over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Tall guys - What did your diet/cycle look like to get over 260lbs

I am 6'2 and was 255 at my highest bw, lean. If you are tall you need lots of food to fill out, if you are tall, young and have fast metabolism, you need to eat nonstop, even when dieting you have to kero cals high. At my highest body weight I ate 8-10 times a day. Breakfast was 2cups oats,banana with whey or eggs, peanut butter, then had 5-6 meal of few cups of rice and chicken,fish or beef, had a shake with carbs pwo and shake with napb prebed, sometimes another whey shake in the middle of the night. 600-800 test with 300-400mg deca or eq no hgh,no slin,no peptides back then.
What's up my friend? I hope all is well with you. I'm a week out of a comp so I'm kindof hungry right now.

I know how it is as I have been drinking 2 protein shakes every single night for about 10 years.

so u were 50+ lbs above contest weight during offseason??? ur cardio/stamina mustve been awful I cant breath worth shit over 280 regardless of bf% or drugs

Yea Im surprised ive lost that much because I was pretty happy with my condition at that weight but I guess I hold a shit ton of water. Ive also been dieting since june so its been a long process. I work with john meadows so he has me training pretty hard my stamina has never been bad I just hold a lot of water.

I know EXACTLY where you guys are coming from! I'm 6'3" 235lbs, 8-9% bf and with a 31" waist. When I was younger, my goal was to get up to 275lbs in shape. I took a few years off from the gym and got up to 305lbs and fat as a mofo!:D I got serious about 5-6 years ago. Got my diet and training together. Once a hit single digit bf, I NEVER want to go back! I LOVE being lean!! I'll see how much size I can put on after my First Cycle.

My nose was itching haha. I stick with high volume because I don't like the stress heavy weights puts on my joints. Yes, I did have to lift heavy for years to build a base. The thing is, I was honestly 265lbs at 29 years old before I started taking stuff. I was built like a lineman, thick but fairly hard. Maybe 20% bodyfat. I personally had to force feed in order to gain weight/muscle. From the time I was 18, I have been making my self eat when not hungry in order to continue growing. It takes a loooong time to fill out a 6'2 or above frame.

I have to agree with queefer on this. looking back, I should have done things differently. The amount of stress being tall puts on your joints is awful. At my highest I was 282 (6'2). My bench was up in the mid 400s raw. If you know much about physics the longer the lever, the more stress on the joint...i.e. being tall. Now in my late 30's I get cortisone shots in my elbows and shoulders just to be able to lift them and put any weight on them now. My style of training has completely changed. My offseason diet used to start out at bout 3000calories a day, and as the weight would stall I would have to slowly increase the calories up to about 5000 per day, until even then after 16-20 weeks I would start leaning out (to a point) on that many calories. My diets for me started at 3000 calories , my magic number for my body, and then over 12-16 weeks would drop to almost 2000 calories. I also noticed with my genetic make up, I had to focus primarily on diet, as too much cardio would just eat my muscle away and produce too much cortisol to loose any fat. Every year I would start with a little cardio and slowly ramp it up, until my weight stalled, when I started removing it again the weight loss would pick up again.

best of luck and protect your body....if its going to take you insane amounts of drugs to get the look you want, it wont be worth it in the long run.

being tall does suck for bodybuilding as all your joints are bigger, a 20" arm on you will never look like a 20" arm on a guy who is 5'8 or even 5'6.
offseason at 280's my waist would be as high as 38" and still see the ab outline.
when I was lean at 245, my waist would get down to 34".

It will take time to put on the size you want, maybe even twice the time. But will all be worth it when standing next to a tiny guy, or as I like to call them, a miniature pony. You will look like a Clydesdale.

Last edited:
What's up my friend? I hope all is well with you. I'm a week out of a comp so I'm kindof hungry right now.

I know how it is as I have been drinking 2 protein shakes every single night for about 10 years.

Thanks for updates, Q. I was checking your log just few days ago, haven't found any updates so was wondering where you have gone lol good to know everything is ok, please let us know how you will do in your competition, Q.

Everything is going well I just got back in the gym this week after a month layoff so have lots of work to do there

You are very big guy, probably have more muscle mass than anyone else here, constant feeding is crucial for keeping all the muscle, average taller guy would do well even with one shake at night lol

I feel kinda short at 5'11'' for some reason, anyway for gaining weight it seems to me you should try to slow down your digestion instead of trying to keep yourself full, as I remember when I was younger I was just pushing the food in one end and it was coming out the other...so why not use orals like anadrol, if that don't slow down your digestion nothing will...anyway it worked for me.

Come to think of it, I only started gaining decent weight when I got married...:rolleyes:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws