over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Taking DNP, a few questions

anglersec

Newbies
Hey there, any help here is greatly appreciated.

I'm currently taking 250mg of DNP powder daily. Plan is for at least a 21 day cycle, maybe a 30 day cycle.

I am now on day 5. Side effects are minor to moderate heat flashes through the day. Last 3 nights I have had difficulty sleeping waking every hour or so and being extremely thirsty--I have kept a 1/2 gallon of water by my bedside and have drank it each night. Some lethargy and tiredness, nothing extreme. 2 days ago HORRIBLE diarrhea started (I didn't know it could be so bad. Feels like everything I eat comes out shortly thereafter!)

Weight loss so far hasn't happened. In fact, I have gained a couple pounds.

BMI is 40 (yes, I have become a fat ass the past year). Height, 6'4" Weight 320

Diet is currently isocaloric. Eating roughly 2400 calories daily, clean. Mostly fruit and meat. 2 gallons of water daily.

Exercise. I was lifting before starting the cycle. On reading about the effects of DNP, I have switched to walking. Currently walking 4 miles daily.

Questions I have:

1. Am I taking the correct dosage? I have read several posts that say a lower dose like 250 for an extended period is ok and lessens the side effects of DNP. This is my first time with DNP and after reading the various horror stories I was a bit concerned to go to 500 after a few days.

2. I had read that an ECA stack is desirable while taking DNP. I cant seem to find any REAL ephedra around my area, only pseudophed. Do I need an ECA stack? Can someone recommend a viable alternative?

3. Should I already be losing weight? Or is this normal for this point in time of my cycle?

4. Am I missing anything? Anything I need to do that I am not?

Any and all help is appreciated. Thank you!!

Keep in mind that dnp will cause quite a bit of water retention , so you really wont notice much of weightloss while on, or if you do it will be minimal. After you finish, and your body starts to get rid of all that excess water, you'll have a better view/understanding of how well dnp works.

1.) Dose is fine. Lower amounts for longer periods give solid weight loss results with less sides. Don't assume more heat/sides means more weight loss, it doesn't.

2.) It's not necessary, although some people find it helps with the lethargy. I usually just drink more coffee.

3.) It's normal not to notice weight loss straight away, DNP causes water retention. Keep fluid intake high, it may take a week or so after the cycle before the true results are seen.

4.) Gastro issues seem to be pretty common, they generally settle down after a while. Make sure you're getting enough non-soluble fibre. Also, antioxidants (vitamin C, gluthathione) are a good idea.

you've been on it for 5 days right?

you will need a few more before the levels can fully rise and the weight will start falling off.

the best thing you can do for yourself is to track your calories.. and I mean REALLY track them.

you would be amazed how easy it is to gain a shitload of weight from casually snacking..

well...then again, maybe you already know lol..

write down a diet, follow it without exception, drink enough water, stay up on your vitamins and minerals.

etc.. etc..

Ha! Yeah, I already know. Got married in April, 2015. Since that point Ive gained 65 pounds. Fat, dumb, and happy. Now trying to cut this stuff off in a timely manner.

I was aware of the water retention. I urinate CONSTANTLY (every 30-40 minutes) and guess my mind has been telling me no way I'm retaining water when I'm running to the bathroom that much.

So anti-oxidants, non soluble fibre, more coffee.

Seems dosage is correct, so thanks much for that one. I was worried that I wasn't taking enough because of my current size and was scared to take more because of the stories of DNP. So many thanks there.

And watch calorie count. yeah, Ive been eating a good deal of fruit and veggies, but I know even that can get away from you.

I would hate to be the idiot in the room who gained 20lbs on DNP from eating tons of fruit.

Thanks much for all the responses. Any other suggestions are extremely welcomed.

You can still lift on 250mg. It wasn't until 600mg/day that I realized my pathetic workouts weren't worth it anymore.

I use coffee or some type of caffeine to get me through the day. I drink as much water as I can until about 2 hours before bed then I try to sip as needed during the night but avoid chugging bottles as then I'm waking up to piss every 1-2 hours on the dot, which can make sleep even worse than it already is on DNP.

Having a fan blowing at you at all times is very helpful, as is keeping your thermostat as low as you can handle.

With some individuals the most actual weight loss is reported within a week after cessation when the water sheds. I could see this being even more typical response to people who are overweight using DNP. I've noticed the leaner I am the more quickly I can see some results, especially when I'm already cutting and not holding a ton of water from the get go.

Ive had great success on 250mg a day for longer periods. Didn't impact workouts really, and fats was great. What are your macros? You say 2400 cals - are you tracking it all? Tracking helps a TON.

For #2, you can go to CVS/Walmart and get Bronkaid which is ephedra from the pharmacist without a prescription. Get some cheap caffeine pills and baby aspirin and you're good to go.

Can we use a mild diuretic for the water retention or is it a bad idea?

No no. Trust the process and do not do that. Water will come off when you are off dnp.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk 2

i wouldn't fuck with diuretics while on DNP - sounds like a recipe for disaster. i find whatever it does with burning the carbs i consume i surprisingly look leaner facially while on it .... or it just sheds enough fat off and thats why. haven't used it in awhile. it got me DICED last winter. this winter I'm doing it the hard way on low/no carbs to see if my 'look' is different this way

I want to thank everyone for all the responses and the help. I appreciate it. Will head over and get the bronkaid tomorrow. Also going to start with coffee tomorrow as well. Was a bit worries as coffee is a natural diuretic, but I guess that will be ok.

Thanks again!

I want to thank everyone for all the responses and the help. I appreciate it. Will head over and get the bronkaid tomorrow. Also going to start with coffee tomorrow as well. Was a bit worries as coffee is a natural diuretic, but I guess that will be ok.

Thanks again!

Good deal. Be sure to come back and update this thread with your fat loss progress.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk 2

i wouldn't fuck with diuretics while on DNP - sounds like a recipe for disaster. i find whatever it does with burning the carbs i consume i surprisingly look leaner facially while on it .... or it just sheds enough fat off and thats why. haven't used it in awhile. it got me DICED last winter. this winter I'm doing it the hard way on low/no carbs to see if my 'look' is different this way

How many carbs did you use last winter and what dnp dosage?

How many carbs did you use last winter and what dnp dosage?

I got contest lean on 250-400g carbs daily (some higher refeed days thrown in, too). I now am on 50-250g carbs daily and it is working - just not quite like DNP did. Half the reason I believe is my fasted BG is horrendous for some reason. Went off GH and ran met and it barely budged. We're talking 105-110 fasted BG in the AM whilst on low carbs. using 800-1200 berberine every evening. I am likely 8% right now - dnp got me to 5 without having to suffer as much. Hoping my BG gets sorted and hoping the low carbs assists with that

I got contest lean on 250-400g carbs daily (some higher refeed days thrown in, too). I now am on 50-250g carbs daily and it is working - just not quite like DNP did. Half the reason I believe is my fasted BG is horrendous for some reason. Went off GH and ran met and it barely budged. We're talking 105-110 fasted BG in the AM whilst on low carbs. using 800-1200 berberine every evening. I am likely 8% right now - dnp got me to 5 without having to suffer as much. Hoping my BG gets sorted and hoping the low carbs assists with that

You probably have physiological insulin resistance which is something that I have and many people in excellent shape on low-carb diets have. It's actually not a bad thing, you should look it up on google.

Last edited:
You probably have physiological insulin resistance which is something that I have and many people in excellent shape on low-carb diets have. It's actually not a bad thing, you should look it up on google.

researching now - i have never heard of this before, thank you for the heads up!

OK, update on my DNP experience.

Was on DNP, 250 mg, for 26 days. Also taking an ECA Stack (25e, 200c, 81a) once a day then the final well twice a day. Drinking 1.5-2 gallons water daily.

Diet was clean and isometric except for about 3 cheat days. Calories per day intake were in the 2000-2500 range.

Starting weight was 326lb. I am now off the DNP for 6 days and weighing in at 316.

A few things. Weight fluctuated GREATLY while taking DNP. I got down to 312 and later during the same day weighed in at 320. I take this to be water retention and release?

Also, very little side effects. Some sweating, nothing horrible. Worst sweating occurred maybe 3 times while sleeping at night. Was VERY lethargic. The ECA helped that. Also, about 12 days in I found myself getting out of breath VERY easily. I would walk up a short flight of stairs and be wheezing.

Worst side effects? 3 days into taking DNP I had the worst diarrhea anyone on the planet has ever experienced. Horrible. And constantly sitting on the pot. This lasted for 2 days. Also, Also, beginning about day 21 I really felt like SHIT. I just felt bad. Tired, uncomfortable, not wanting to do anything. It is this feeling that caused me to end the cycle before the 28 days were up.

I also noticed that cheating with something as simple as a bun made of white enriched bread made me ill. I would have diarrhea, get hot, and wake the next morning feeling hungover. I quickly learned that DNP is something you HAVE to eat right with.

I have been off DNP for 6 days. Only real side effects now was the horrible diarrhea about 2 days off the DNP. I mean--HORRIBLE. I attribute that to being some sort of electrolyte imbalance?

Plan is to be off DNP for 11 days. The start back taking 250mg crystal for the first 3 days, the 375mg crystal for the next 11-18 days. I don't think I can handle a 28 day cycle, just seemed to long. Everything was going fine until right at day 21-22 then it hit hard with just feeling bad. SO I figure to stop it before that 21-22 mark.

Also will start ECA after day3. Take ECA 1 a day for first week, then twice daily after that.

Only other thing I am taking is a multi-vitamin.

How does this sound? Anything I need to do or not do? Do I need to add t-3 to the mix or no?

Thanks much for all the help given. I appreciate it.

OK, update on my DNP experience.

Was on DNP, 250 mg, for 26 days. Also taking an ECA Stack (25e, 200c, 81a) once a day then the final well twice a day. Drinking 1.5-2 gallons water daily.

Diet was clean and isometric except for about 3 cheat days. Calories per day intake were in the 2000-2500 range.

Starting weight was 326lb. I am now off the DNP for 6 days and weighing in at 316.

A few things. Weight fluctuated GREATLY while taking DNP. I got down to 312 and later during the same day weighed in at 320. I take this to be water retention and release?

Also, very little side effects. Some sweating, nothing horrible. Worst sweating occurred maybe 3 times while sleeping at night. Was VERY lethargic. The ECA helped that. Also, about 12 days in I found myself getting out of breath VERY easily. I would walk up a short flight of stairs and be wheezing.

Worst side effects? 3 days into taking DNP I had the worst diarrhea anyone on the planet has ever experienced. Horrible. And constantly sitting on the pot. This lasted for 2 days. Also, Also, beginning about day 21 I really felt like SHIT. I just felt bad. Tired, uncomfortable, not wanting to do anything. It is this feeling that caused me to end the cycle before the 28 days were up.

I also noticed that cheating with something as simple as a bun made of white enriched bread made me ill. I would have diarrhea, get hot, and wake the next morning feeling hungover. I quickly learned that DNP is something you HAVE to eat right with.

I have been off DNP for 6 days. Only real side effects now was the horrible diarrhea about 2 days off the DNP. I mean--HORRIBLE. I attribute that to being some sort of electrolyte imbalance?

Plan is to be off DNP for 11 days. The start back taking 250mg crystal for the first 3 days, the 375mg crystal for the next 11-18 days. I don't think I can handle a 28 day cycle, just seemed to long. Everything was going fine until right at day 21-22 then it hit hard with just feeling bad. SO I figure to stop it before that 21-22 mark.

Also will start ECA after day3. Take ECA 1 a day for first week, then twice daily after that.

Only other thing I am taking is a multi-vitamin.

How does this sound? Anything I need to do or not do? Do I need to add t-3 to the mix or no?

Thanks much for all the help given. I appreciate it.

t3 would have helped in my opinion at a month long cycle. a month of glycogen depletion is enough to slow your thyroid on its own....thats why i probably won't run long cycles anymore. to be fair too, i just ran 400mg powder for 7 days, followed by another 7 days of 600mg powder, im on my final 3 days of 800mg. this isn't for the beginner user, obviously, but i will end up losing more weight than you did in a month, in less than 3 weeks. i would propose since you know you can handle 250, starting higher your 2nd dose and just mantaining it for 14 days and get off again.

400mg powder is not that bad, hell, 600mg wasn't that bad until the last couple of days where it started hitting the 70s again here in the south. 800mg, i called out of work. didn't feel like dealing with wearing a suit today.

besides sweating, my biggest sides at higher doses are dehydration and muscle cramps that probably stem from that. the more dnp you take, the more water you need to drink. i also take chellated magnesium 250mg 3x a day and it has helped tremendously with cramping. i also take about 6g of taurine a day spread out. i'm also on tren and ill be adding anavar when i drop the DNP so cramps are a pretty normal occurrence for me right now

Last edited:

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic