yms-GIF-210x65-SB
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Taking HCTZ(Hydrochlorothiazide) to relief water retention from HGH?

Ayoquay

Newbies
I've been dealing with really bad water retention from HGH mainly in my face, i have an important event to attend tomorrow so I'm considering using 25mg of HCTZ(Hydrochlorothiazide) to help alleviate it. I want to make sure I'm doing this safely so what are the recommended measures or precautions I should take before and after consumption? I've read that HCTZ is generally safe and well tolerated unlike furosemide if taken on a proper low dose, Any experience with it? Thanks

I’ve only taken Lasix in the past which I honestly would never recommend to anyone - I think there are safer ways to manipulate water. But having said that, I would make sure you have a solid electrolyte balance and you still need to drink water. Otherwise you will cramp up and worst case can have a gnarly drop in blood pressure (this happened to me and was very scary).

I had the same issue with hgh and also high blood pressure a while back. I used some Telmisartan/Hydrochlorothiazide 80 mg/25 mg for a little while and they definitely worked and seemed pretty mild. Never had any cramping issues or anything bad happen. The first time i took one that night i must have peed 4 or 5 times and in the morning most of my bloat was gone

Where is this puffy face stuff coming from?

We've had multiple members make threads on it over the last year and I don't recall guys caring about the amount of water in their face in the past. The more water in my face the more bulked up I am so I'm all for it.

Ever since I started high dose hgh I added in 12.5mg of hydrochlorothiazide and rarely experience any negative side effects from it.

Most high related side effects are caused in one way or another by water retention. So if we can mitigate that with a relatively safe diuretic then I think that is the route to go.

Not to mention it is a very commonly prescribed blood pressure medication that is used in combination for dual therapy of blood pressure along side telimasartan.

I had the same issue with hgh and also high blood pressure a while back. I used some Telmisartan/Hydrochlorothiazide 80 mg/25 mg for a little while and they definitely worked and seemed pretty mild. Never had any cramping issues or anything bad happen. The first time i took one that night i must have peed 4 or 5 times and in the morning most of my bloat was gone
Did you supplement electrolytes/potassium while on it?

"Everybody has a plan until they get puffy in the face!"

Thank you OP for broaching this all important subject this week. We really have only 2 options here. 1 is the tried and true Jawzersize:

Option 2 is passing go and all formalities and immediately eating pussy for hours on end. The resultant magic face profiling comes via powerful osmosis created by a negative PH disparity between vaginal juices (hoohaskanksecratus aquahamus) and the fluids retained across the musculature of the male mastecoid process (U. actualumus B. fatfuckitus). During this process the Jaw is also hidden from sight as most females do not have eyeballs in the cervix.

OP- are you fat?
Guarendamntee it!

Also would be willing to bet this is yet another "new" account from one of the bloat brigade. I take HGH every day and deal with no "bloat". Sometimes your body will retain some water when you first start, but if you are truly lean and eat and train like a real athlete there ain't no fucking bloat that is discernable by anyone.

Also OP- I promise you no one at that event will give two fucks about your perceived "face bloat". One of the biggest lessons one could ever learn is no one gives a fuck about you - they are far too worried about themselves.

Guarendamntee it!

Also would be willing to bet this is yet another "new" account from one of the bloat brigade. I take HGH every day and deal with no "bloat". Sometimes your body will retain some water when you first start, but if you are truly lean and eat and train like a real athlete there ain't no fucking bloat that is discernable by anyone.

Also OP- I promise you no one at that event will give two fucks about your perceived "face bloat". One of the biggest lessons one could ever learn is no one gives a fuck about you - they are far too worried about themselves.

Disagree with you. I went from 3-4iu up to 8. I now have lines on my ankles from my socks. At the lower dose I had none of that. Diet same, training, same. This happened within less than a week. Subcutaneous water has nothing to do with being lean imo.

Disagree with you. I went from 3-4iu up to 8. I now have lines on my ankles from my socks. At the lower dose I had none of that. Diet same, training, same. This happened within less than a week. Subcutaneous water has nothing to do with being lean imo.
You doubled the amount of HGH you were taking - of course you will hold some subcutaneous water for a bit. Doubling your dose on almost anything is going to do that. If your avatar pic is you, give it a couple weeks and yours will subside as well.

But did your face blow up?

Did you need a diuretic for your face to attend an important event?

Ever since I started high dose hgh I added in 12.5mg of hydrochlorothiazide and rarely experience any negative side effects from it.

Most high related side effects are caused in one way or another by water retention. So if we can mitigate that with a relatively safe diuretic then I think that is the route to go.

Not to mention it is a very commonly prescribed blood pressure medication that is used in combination for dual therapy of blood pressure along side telimasartan.
That dose seems reasonable. Some sides can occur and yeah you need to watch your electrolytes and water intake but like someone else said, much better option than Lasix.

Id almost recommend half that dose but I don't think it is dosed that way and most of those 12.5 pills are tiny so good luck trying to halve them.

But did your face blow up?

Did you need a diuretic for your face to attend an important event?

No idea if my face bloated up. Vascularity in thighs reduced visibly in addition to the cankles I am rocking.

fwiw - I do not really give a shit about holding some water, unless it impacts my BP, and certainly could give zero shits about if someone is thinking "hmmm...his face looks a bit bloated".

Oh, shit I have an in person board meeting in two weeks!!! Maybe I should get on some diuretics or perhaps they will not take me seriously... ;)

Yeah but i can't take HCTZ daily before bed..... I don't want to wake up 4 times every night to pee my brain off.... I need to sleep and recover.

I take hctz for blood pressure (minor dose). I also use it when starting HGH and increasing because that will drive my BP up. Eventually I can drop the extra dose.

To be fully clear and truthful - I have never seen hctz make one shit of difference to my face or even presceptible water retention anywhere. It works for my needs but there may be a reason BBers don't use it when getting on stage.

Where is this puffy face stuff coming from?

We've had multiple members make threads on it over the last year and I don't recall guys caring about the amount of water in their face in the past. The more water in my face the more bulked up I am so I'm all for it.

Same dude. Different account. Not just this board. Saw them on Meso too. Guy has problems.

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator
  • K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
SuperAndy
NapsGear