over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Taking other things with t3 effecting absorption

Love_to_Bodybuild

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I know caffeine is a no no while taking t3 as it can reduce effectiveness by 30-40 %

Usually i take t3 tablet, wait ten or twenty minutes take some l carnitine, bcaa's and eaa's then off to do cardio, I just added in alpha yohimbine

does everything taking close with t3 act this way?

i figired 10-20 minutes would give it some time

probably best to dose l carnitine away from t3 as it particular could slow down t3s fat burning

What effect does carnitine supplementation have on thyroid function? The data appears to show that L-carnitine can function as an antagonist of thyroid hormone, likely by blocking the entry of thyroid hormone into cells. Indeed, these properties of L-carnitine may be beneficial in hyperthyroid subjects.

I know caffeine is a no no while taking t3 as it can reduce effectiveness by 30-40 %

Usually i take t3 tablet, wait ten or twenty minutes take some l carnitine, bcaa's and eaa's then off to do cardio, I just added in alpha yohimbine

does everything taking close with t3 act this way?

i figired 10-20 minutes would give it some time
Is it caffeine or coffee? I’ve never read anything regarding caffeine specifically interfering with T3/T4 absorption, but everything I have read specifically calls out coffee and espresso as interfering with absorption.

As far as what else not to take, I know iron and calcium are big no-no‘s. I think antacids too, but I almost never use antacids so you should double check me on that.

As my test results this week showed my TSH was way up. I was reading to take the pills 2 hours away from meals(which I have never done and have been on thyroid for abut 15 years). I have always taken it with my tea. And my tea is stronger and darker then many peoples coffee as I steep a handful of green tea leaves for a couple hours with my fresh ginger.

I take it before bed. Sometimes before my last meal sometimes after.

As my test results this week showed my TSH was way up. I was reading to take the pills 2 hours away from meals(which I have never done and have been on thyroid for abut 15 years). I have always taken it with my tea. And my tea is stronger and darker then many peoples coffee as I steep a handful of green tea leaves for a couple hours with my fresh ginger.
Empty stomach is the main point my endo always harps on. I’ve never tried to take it with food to see if I experience a difference.

Empty stomach is the main point my endo always harps on. I’ve never tried to take it with food to see if I experience a difference.
From my reading most medications get absorbed quicker on an empty stomach, which may or may not be beneficial. While doing the bodybuilder thing and eating as soon as you get up and every 2-3 hours all day long an empty stomach can be tough to do. Now that I am down to 4 meals day I will see how that goes.

From my reading most medications get absorbed quicker on an empty stomach, which may or may not be beneficial. While doing the bodybuilder thing and eating as soon as you get up and every 2-3 hours all day long an empty stomach can be tough to do. Now that I am down to 4 meals day I will see how that goes.
Yeah if I still did 6 meals a day that would be tough to give it 2 hours of space before my first meal.

I would take it when you take it. I used to always take T3 that way.....with or without a meal.

T3 seems to be different in absorption compared to T4... I always use it before first meal, but I eat 5 mins later and it works for me. T4 needs a bit longer to get absorbed correctly.

i never knew this. i knew to take on an empty stomach 1st thing in morn, but i have coffe too

Take it in the middle of the night when you get up to pee. I usually go an hr or two before I get up for work so thats perfect for me.

i never knew this. i knew to take on an empty stomach 1st thing in morn, but i have coffe too
You can find a fair bit a data on this. But every single study I’ve come across specifically uses coffee (and espresso lol) and not supplementary caffeine. I’ve never read any study or hypothesized mechanism that specifically points to caffeine hindering absorption. Could very well be something else in those drinks hindering absorption. I know people can load up coffee with practically anything nowadays lol.

It interferes with T4, not T3

Gastric pH plays a role in the pharmacokinetic potential.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws