trying. I didn't think I had that much to lose but I guess I did. Appearances can be deceiving. I'm thinking about doubling the dosage and seeing where I can take this. I thought I carried 260 pretty well but man the joints were killing me and my cardio suffered. All of my friends kept telling me, "Dude, the bulked up look is so 1980's." To each their own, it definitely doesn't attract the ladies. I got more looks from dudes than women. :( Hopefully, with the lean look, the pendulum swings the other way.

I'm taking a T3/T4 combo 25/100 and have dropped 30lbs without even trying. I didn't think I had that much to lose but I guess I did. Appearances can be deceiving. I'm thinking about doubling the dosage and seeing where I can take this. I thought I carried 260 pretty well but man the joints were killing me and my cardio suffered. All of my friends kept telling me, "Dude, the bulked up look is so 1980's." To each their own, it definitely doesn't attract the ladies. I got more looks from dudes than women. :( Hopefully, with the lean look, the pendulum swings the other way.

Do you perceive any muscle loss? That's a lot of weight! I always feel like I lose muscle on t3.

I do perceive muscle loss. Mainly in my extremities. Not happy about that facet.

Isnt that broscience ? Ive only EVER seen studies on T4 that showed this... Not a single scientific study on calcium inhibiting exogenous T3 from what I've seen... Taking T3 with food, calcium, iron, whatever should be perfectly fine.
Not sure, but thats what I've read.

In the medical field, it is suggested to dose T3 several times per day because after the initial dose, T3 levels jump and then tend to fall off rapidly. It would be a good idea to dose your T3 about 3 times per dday for that reason. Reference: Thyroid Hormone Treatment | Best Practices

I think the reasoning behind that was that T3 levels PEAK within 3-4 hours (everything you take is absorbed), but the half life is still long (like 24 hours or something).
So if you take 100mcg a day AT ONCE you have pretty much +100mcg T3 hitting you at once (plus the accumulated dosage), which could cause extreme sweating or even health/heart problems...
So if you take 33mcg 3 times a day you only have 33mcg hitting you at once (plus the accumulated dosage). In the end it comes out to the same amount but your peaks and therefore side effects will be way lower.

I know when I take 50mcg or so T3 at once and I'm on a daily dosage of lets say 100mcg (so 50mcg 2x a day) then I start sweating profusely after an hour or so.
If I split the dosage up further it does not seem to hit as hard and is more tolerable.

Isnt that broscience ? Ive only EVER seen studies on T4 that showed this... Not a single scientific study on calcium inhibiting exogenous T3 from what I've seen... Taking T3 with food, calcium, iron, whatever should be perfectly fine.
Not sure, but thats what I've read.

I have not done a ton of reading on T3/calcium interaction specifically but know that doctors who prescribe a T3/T4 tablet like Armour thyroid recommend to avoid taking with calcium. This is also reinforced on Armour thyroid user help forums.

See: #5 18 Mistakes Patients Make (or their Doctors make for them!) | Stop The Thyroid Madness

Now, this may all be in regard to the T4 and not the T3 itself. I am not 100% certain to be honest. I have just heard and read when it comes to Armour and/or T3 to avoid calcium directly at the same dosage time. They are also huge proponents multi-dosing versus all at once.

See this as well: **broken link removed**

However, this lends credibility to it affecting T3 alone as well.

Cytomel Tablets: Indications, Side Effects, Warnings - Drugs.com
Take Cytomel at least 4 hours apart from calcium salts (eg, calcium carbonate), cholestyramine, or sucralfate.

Last edited:
However, this lends credibility to it affecting T3 alone as well.

Cytomel Tablets: Indications, Side Effects, Warnings - Drugs.com

this refers to calcium SALTS though. should not be a problem taking t3 with a meal containing dairy/calcium.

by the way, take a look at the ingredients of cytomel.
"Inactive ingredients consist of calcium sulfate, gelatin, starch, stearic acid, sucrose and talc."

Calcium is actually used as filler for the tablets. i strongly doubt that if calcium hindered the absorption of T3 they would put the T3 into a calcium tablet :D :cool:

this refers to calcium SALTS though. should not be a problem taking t3 with a meal containing dairy/calcium.

by the way, take a look at the ingredients of cytomel.
"Inactive ingredients consist of calcium sulfate, gelatin, starch, stearic acid, sucrose and talc."

Calcium is actually used as filler for the tablets. i strongly doubt that if calcium hindered the absorption of T3 they would put the T3 into a calcium tablet :D :cool:

I agree, so the conclusion is this applies as to t4 only? The recommendation per Armour certainly exists in the real world.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131