over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Takes a muscle 8hours to recover 90%

Great thread. This is how a flame war should always be!

No, it's possible depending on how hard (or not hard) you train... But if this were true that means that you can train the same muscle every day... At one point in my early 20's I was doing the flat bench press every day... I did it for about two weeks straight, my chest did grow and my bench did go up quite a bit, but one morning I felt a little bit sore, I ignored it and benched anyway, I was up to over 405 on the flat bp for about three reps... I did 135, then 225, then 275, 315 and on the third rep, I felt and heard a huge tear sounded like a t-shirt ripping...

It was a massive pec tear, after a few hours it started to hurt like hell the next day it was black... I knew it was a bad idea to train chest every day, but I was living in Mexico at the time and was on gear for the first time in about two years... I had gained about 15lbs and felt great, I loved how I looked with a chest pump... But that was that, I never did anything that stupid again... Now I allow at least three days between body parts and that's if I'm not going heavy... Usually it's four to five days...

I alternate front and back squats. I do oly lifting just got into it a bit ago, so a lot of leg work like deads and squats. I throw in chest and very light back one day a week between oly lifts, do arms mon wed fri 2 sets for bi and tri just to work em.

Squatting 4x a week is not as bad as you would think to be honest

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Well, it would work for me if I did no more than 3 sets of squats each time and one day was an "easy" day where I lifted lighter and stopped short of failure. Depends on the volume and intensity each day.

Last edited:
I'm trying to equal my chest to the rest of me. Been training volume eod with presses and doing pump sets on off days. Never under 6 controlled reps. Noticing great fullness and the weight is getting much easier to move and especially control. Not going to work going heavy eod though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

From what Ive read, Phil advises squats 2-3x a week...I believe that as long as you stimulate and NOT annihilate....you are able to reach such a frequency and accustom your quads to frequently take those beatings.

I think it would be extremely tough to really trash your quads and then try it once more within 24 hours....the risk for injury is much greater...

Its important being in tune with everything at hand and knowing when its time to go light or time to really stimulate. Sometimes I refuse to do cardio the day after leg day just because my legs are just no good.

Well, it would work for me if I did no more than 3 sets of squats each time and one day was an "easy" day where I lifted lighter and stopped short of failure. Depends on the volume and intensity each day.

Its either 4-5 sets of 3-5 reps whem squatting. But also cleans where I catch the bar ans stand with it work legs, jerks work legs, etc...I'm hitting them someway about 5-6 days a week with 4 of the days involving squats and 3 involving a type of deadlift. But I don't hit high volume with additional lifts like extensions and curls and such so that helpa recovery

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

I usually workout in the evening, then I eat and sleep. Would it be better to workout in the morning? Seems to me like if you eat during the recovery it should lead to more gains

With time, as with everything, your body will adapt and recover to whatever stress you put it under. Olympic lifters and strongmen are kinda walking examples.

However, does it means it's ok to go nuts with training frequency for bodybuilding purposes ? Probably not, but I've read about some people who got away with it.

fitnesskatz

8 hrs i must be why all those nfl players are bad fuckers but why the teams hire all those drs, trainers strength coaches, therapist,,,must be like a team requirement

8h of recovery to 90% is only based upon tha fact that the muscle was only trained at 70% maximal exertion on 80% rom... if we factor in that aas causes a 45% increase in protein synthesis, and gh aids in a 30% better recovery... then we must conclude that 90% is only if the trainee was on a 5/3/1 system using 500mg T and 4iu gh w a perfect 8hours of sleep...... if other training systems r utilized such as FST7... then the total % of recovery is going to depend on the amount of intensity x the # of sets x the gear mg #, and last- rem sleep.... with 3 hours of rem sleep outta tha 8 that is recommended, it undoubtably shows that a muscle could be recovered to 90%, but more than likely ur looking at only 81%... which OF COURSE is a 16% progression of recovery ability from the normal human...

now if we add creatine, all the #s change again... :D

also, 91% of my statistics were made up the spot...lol

this makes more sense.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
MindMuscle88