over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Take a look at my friend please...

RSR34

Registered
The picture is of a good friend of mine that I workout with. If you have ever been to Daytona Beach, he is the owner of a very popular strip club called LolliPops. I am trying to convince him to enter the Novice class at a local show in August. He has never even thought about competing or even getting ripped. He is 44, 5'11" and currently weighs 312. His arms measure a bit over 20" and calves are about 19". He has surprisingly good structure, but it has been hidden as he weighed over 425lbs two years ago with a size 50 pant. He is blessed to still have tight skin and no real stretch marks, either. He is pretty strong, benching about 500. Anyway, do you think given that we have 6 plus months that he could walk on stage in reasonable shape. His bone structure is large, but his joints are rather small, giving him a nice shape considering that he is still really heavy. Any thoughts...??? Thank You.

Attachments

• Sean312.jpg
    Sean312.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 1,568
6 months would really be pushing it.. he needs more like a year to be in contest shape.. and even then he might have some loose skin, etc.

i mean no disrespect by this, but he reminds me of a bullfrog, picture it

LOL...

Remember, I'm just talking about a local novice class. Hey, from the sloppy 425 to this is a huge improvement already. He owns a strip club, so he gets chicks even if he's not cut. LOL

6 months????.....reasonable???.....yes

but why get on stage at JUST reasonable???

i dont like throwing numbers out there
(as they dont mean much), but....
he needs to drop 100 pounds to be in shape

i think at least a year OR MORE he needs to be ready
to walk on stage

:(

Tenny is so right. Why put up that much effort and time just to be reasonable? You work that hard you want to be your best not mediocre.

I agree with Tenny but no point going into contest because he has too many tatts!

He is a big boy! And very tatted... He's an awesome individual and he is in mid 40's. As for strength, he's had a shoulder injury that limits him. He benched 600 plus back in the 80's. Regardless, I'm giving him props because he is trying very hard and has finally embraced dieting. He was 425plus at 55% bf. Now he can do an hour of cardio no problem and is down 120 lbs or so. Really, he's tatted, but his skin is in great shape on stomach. No stretch marks. Im amazed he has no hanging skin at all. We used a Tanita scale and it said hehas 243lbs of lean mass. I know it's not real accurate, but he has a good base. Thanks for the input. I respect your opinions.

He a big lad though . . . but not very strong for his bodyweight.

Just my opinions.

LOl I would have to disagree. Not many people have a legit 500lbs plus bench at any bodyweight. Ha on the internet yes 500lbs ain't shit but in the real world I think its impressive.

I've seen Will Harris in worse shape and he did it in six months, so it's possible. Yes Will Harris is a genetic freak at puttin on size, but is no way a genetic freak when it comes down to dieting.

tell him to do it!
and tell him everyone here says he can easily do it...

this will give him motivation to get down to very low body fat, and he won't realize that he needs a little more time until it's contest time... then he'll get extremely motivated to stay in shape and win the contest next year...

DON'T TELL HIM HE DOESN'T HAVE TIME!!!!

the dude looks big and powerful, and i can see some mean ass triceps and forearms there even with the very high bodyfat... his arms will be a standout bodypart when he's lean...

Man...

the thing about guys who used to be fatasses is that, until they lose the fat, it's hard to tell if they would have a good structure for bodybuilding

a training partner of mine used to be 5 11 and nearly 300 pounds. he has slimmed down considerably; but unfortunately does not have bodybuilder muscle insertions, tons of loose skin, huge bones, etc...

but definitely motivate him to thin up, if only for health :D

...if he ends up having a solid and symmetrical physique, then that's great too

Hmm. I am gonna be honest here, although he doesn't have loose skin now there is a good chance he will when he does diet down to show condition. I know this was the case for me and to be honest it was very demotivating. Most big guys have a perception of having more muscle mass then they really do and combine that with cutting and the good possibility of loose skin, dropping that kind of weight could really mess with his body image. I think it would be best for him to go on a slow cut, maybe like 2 pounds a week and try to maintain as much mass as he can and let his skin gradually adjust..

Big boy....but personally I would be scared shitless to weigh 312 to 425 at 42-44 years old at 5'11"....and he should be to.

He might live for another decade and then again like Don Youngblood and many others in the iron game he might not.

There has to come a time post 40 years of age where you put down the ego and become a cardio fit lean athlete (and you can do that with some muscle mass on you but the word LEAN is key)....or you will be visiting the reaper much sooner than you wanted to. Ever see a healthy robust 60 and 70 year old that was obese? No? There is a reason for that.

Get him to do the show and never allow himself to go back up over 300 again for longevity reasons.

There has to come a time post 40 years of age where you put down the ego and become a cardio fit lean athlete (and you can do that with some muscle mass on you but the word LEAN is key)....or you will be visiting the reaper much sooner than you wanted to. Ever see a healthy robust 60 and 70 year old that was obese? No? There is a reason for that.

Get him to do the show and never allow himself to go back up over 300 again for longevity reasons.

:yeahthat: Excellent point, however us old boys have a hard time letting it go. Much easier said than done. I say give it 6 months and re-asses.

Good luck.

damn...cant remember this guys name. been to his club, met him, had a drink w him. friend of a friend. u may know her.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Elisaac062224
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131