advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Take Cipro= ruined life. FQ reminder thread.

This is EXACTLY the truth. It all starts with incompetent ER doctors. I am an ICU doctor and every patient admitted to the hospital seems to gets an antibiotic for some "infection".

Once these ER doctors get the ball rolling with an "infection" diagnosis the antibiotics are usually kept on to complete their 7 day course. 75% of the time I stop the antibiotics once they come into the ICU but the other doctors following the patient think I am crazy and put them right back on. It is sad.

You would be surprised how many patients are admitted to the ICU for "pneumonia" or "sepsis" and only stay overnight in the ICU than go to the regular nursing floor because they are not sick.

ER doctors only do 3 years of residency/training and never step foot into an ICU or operating room. They are extremely incompetent. Do not trust them. I have seen many of them literally kill patients in the ER.

I totally disagree , there's a lot of good ER doctors ; however like any field, there's the bad and the good . Remember that ER doc that stabilize your patient before he gets to you and you then continue the care. Furthermore , hospitalists do the same exact thing, I agree that antibiotics are over used but I doubt this will ever change, docs want to cover their asses. I've seen COPD patients come with SOB and was put on prophylactic antibiotics when labs and CXR were normal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I totally disagree , there's a lot of good ER doctors ; however like any field, there's the bad and the good . Remember that ER doc that stabilize your patient before he gets to you and you then continue the care. Furthermore , hospitalists do the same exact thing, I agree that antibiotics are over used but I doubt this will ever change, docs want to cover their asses. I've seen COPD patients come with SOB and was put on prophylactic antibiotics when labs and CXR were normal.

I agree with you regarding god and bad doctors in any field. I also agree with you regarding the typical COPD exacerbation with normal CXR/labs and unnecessarily starting antibiotics.

However, the typical ER philosophy is not to treat/stabilize the patient, rather triage the patient to the ICU or RNF. Most ER's take this stance and it is sad. Everyone that comes into the ER gets 1-2 liters of IVF. To me this is not stabilization. And don't even get me started on the incompetent ER nurses. :banghead:

the wife was on LVQ and CIPRO and after 10 days almost couldn't walk because of her legs hurting so bad. we both had all of our doctors list them on our charts not to use. along with sulfa meds.

Maybe thats why I have bunch of issues with connective tissue, herniated disc, meniscus tears, elbow ligament issues and issues with my muscles especially in my legs that doctors saying are mitochondria. Im always tearing spinal disc and cartilage in my joints. I was on lot antibiotics over the years. Could be other meds though NOT SURE. BUT Im talking I was on antibiotics for 4 months straight! NOT FEW WEEKS!

I think my muscle issue damage was more cause from predisone though!

Last edited:
Maybe thats why I have bunch of issues with connective tissue, herniated disc, meniscus tears, elbow ligament issues and issues with my muscles especially in my legs that doctors saying are mitochondria. Im always tearing spinal disc and cartilage in my joints. I was on lot antibiotics over the years. Could be other meds though NOT SURE. BUT Im talking I was on antibiotics for 4 months straight! NOT FEW WEEKS!

I think my muscle issue damage was more cause from predisone though!

Sorry for your pain man!

Steroids are KNOWN to make FQ's worse.

"Increasing age and concomitant systemic corticosteroid use appear to signifi-cantly increase the risk of adverse events. The purpose of this article is to review the
musculoskeletal complications associated with use of fluoroquinolone antibiotics by adults"

**broken link removed**

Pregnisone jacked me up even after taking Cipro.

I had around 500 strains over the last 5 years, I was an athlete and had an MMA hobby a while back, now I use an electric bed and can't walk up steps.

The best thing that helped me was a fat based stem cell operation at Stem Genex in LA.

They did IM injections and IV injection of the stem cells and it REALLY made a difference. But it does cost $15,000

The whole reason I came to this forum was to seek out ways to rebuild my messed up tendons.

Peg MGF helped my tendons (Sub Q) until I got headaches from it.

boosting GH, NO, and supping with the regular MSM, cluc, chond, seems to be major steps.

Apart from thatn digestive enzymes and and bromelien(sp) have been said to heal DNA and persistent DNA damage/adducts(such as fro Cipro).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly this, there are good and bad. The ER is an uncontrolled environment, no clue what's coming in when....docs have to be ready to stabilize/treat anything at any time. ICU is a controlled environment, big difference

I agree with you regarding god and bad doctors in any field. I also agree with you regarding the typical COPD exacerbation with normal CXR/labs and unnecessarily starting antibiotics.

However, the typical ER philosophy is not to treat/stabilize the patient, rather triage the patient to the ICU or RNF. Most ER's take this stance and it is sad. Everyone that comes into the ER gets 1-2 liters of IVF. To me this is not stabilization. And don't even get me started on the incompetent ER nurses. :banghead:

I don't know what ER's you've worked in....have you ever worked in an ER?

after a battle with cancer chemo ruined my immune system for a while. i was getting these urinary tract infections.

cipro was a good option for me because the UTIs were so bad I'd end up nearly septic within a day. pissing blood. not just dark urine but literally id urinate blood it was scary and really fucking painful.

never had any issues with cipro thankfully.

These drugs can have catastrophic side effects. And unfortunately the OP is one of the victims. Penicillin reactions can kill people. People can die from antibiotic induced diarrhea. But many things in life that help millions can destroy the few.
Sometimes you are tragically unlucky.

And we are now paying the price for the years of extreme antibiotic over utilization with deadly, drug resistant bacteria that kills 10s of thousands of people each year.

I made real nice bonus money thanks to "prophylactic" antibiotic prescribing. Let alone the millions of viruses treated with antimicrobial. It's a mess.

Last edited:
I had a Dr. prescribe that for me once, I had a fever return. I've often wondered if that's why my joints ache and I am fighting it all the time. It started right after taking that stuff and I hyper extended one elbow. Now stuff various joints unless I really watch it.

I went to tendinosis.org to discover it wasn't osteoporosis or tendonitis. Hot tip if you have chronic sore joints.

Wow this info blows my mind, makes me think twice about my kids and antibiotics

So um.

What antibiotics are "safer"
I was given cipro post surgery but felt nothing negative.
But I'd rather not take something that will destroy me.
Especially us that use injectables. Higher risk for infections

So um.

What antibiotics are "safer"
I was given cipro post surgery but felt nothing negative.
But I'd rather not take something that will destroy me.
Especially us that use injectables. Higher risk for infections

Bad
Fluoroquinolones are available only with a physician's prescription and are sold in tablet and injectable forms. Examples of these medicines are moxifloxacin (Avelox), ciprofloxacin (Cipro), ofloxacin (Floxin), levofloxacin (Levaquin), lomefloxacin (Maxaquin), norfloxacin (Noroxin), enoxacin (Penetrex), gatifloxacin (Tequin), and sparfloxacin (Zagam).

PM has 110,347
there are I think three people atleast on this thread that have had strains after taking it.

about 1/80,000
is the guess of how many people will get BAD damage, tendon rapture, ligament tear, etc from FQ's.

The rest of the people will process the fq's out with minimal, or no connective tissue damage.

Other anti-biotics run risk of interrupting proper gut function.
Natural thinks like pine oil, lactorferrin, even the amino acid methionine can help clear out UTI by making the urine's PH too acidic.

Many have even linked gulf war syndrome to Cipro use

**broken link removed**

Wow. I had a week of Levaquin for a respiratory infection last year. I thought it might be overkill but was like what ever. I didn't know about ANY of this. I tore my left ACL 2 months after taking levaquin too...

I know someone who took levaquin for respitory problems aswell and they have had carpel tunnel problems real bad in their hands and the tendons in there thumbs are so messed up they cant straighten them out .. that person also KNEW it was the levaquin right off the bat and went straight to the doc complaining and was compensated free doctors visits and etc.

how long after use are these effects seen/sustained?

havent used antibiotics or cipro in years but also was extreme athlete and have had more than my share if tendon, lig, cartilage injuries

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear