over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Tamoxifen any good?

hugostiglitz87

Registered
My Endo has me on tamoxifen with my trt Been taking 20 mg daily I feel like that is to much and it has increased my prolactin levels high. Drop my estro below normal levels. With increased joint pain?

Are there any positive to taking tamoxifen or should I try something if so what?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

My Endo has me on tamoxifen with my trt Been taking 20 mg daily I feel like that is to much and it has increased my prolactin levels high. Drop my estro below normal levels. With increased joint pain?

Are there any positive to taking tamoxifen or should I try something if so what?

None of the conclusions you arrived at on your own make sense. Your serum estrogen is not low from Tomax.

Tamox (Nolvadex) is a SERM like clomid. He's probably got you on it to control estrogen side effects like gyno. Tamox will block estrogen receptors in breast tissue and prevent inflammation and gyno. It will not lower serum estrogen, meaning the free flowing estrogen in your blood. It just prevents some of the sides of estrogen. Thus, your whole body estrogen level is not low. It's more likely to be high.

Now, Tomax can be a good thing because it can prevent the sides of estrogen without negatively impacting your cholesterol. Use of anti ESTROGEN (AI) all the time will tank good cholesterol in most guys. Its not great for the lipid profile. A lot of doctors don't like that. Tomax doesn't have this impact, but it's also not enough for some men who convert more estrogen and need their blood levels lowered by an AI.

Let your Dr try his thing, if blood results show estrogen in range you're lucky. He's probably trying that first. If your estrogen is too high hell put you on an AI (assuming he knows what he's doing). Better off on tomax longterm than an AI. It is just many people need more than nolvadex (Tomax) to hold estrogen in ideal range.

It's unlikely you have high prolactin from TRT dose test or Tomax.

Tldr: you're too dumb to be second guessing your endo. Let him treat you. Ask for blood results of your estrogen levels.

Last edited:
Tamoxifen wouldn't increase your prolactin levels, it would lower it.

Tamoxifen doesn't lower estrogen

Tamoxifen doesn't increase prolactin.

Tamoxifen doesn't increase joint pain.

Raloxifene is better.

Def not dumb so relax its just a question.

I failed to mention I've been with my Endo for years been on tamoxfien for a year and half. I get bloods done every 4 months or so. Recently on this blood work results came back with prolactin high estro really low and my vitamins d was low.

So I appreciate the clarification but with out your shit comments. Its a forum for questions you don't have to comment that simple.

I will post blood work results tonite.
None of the conclusions you arrived at on your own make sense. Your serum estrogen is not low from Tomax.

Tamox (Nolvadex) is a SERM like clomid. He's probably got you on it to control estrogen side effects like gyno. Tamox will block estrogen receptors in breast tissue and prevent inflammation and gyno. It will not lower serum estrogen, meaning the free flowing estrogen in your blood. It just prevents some of the sides of estrogen. Thus, your whole body estrogen level is not low. It's more likely to be high.

Now, Tomax can be a good thing because it can prevent the sides of estrogen without negatively impacting your cholesterol. Use of anti ESTROGEN (AI) all the time will tank good cholesterol in most guys. Its not great for the lipid profile. A lot of doctors don't like that. Tomax doesn't have this impact, but it's also not enough for some men who convert more estrogen and need their blood levels lowered by an AI.

Let your Dr try his thing, if blood results show estrogen in range you're lucky. He's probably trying that first. If your estrogen is too high hell put you on an AI (assuming he knows what he's doing). Better off on tomax longterm than an AI. It is just many people need more than nolvadex (Tomax) to hold estrogen in ideal range.

It's unlikely you have high prolactin from TRT dose test or Tomax.

Tldr: you're too dumb to be second guessing your endo. Let him treat you. Ask for blood results of your estrogen levels.

Def not dumb so relax its just a question.

I failed to mention I've been with my Endo for years been on tamoxfien for a year and half. I get bloods done every 4 months or so. Recently on this blood work results came back with prolactin high estro really low and my vitamins d was low.

So I appreciate the clarification but with out your shit comments. Its a forum for questions you don't have to comment that simple.

I will post blood work results tonite.

Bro, I wasn't trying to be a dick. I was being honest. You're most certainly too dumb to be questioning an endo based on your comment. Let your endo treat you. Your comment showed absolutely zero understanding of what the drugs do in your body or what symptomology would even match up with what root cause. You had zero clue what nolvadex even does in the body. Everything in your post was ass backwards.

Take your free quality advice and a spoonful of tough reality and stop posting now.

20 minutes of basic reading online would have got you more basic understanding of nolvadex, and it's role in HRT, than making a post on a forum full of meatheads.

Last edited:
I appreciate you reply but didn't like how you came off. I was going off my what my blood work showed me. So I was questioning the tamoxfien and I know enough about tamoxfien have read enough different studies and information on it.

Ever since I have been on tamoxfien I have experience joint pain and my prolactin number has increased. So my question wasn't dumb just needed some clarity as to why my blood work was showing this.

My endo is smart but I've seen 3 different endos with 3 different opinions in the last 3 years.So... Ya

And if I'm only on trt and tamoxfien with no history of prolactin issues why is my blood showing these results. That's why im asking for some info. I could asked a better worded question yes.

Simply looking for information to my problem...[emoji869]

My prolactin goes way down on tamoxifen citrate and LH levels goes up !

My dedo sin uno likes it

You've been on Tamo for 18 months, and all of a sudden you get + prolactin, + estro, - Vit. D levels. Decreased Vit D could be the culprit. Talk to your endo about Vit D and its effects on male hormones. A Vit D deficiency in men will cause a decrease in testosterone.

Hey man, yea I’d say tomaxifin isn’t your issue here. Your body will have natural swings in the hormones as things change and adjust over not only months but years, all depending on your starting point. For example I started TRT and had zero estrogen for at least 6 months. Then it came on and now it’s always crazy high, no amount of normal Adex works. Been using tomaxifin and aromasin as of lately, and honestly 20mg ED seems rather up there.... but I don’t see the symptoms you are experience coming directly from its use. Tomaxifin has a 3-5 day decrease, so I don’t see his logic in that dosing honestly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
The last 2 blood test showed this. He didn't check the prolactin before I had to tell him the last 2 labs to check my prolactin levels. But ya my vitamin d was low fersure
You've been on Tamo for 18 months, and all of a sudden you get + prolactin, + estro, - Vit. D levels. Decreased Vit D could be the culprit. Talk to your endo about Vit D and its effects on male hormones. A Vit D deficiency in men will cause a decrease in testosterone.

I started to tamper down to 10 mg to see how I feel and will start from there. I haven't talked to my Endo its crazy hard to get appointment turn around time is 2 months from now to see him. That's why I took my question/concern to the forum.
Hey man, yea I’d say tomaxifin isn’t your issue here. Your body will have natural swings in the hormones as things change and adjust over not only months but years, all depending on your starting point. For example I started TRT and had zero estrogen for at least 6 months. Then it came on and now it’s always crazy high, no amount of normal Adex works. Been using tomaxifin and aromasin as of lately, and honestly 20mg ED seems rather up there.... but I don’t see the symptoms you are experience coming directly from its use. Tomaxifin has a 3-5 day decrease, so I don’t see his logic in that dosing honestly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nolva shouldn't make your joints hurt...but low estro will. Does he have you on an ai as well....or just the tamox?

You've given us a narrative without details.

What was your prolactin and estradiol levels? Any other prescriptions? Any hepatoxic drugs?

Odd.. I would drop the Nolva for 2 weeks and see if it makes a difference. I have had gyno flares more than once when I added Nolvadex so even though the literature leans toward Nolva decreasing progesterone receptors it seems opposite in my body. Odd but true juice stories.

You've given us a narrative without details.

What was your prolactin and estradiol levels? Any other prescriptions? Any hepatotoxic drugs?

•Corrected

Tamo increases AST/ALT.

Yes it can. I should have been a bit more clear by saying --any other hepatotoxic drugs.

It's a shot out of a Canon. Although, in some instances where there's been acute drug induced cholestasis with and without hepatitis can increase prolactin levels. More so it's unlikely this is the cause, tho the individual idiosyncratic response to multiply hepatotoxic drugs, may and can influence sex hormones. Again more than likely this isn't the case. Tho it can/should be considered.

Prolactin can be released under acute phase situations, meaning it can be from a multitude of things, from inflammatory responses, sex, stress, H2 blockers, antipsychotic drugs, thyroid levels, ect.

A savvy clinician should be able to tease out the cause.

Last edited:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828