over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Taking time off?

SynChemist

Newbies
Ok guys first time posting here. I used to post on Renegade and still do on the UG. Great board I must say
I have been training, using anabolics and dieting religously for about 4 years with little to no time off between. I just had surgery for a deviated septum and am going to take about 2 months off to recover from the procedure, and somewhat lifestyle burnout. I am also hoping this time off from training and anabolics will help me "recover" from posssible burnout and comeback will a great new focus.
OK my question....Is this time off going to help? Or should I try to limit time off and get back into training in 2 weeks when I am recovered from the surgery? I hate taking time off but I want to hear from some of the guys that swear to taking a month off a year.
Who takes time off? Why does it benefit you?
Thanks

i could never take a month.

i took a week after my show last weekend, but thats the longest i have taken a year. but then again i'm an overtrainer.

I would deffinately take those 2 weeks off but then just gauge how you feel maybe just have few light workouts get back into it then set your goal when you want to go hard !!

best luck

kiwi

Take as much time as you need. In fact, think about how long you think you'll need.....then add 3 weeks. Do Not worry about losing muscle, as you'll gain it all back within the first 4-5 training sessions when you get back in the gym. Each year I take off about 4-5 total months from training (both myself and clients) and just relax and forget I'm a bodybuilder. I'll dj a few parties or clubs to make a few dollars, and sometimes even just drive down to Ensenada for a couple weeks. Just relax and forget the bodybuilding lifestyle for a while.

As Pusher eluded to, "muscle memory" is a wonderful thing!

I had a long layoff after repair/reattachment of a rotator cuff muscle (infraspanatus). I actually came back (gainedthe amount of muscle I previously had) - but it took forever, very severe injury - and actually surpassed my old peak (gained more muscle) and did it "all natural!"

xcel

Thanks for the responses. I was thinking towards what Pusher said.....I just want to be "normal" for a little while. To be honest I just want to eat less than 300 grams of protein a day for the first time since I can remember and think nothing of it. I totally forgot abut muscle memory and realize that if I take a month off I should be atleast where I was after a month of solid regime again

about 3 months ago I was off for a total of 3 months. No ryhme of reason, just because I wanted to start fresh. Just as xcel experienced, I came back and ALMOST surpased my best gains all naturally. Then I was so excited I started juicin' again, cuz I couldn't wait. I bigger than ever now (7 weeks in on a light cycle) and I think that 3 months was one of the best things I could've done fo myself. just my .02 worth

moose

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity