over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Talk about motivation

Jman9229

Registered
So the other day, I got a text from a fellow competitor and good friend of mine saying he was thought about me this morning and it motivated him. He's not gay, neither am I, so simply asked what he was talking about. And he replied this "A quote ran through my head, 'someone out there is working hard' and I thought about how you've gained some good size and that I needed to get up to workout"

So, I just wanted to pass this on, because I will be using this myself. Whenever I try and make an excuse or don't feel like doing something, ie eating because I would rather sleep, I will remember that quote, and get to work!!

So, if you ever feel lazy or anything just remember...Someone out there is working hard

these are my favorite two videos for inspiration....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ]How Bad Do You Want It? (Success) HD - YouTube[/ame]

anything from these guys (especially this one)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sk56VxaeqEQ]The BEST Motivation - YouTube[/ame]

I like this one myself.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAlHWOZRzC0]BODYBUILDING - Day IN Day OUT - YouTube[/ame]

Thats cool, I find it very humbling when people tell me O have motivated them. Awesome feeling.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

This was posted on another board, and I am just reposting.

Tony Doherty said:
I knew that this was my last shot at it, as I had nothing and owed about $200,000 which was loaded against my parents home. They had backed me from day one and I had let them and everyone close to me down. I had pissed it away and partied like a rockstar, thinking I was shit hot. Thinking I was bulletproof, a success in my own mind. Truth is, I was delusional, dazed and way, way ahead of myself.

I opened the doors on April 8th without a single member, no staff, no money in my pocket, nothing in the bank. I had no idea how I would get through the first week, let alone the first year. I just waited for someone to come in and train and after a few hours, a young couple came in and joined up. That first day I had about 10 people come in but no one else joined. This went on for a while and I just kept at it. Kept showing up, day after day, week after week.

The first year I sold everything to keep the doors open, house, cars, furniture, you name it, I lost it. The phone or power got cut every month, at least. I had no where to live and no car, all I had was a vertical grill and a rice cooker. I slept on the couch at the gym for that first 12 months, I would get up in the morning and walk up to the main road to get a paper and a coffee. This way it looked like I had actually come from somewhere. Then I would walk to the gym to open up at 6AM. I would work through to 9 or 10PM, most days on my own until everyone had left, once again I would lock up and pretend to head home until everyone had gone, then sneak back and let myself back in.

I developed a saying that I still use to this day. “Don’t worry about what you can’t do, worry about what you can do.” So with that in mind, when I couldn’t afford to buy new equipment, I would buy a can of paint. When no one came in, I would move everything in the gym. I would dust, clean, re-arrange everything. After a while, people would come in and say, “Hey you are always doing something.” That inspired me more, I thought if people come in and I’m sitting around or complaining, they will pick up on that crap energy. If they come in and I’m busy, they will know I care.

Slowly I started to straighten myself out, killed the ego, got back into heavy training, lost the ponytail and kicked myself until I got up and about. I realise now, how far I had fallen and how close I came to falling through the cracks. I knew that from then on, I would give life everything I had. By that I mean, I made a deal with myself that I would never have regret, or die wondering. No more excuses, no blaming others, no turning back.

I’m writing this for anyone doubting themselves. Anyone thinking about giving up, or thinking they don’t deserve success. For the ones out there that have made stupid mistakes and bad choices. For everyone that has been told they are no good, everyone that has been written off and laughed at. You must never quit, never give in, never let the doubters wear you down. You gotta be tough, you have to stop worrying about what others think. You have to find it within yourself. You have to hold your head up high and stay humble, no matter what, you have to grind. You have to get up every day and attack it like it is your last day, your last chance. When you put you head down at night, you have to know you did everything today, that you could to move forward. Sometimes it will seem fruitless, useless and slow. That is when you dig in harder, you must trust the process, trust yourself and most of all believe in yourself, I mean deep down inside where no one else dwells, that’s where you have to believe in yourself.

Grind hard - Don’t quit!

Thanks for sharing these vids.
Just what I needed to get my lazy ass up and off to the gym this Saturday. Gotta get that session in!

"He's not gay, neither am I"

If you say so. But coming right out the gate with disclaimers isn't giving you any more check marks in the "not gay" column.

So the other day, I got a text from a fellow competitor and good friend of mine saying he was thought about me this morning and it motivated him. He's not gay, neither am I, so simply asked what he was talking about. And he replied this "A quote ran through my head, 'someone out there is working hard' and I thought about how you've gained some good size and that I needed to get up to workout"

So, I just wanted to pass this on, because I will be using this myself. Whenever I try and make an excuse or don't feel like doing something, ie eating because I would rather sleep, I will remember that quote, and get to work!!

So, if you ever feel lazy or anything just remember...Someone out there is working hard

Kilo Klub Member

This was posted on another board, and I am just reposting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Doherty
I knew that this was my last shot at it, as I had nothing and owed about $200,000 which was loaded against my parents home. They had backed me from day one and I had let them and everyone close to me down. I had pissed it away and partied like a rockstar, thinking I was shit hot. Thinking I was bulletproof, a success in my own mind. Truth is, I was delusional, dazed and way, way ahead of myself.

I opened the doors on April 8th without a single member, no staff, no money in my pocket, nothing in the bank. I had no idea how I would get through the first week, let alone the first year. I just waited for someone to come in and train and after a few hours, a young couple came in and joined up. That first day I had about 10 people come in but no one else joined. This went on for a while and I just kept at it. Kept showing up, day after day, week after week.

The first year I sold everything to keep the doors open, house, cars, furniture, you name it, I lost it. The phone or power got cut every month, at least. I had no where to live and no car, all I had was a vertical grill and a rice cooker. I slept on the couch at the gym for that first 12 months, I would get up in the morning and walk up to the main road to get a paper and a coffee. This way it looked like I had actually come from somewhere. Then I would walk to the gym to open up at 6AM. I would work through to 9 or 10PM, most days on my own until everyone had left, once again I would lock up and pretend to head home until everyone had gone, then sneak back and let myself back in.

I developed a saying that I still use to this day. “Don’t worry about what you can’t do, worry about what you can do.” So with that in mind, when I couldn’t afford to buy new equipment, I would buy a can of paint. When no one came in, I would move everything in the gym. I would dust, clean, re-arrange everything. After a while, people would come in and say, “Hey you are always doing something.” That inspired me more, I thought if people come in and I’m sitting around or complaining, they will pick up on that crap energy. If they come in and I’m busy, they will know I care.

Slowly I started to straighten myself out, killed the ego, got back into heavy training, lost the ponytail and kicked myself until I got up and about. I realise now, how far I had fallen and how close I came to falling through the cracks. I knew that from then on, I would give life everything I had. By that I mean, I made a deal with myself that I would never have regret, or die wondering. No more excuses, no blaming others, no turning back.

I’m writing this for anyone doubting themselves. Anyone thinking about giving up, or thinking they don’t deserve success. For the ones out there that have made stupid mistakes and bad choices. For everyone that has been told they are no good, everyone that has been written off and laughed at. You must never quit, never give in, never let the doubters wear you down. You gotta be tough, you have to stop worrying about what others think. You have to find it within yourself. You have to hold your head up high and stay humble, no matter what, you have to grind. You have to get up every day and attack it like it is your last day, your last chance. When you put you head down at night, you have to know you did everything today, that you could to move forward. Sometimes it will seem fruitless, useless and slow. That is when you dig in harder, you must trust the process, trust yourself and most of all believe in yourself, I mean deep down inside where no one else dwells, that’s where you have to believe in yourself.

Grind hard - Don’t quit!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for the re-post bro i have own gym regardless of other people telling me i couldn't.
I am on my second year the first was only me and my wife ,we hardly could keep our head above water. Luckily my second year is actually profitable,but i copied this for future reference"s,to remind me there are some out there that have the same dreams..........

Last edited:

It is a quote from Arnold's "rules for success" speech he gave at a college. Very inspiring I listen to it when I get down and it motivates me to work harder at attaining my goals. Rule number 5.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BD3dlCjk250]Six Secrets to Success (New) - YouTube[/ame]

Vids

Definitely cool videos!

Awesome videos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been watching this one a lot lately:

[ame]http://youtu.be/FhzNSPiqO0M[/ame]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views