over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Take your Vitamin D

dragonfire101

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
A few on the board have been saying this for a few years now.

: Med Hypotheses. 2009 Mar;72(3):314-21. Epub 2008 Dec 2.Click here to read Links
Vitamin D deficiency is the cause of common obesity.
Foss YJ.

Caterham on the Hill, Caterham, Surrey, UK.

Common obesity is associated with the metabolic syndrome and can be distinguished from secondary obesity and from rare forms of monogenic and polygenic obesity. The prevalence of common obesity has become a public health concern in many countries as phenomenological approaches to the understanding of obesity have failed to achieve any long term effect on prevention or treatment. There is evidence for a central control mechanism which maintains body-weight to a set-point by the regulation of energy intake and energy expenditure through homeostatic pathways. It is suggested in this paper that common obesity occurs when the set-point is raised and that accumulation of fat mass functions to increase body size. Larger body size confers a survival advantage in the cold ambient temperatures and food scarcity of the winter climate by reducing surface area to volume ratio and by providing an energy store in the form of fat mass. In addition, it is suggested that the phenotypic metabolic and physiological changes observed as the metabolic syndrome, including hypertension and insulin resistance, could result from a winter metabolism which increases thermogenic capacity. Common obesity and the metabolic syndrome may therefore result from an anomalous adaptive winter response. The stimulus for the winter response is proposed to be a fall in vitamin D. The synthesis of vitamin D is dependent upon the absorption of radiation in the ultraviolet-B range of sunlight. At ground level at mid-latitudes, UV-B radiation falls in the autumn and becomes negligible in winter. It has previously been proposed that vitamin D evolved in primitive organisms as a UV-B sensitive photoreceptor with the function of signaling changes in sunlight intensity. It is here proposed that a fall in vitamin D in the form of circulating calcidiol is the stimulus for the winter response, which consists of an accumulation of fat mass (obesity) and the induction of a winter metabolism (the metabolic syndrome). Vitamin D deficiency can account for the secular trends in the prevalence of obesity and for individual differences in its onset and severity. It may be possible to reverse the increasing prevalence of obesity by improving vitamin D status.

Thanks for the interesting read!

Information like that keeps me thinking and learning.

I have wanted to write a huge article on Vitamin D (as I have amassed som many articles and studies and real world results from reading about it for the past year) I just haven't the time right now but Vitamin D is the most important vitamin you could ever take. And YES you have to have supplemental D. You can't get enough daily especially in the winter and not from food. They have changed the upper limit to 2-4000 iu's from 400. I routinely take 8,000 iu's a day.
I mean really-what vitamin is so important that your body manufactures it and breaks down with it? Vitamin D. In addition to it's many roles-it is imperative for a strong immune system.

Dante turned me on to it (in our discussions on cardiac health) and it has literally changed my life. This website/blog ( **broken link removed** ) Dante linked me to has an incredible amount of information on it and a cardiologist that is a genius and savior-he doesn't believe in a of traditional treatments to use dangerous drugs to treat and prevent cardiovascular disease. Just navigate down to the topics on the left and enjoy and educate yourself on every thing from Omega 3's to statins to stents.

The fog was lifted that came around during the winter months I just associated it with the time change and loss of light but I was severely lacking in it.

Of course some people will not experience miraculous results with it, based on age and defeciency but for an aging male like me nearing his 40's it was a godsend.

Vitamin D is actually a pro hormone for those that don't know and involved in so many metabolic pathways with the body it's incredible.

http://www.vitamindcouncil.org/

You should take the oil based vitamin D3 capsules and not the tablets.
( **broken link removed** )

I take the Carlson's Brand 2000 iu's per gel cap.

Last edited:
I have wanted to write a huge article on Vitamin D (as I have amassed som many articles and studies and real world results from reading about it for the past year) I just haven't the time right now but Vitamin D is the most important vitamin you could ever take. And YES you have to have supplemental D. You can't get enough daily especially in the winter and not from food. They have changed the upper limit to 2-4000 iu's from 400. I routinely take 8,000 iu's a day.
I mean really-what vitamin is so important that your body manufactures it and breaks down with it? Vitamin D. In addition to it's many roles-it is imperative for a strong immune system.

Dante turned me on to it (in our discussions on cardiac health) and it has literally changed my life. This website/blog ( **broken link removed** ) Dante linked me to has an incredible amount of information on it and a cardiologist that is a genius and savior-he doesn't believe in a of traditional treatments to use dangerous drugs to treat and prevent cardiovascular disease. Just navigate down to the topics on the left and enjoy and educate yourself on every thing from Omega 3's to statins to stents.

The fog was lifted that came around during the winter months I just associated it with the time change and loss of light but I was severely lacking in it.

Of course some people will not experience miraculous results with it, based on age and defeciency but for an aging male like me nearing his 40's it was a godsend.

Vitamin D is actually a pro hormone for those that don't know and involved in so many metabolic pathways with the body it's incredible.

http://www.vitamindcouncil.org/

You should take the oil based vitamin D3 capsules and not the tablets.
( **broken link removed** )

I take the Carlson's Brand 2000 iu's per gel cap.

Mt doc has me on 5,000iu capsules, 2 x day. So 10,000IU for me. I'm having trouble with my levels getting above 40 @ 5,000iu. Doc says levels should be at least at 80-90.

Mine are 7 :eek:
I take 10000ui per day for 2 weeks, I will get a blood test in a month or so.

how about just getting some sun on your skin....

Cod Liver Oil

You rally can't beat this stuff. :D:D

If one was to take their tablets with a couple fish oil caplets or with a meal containing healthy fats wouldn't they be absorbed on par with the gel-caps?

Carslons CoD Liver oil - lemon flavor is the best hands down taking it for some years now and its bloody great.

The problems with capsules is that the oil inside tends to go rancid rather fast.

5000 iu a day for me and my HDL, and 5000 iu a day for my wife with her MS.

I take the Carlson's brand too, the 2,000iu gelcaps. They are great. I definately seen an energy boost over the winter months due to lack of sunlight exposure. I've been taking 6,000iu per day (4,000 at night and 2,000 in the morning).

I started supplementing with it after all the research i've read the past few years on it....but mostly after seeing Dante's post last year from his cardiologist. I believe MG had a prior thread up as well.

It's cheap and a staple of my daily regime.

BMJ

My levels were 15.1 Strarted taking 4000-600 day and am getting rechecked in 6 weeks.

i love them cod liver oil caps we have small red micro caps in our country they are cheap as hell and smell awful :)))...a must use supplement...Alex

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws