over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Talking about Leg Workouts

arnold probably took half the drugs branch takes

and he probably used half the poundage branch uses

and arnie has the best chest ever and 7 olympias

no one today touches arnie's chest

remember what lee haney said.......quality not quantity......stimulate don't annihilate

he too had a great chest and 8 olympias......something to be said for that

I would never go to the gym without mental preparation. Thinking is very important. The training should start with thinking and planification in you minde, the training should start 1 hour before you go to the gym.

Muscle grow fastest when mental preparation and focus combined with strict training. Mental preparation and focus is important not just during training but also before training.

That is such a good post, man. I hope everyone reads it. I always mentally prepare myself for about 20-30 mins before each lifting session. I'd rather not lift if I'm not psyched and ready to go. Cuz I'm just gonna end up going through the motions and walk out feeling like I didn't give it my all.

He's already been injured numerous times....and I agree with you on his horrible form........however, he did just place 2nd at the O....so who are we to argue?

Well said Chris!

He's already been injured numerous times....and I agree with you on his horrible form........however, he did just place 2nd at the O....so who are we to argue?
Is ther a way to achieve what he achieved without all the injurys?? did he got his succes because of how he trained or is a case of "even training like that he got results"??? is there a safer way to use brutal heavy weights and get the phisique he got?? did slopy form allowed him to use even heavier weights and grow even more?? do we know if he feel the muscle when he trains?? you never know... but at the end of the day he has a brilliant bodybuilding career, succesful bussines, a big house with luxury cars and a beatiful wife so kudos to the man and I hope he doesn´t hurt himself again...

3/4 reps on smith squats and half reps on the leg press?

why don't you free squat, drop the weight, and execute a full rep?

box squats are really effective especially if you pause at the bottom and explode up.

Well, drive up from the bottom...exploding out of a pause may lead to an injury..at least that's what I do on box squats.

I'm no one to argue with a pro, however, You ARE a pro, you have been training 24 years, and you are squatting in a smith machine, with wraps, barely half way to paralell.....

Your leg press reps aren't even close to halfway down, there's no way you are getting close to a full quad engagement. You might be "feeling the burn" through the entire leg simply because your legs are fatigued and they are supporting the weight on them, but you certainly aren't engaging them anywhere near full potential.

Why not pick one of those exercises, squats for example, and perform them free weight, all the way down, to failure? You would certainly get more engagement and "burn" without all the un needed volume.

I.M.H.O.

You can really don't know how I feel it, and it is a tri set, it really pumps and burn, and again it is just one way to do it.
You guys are funny!!!!

Another question. If you are constantly switching your training, how do you know what works and what doesn't? If you do an exercise one way, and then don't repeat it for a month or more, how do you know what is actually causing your greatest gains?

Lemme guess, angles right?

I'm no one to argue with a pro, however, You ARE a pro, you have been training 24 years, and you are squatting in a smith machine, with wraps, barely half way to paralell.....

Your leg press reps aren't even close to halfway down, there's no way you are getting close to a full quad engagement. You might be "feeling the burn" through the entire leg simply because your legs are fatigued and they are supporting the weight on them, but you certainly aren't engaging them anywhere near full potential.

Why not pick one of those exercises, squats for example, and perform them free weight, all the way down, to failure? You would certainly get more engagement and "burn" without all the un needed volume.

I.M.H.O.
Why train with full range of motion and proper form when you can do that shit ...take massive amounts of drugs and say....I'm a pro !!!!

Is it just me or is it every time I watch a pro on Youtube doing legs they do squats in the smith rack?

Maybe they know something we don't...

In his defense, I kinda like doing squats in the smith every so often...I dunno, it just feels good.

Is it just me or is it every time I watch a pro on Youtube doing legs they do squats in the smith rack?

Maybe they know something we don't...

In his defense, I kinda like doing squats in the smith every so often...I dunno, it just feels good.

Using a smith machine'll let someone pinpoint what they want to hit much better. Especially perfect for those whose ass and hips grow easier than their quads.

Plus, the smith machine will use less obliques.

Using a smith machine'll let someone pinpoint what they want to hit much better. Especially perfect for those whose ass and hips grow easier than their quads.

Plus, the smith machine will use less obliques.
I would never do a compound movement on a smith...all this ass growth talk I keep hearing ,I should be seeing J LO size asses on stage soon..:D

all i gatta say about a leg workout is if you can walk out of the gym when your done than turn around and go squat some more!!!

I would never do a compound movement on a smith...all this ass growth talk I keep hearing ,I should be seeing J LO size asses on stage soon..:D

Someone on here posted a video of Dorian doing a seminar in a gym (I just watched it yesterday) and he said he never did any free bar squats during his entire pro career. He said his primary quad exercise was hack squats because it isolated the thigh better and he could go to failure and beyond. He said free bar squats caused him to use too much lower back and glutes as well as not being able to train to failure.

This IS funny!

Yep, it it totally obvious from the way they train that Bigheinz and Branch Warren don't have a friggin clue about bodybuilding! Other than the humongous striated muscles covering every inch of their bodies, if I ever saw these two working out in my gym, I wouldn't even know they were bodybuilders.

BRANCH WARREN HAS THE ABSOLUTE WORST FORM........HE TRAINS WITH HALF REPS AND EGO TRAINS......WHY NOT FEEL THE MUSCLE AND PERFORM FULL REPS......HE WILL WIND UP GETTING INJURED THE WAY HE WORKS OUT......

i agree with mainevent, he did just get second the o, beating last years mr. o! so obviously he might know something haha

he's blocky as hell......if you like his physique....great......i don't though.

he is shapeless and leaves little to be desired.

he is big......but has no aesthetics.....no real lines......just mass thrown together......that is why bbing is in a bad place now.

the general public can't bare to look at the ugly bodies.

paris, shawn ray, padilla, arnie, pastel, beckles......now those guys were tremendous bbers.....the guys today resemble cattle.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131