YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Take Cipro= ruined life. FQ reminder thread.

Floxedone

Registered
This is just a quick thread to warn members against taking Cipro or Levaquin and other fluoroquinolone antibiotics.

I took ten days of pills 5 years ago, have had 500 muscles strains, stem cell operations, and am still sick and disabled.

In a certain percent of people, like me, this stuff will literally melt your connective tissue away.

You are warned, warn others, UTI for women is a common reason THEY give people this POISON.

Ultrastructure of Achilles Tendons of Rats Treated with Ofloxacin and Fed a Normal or Magnesium-Deficient Diet

Sorry to hear all your ordeals brother.
The whole medical business that we have going on in this country is careless and irresponsible, especially when it comes to antibiotics.
They give out antibiotics like candy without thinking of future repercussions.
There are so many super viruses resistant to common antibiotics due to the abuse of prescriptions that many people simply do not react to treatment anymore.
Besides the fact that they kill all good bacteria in intestinal tracts , cause liver and kidney problems if you are prone to that and much more maladies.
This one is a new one to me , what a terrible side effect.
Thanks much for the warning. God bless you. Minister.

Ouch thats horrible, thank you for helping to inform myself and others. Wishing you the best, now and in the future.

Damm Ive taken it many times before, going to have to be careful and monitor from now on

My mom had and still has problems with her tendons in her thumbs from levaquin the sides and problems are forreal almost a lawsuit involved and everything

Sent from my SPH-D600 using Tapatalk 2

Ditto to this warning.

A few years back my doc prescribe Cipro because he was too lazy to diagnose a fungal infection. Powerful antibiotic + existing fungal infection = fungal paradise.

In addition, the Cipro caused an outbreak of whole-body eczema when I had never had eczema at all. To this day I still deal with the eczema.

On top of that, my knees and hips went to hell and I would suffer repeated shoulder strains. Flat benching was done for good, and squats had to take a 2-year hiatus.

Be very careful and only let your doc prescribe this stuff as a last resort.

Glad a few people know now!

Taking Digestive enzymes on an empty stomach can help repair the DNA damage the FQ's do.

Coq10, oral NADH, mitocarnitine, iodine, uridine can help restore damage from FQ's.

I work in a hospital and it is pretty crazy how a lot of the ER docs prescribe Cipro and/or Levaquin for any bacteria infection that comes through. They usually do it because it is a broad spectrum antibiotic, but it has more side effects than other antibiotics do.

When someone in the hospital gets Cipro thru an IV drip, the nurses and doctors are instructed to watch the patient for any muscle soreness or cramps due to reasons the OP said.

Cipro is unmatched for treating UTI's however. It is by far the best antibiotic for it.

Cipro is unmatched for treating UTI's however. It is by far the best antibiotic for it.

That isn't entirely accurate.

Levaquin and Cipro are virtually identical in studies and empirical data with regard to treating gram negative infections.

However, when it comes to gram positive UTI's (the % of which are higher in specific pockets of the population, men with BPH, for example), Levafloxicin is far superior to Cipro. This is why Cipro and Avalox were marketed to hospitals as a package. Cipro is great for gram-, Avalox was great for gram+ (typically respiratory).

That said, quinolines as a whole are superior in treating UTIs.

Honestly, lvq is a very powerful drug that really should have been reserved for severe inpatient infections... But overprescribing it is rampant.

My personal experience: I was rx'd LVQ for a pretty bad cold... 3 weeks later I suffered a quad tear squatting 60% of my max at the time. 2 weeks following that had a major knee injury overhead pressing 70% max (ACL, MCL and meniscus decided to dismantle).

I recommend avoiding that class of antibiotics if you're an athlete. This has been my philosophy... And what I teach everyone... There are other Abx that can handle the same infections... Save LVQ for the inpatient setting... Even then, use sparingly..

the overuse of Avelox is fast approaching and surpassing LVQ.... Avelox honestly has strong enough gram - that it essentially is a respiratory nuke.

Edit: lots of geographical differences in effectiveness based on local prescription preferences...

Last edited:
I sold Floxin as a Hospital Sales Rep and was on the inside marketing launch team for Levaquin (got a blow job on the hotel roof at the levaquin launch in Palm Springs) - while tendon injuries can occur with floraquinoloes, they are extremely rare. Many commonly used drugs have more frequent and severe side effect profiles.

500 muscles strains, stem cell treatments, disabled. Ok, sure. I hope your lawsuit went well. But you use UG Gear because it's safe huh?

These drugs have been prescribed many many many millions of times.

Ps: 10 days of 5 pills per day? Sure.

Last edited:
Glad a few people know now!

Taking Digestive enzymes on an empty stomach can help repair the DNA damage the FQ's do.

Coq10, oral NADH, mitocarnitine, iodine, uridine can help restore damage from FQ's.

Thanks Dr. BROSCIENTIST.

That isn't entirely accurate.

Levaquin and Cipro are virtually identical in studies and empirical data with regard to treating gram negative infections.

However, when it comes to gram positive UTI's (the % of which are higher in specific pockets of the population, men with BPH, for example), Levafloxicin is far superior to Cipro. This is why Cipro and Avalox were marketed to hospitals as a package. Cipro is great for gram-, Avalox was great for gram+ (typically respiratory).

That said, quinolines as a whole are superior in treating UTIs.

LEVAQUIN is a lousy choice for gram positives. Too.

I sold Floxin as a Hospital Sales Rep and was on the inside marketing launch team for Levaquin (got a blow job on the hotel roof at the levaquin launch in Palm Springs) - while tendon injuries can occur with floraquinoloes, they are extremely rare. Many commonly used drugs have more frequent and severe side effect profiles.

500 muscles strains, stem cell treatments, disabled. Ok, sure. I hope your lawsuit went well. But you use UG Gear because it's safe huh?

These drugs have been prescribed many many many millions of times.

Ps: 10 days of 5 pills per day? Sure.

Learn to read " took ten days of pills 5 years ago"

I had my stem cell op done at stemgenex Southern Cali.
Just Go to any Facebook group and find out just how many people are disabled and sick from FQ's.

I would appreciate it if you keep your negativity for the OTHER threads.

This is a WARNING thread, take it and take the risk, or try other options.

P.S. I do not run gear so what are you talking about?

I work in a hospital and it is pretty crazy how a lot of the ER docs prescribe Cipro and/or Levaquin for any bacteria infection that comes through.

This is EXACTLY the truth. It all starts with incompetent ER doctors. I am an ICU doctor and every patient admitted to the hospital seems to gets an antibiotic for some "infection".

Once these ER doctors get the ball rolling with an "infection" diagnosis the antibiotics are usually kept on to complete their 7 day course. 75% of the time I stop the antibiotics once they come into the ICU but the other doctors following the patient think I am crazy and put them right back on. It is sad.

You would be surprised how many patients are admitted to the ICU for "pneumonia" or "sepsis" and only stay overnight in the ICU than go to the regular nursing floor because they are not sick.

ER doctors only do 3 years of residency/training and never step foot into an ICU or operating room. They are extremely incompetent. Do not trust them. I have seen many of them literally kill patients in the ER.

cipro almost killed me 2 years ago. Took it for 5 days and have never been the same. Significant degradation of the tendons in my knees. I can stand for about 40 minutes , then I get intense pressure in the back of my knees. Doctors are still clueless on how to fix me but I manage. After I took the stuff I had tremendous neuropathy and couldnt feel my arms for about two weeks. What saved me from probably more damage and possible death, was my ability to water fast and cleans my body as much as possible. I did a 10 day water fast, no food water only, after the fast was over I did alot of green juicing. Cipro converts to fluriode in our bodys, for some people it wont affect them but for others it does.

You need to do a heavy metal detox, if you still have symptoms related to joint or tendon, the fluoride is probably still in you and you need to get it out. I used Kelp to chelate the fluoride out

hgh may help if you had any degradation of tendons.

Curcumin can help protect the Collogan type 1 in your body, I would take it daily , http://www.jbc.org/content/286/32/28556.full.pdf

Last edited:
I dont like when people say " " ruined my life. Not to get philosophical but I always was one to believe that god doesnt give us problems we cant handle. Hey bro if your hearts still beating theres always a chance to turn things around and find ways to get better no matter how bad the damage was

fyi while i have problems standing I actually built up enough strength to run well ( i know weird) , after this all went down my doctor told me I would never run again, Well I proved him wrong, Just ran 11 miles about a week ago and run competitively in the spring.

best of luck bro!

Last edited:
Honestly, lvq is a very powerful drug that really should have been reserved for severe inpatient infections... But overprescribing it is rampant.

My personal experience: I was rx'd LVQ for a pretty bad cold... 3 weeks later I suffered a quad tear squatting 60% of my max at the time. 2 weeks following that had a major knee injury overhead pressing 70% max (ACL, MCL and meniscus decided to dismantle).

I recommend avoiding that class of antibiotics if you're an athlete. This has been my philosophy... And what I teach everyone... There are other Abx that can handle the same infections... Save LVQ for the inpatient setting... Even then, use sparingly..

the overuse of Avelox is fast approaching and surpassing LVQ.... Avelox honestly has strong enough gram - that it essentially is a respiratory nuke.

Edit: lots of geographical differences in effectiveness based on local prescription preferences...
Is the bolded is indeed the case, then your physician is a fucking moron and you should find another doc.
Even the dumbest of the dumb know not to prescribe anything more intense than a weak-ass macrolide like Zithromax for pill seekers that don't have an actual bacterial infection.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear