over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Tanning and looking younger?

BigMatt

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Does being tan make you look younger in general?

I mean in appareance?

It looks pretty. My nose looks smaller.
But I can't help it that I never age.

Till later in life!
Trust me after 25 yrs of concreteing and musky fishing you can start to look like a catchers Mit!

yep, when yr young its hot. when u get older, you will look 10 years older than u are. like me. i was a pretty boy til i hit 40. now 45, i look terrible.
if ida known about mt2 when i was young i coulda spent a fraction of the time tanning and now id look more my age.
i know a few women who never tanned, always used sunscreen. one's my age and she looks 30, another is 60+ and looks maybe 35, no kidding.

Younger? Not sure but it makes you look darker :)

Some may say it makes you look bigger also.
Maybe it's why they rub on tans or spray tan for shows?

Yep. Easy to spot older ppl that tanned regularly when young. Can look pretty gross.

Who said Gross ??? Just a little tethered.
Spf 50 for now on since there is no more Ozone!

Does being tan make you look younger in general?

I mean in appareance?

After you get older and age,,,tanning does DEFINITELY not make you look younger. You may not notice these things in your youth (teens,20's,30's) but eventually you will be able to see the damage that over tanning can cause to the skin.

After you get older and age,,,tanning does DEFINITELY not make you look younger. You may not notice these things in your youth (teens,20's,30's) but eventually you will be able to see the damage that over tanning can cause to the skin.

When I was in my 20's and seeking for "the perfect look", I used to catch the least ray of sunshine and go to the tanning bed several times a week... some beauty spots on my back grew so much it was scary and I had to have them taken off.

Luckily enough there was no melanoma, but such wake up call definitely convinced me to not only slow down at first, but rather quickly afterwards stop for good my quest for the darkest skin possible... it's been many years now, and I've learned to appreciate my pale white skin over time... haha! :p;)

Tan too much when your younger and you will look like a piece of chared leather
when you get older.

Take it from a guy who is 55 and has good skin for my age. Stay away from the sun too much and use sun block. I also apply lotion to my body after every shower. Don't buy the cheap lotion either.

if your in the sun or bright lights and in shape you will look leaner and more defined. The sun and tanning beds early in my life didn't do me any favors....I now have a lot of moles on my back and little brown blotches. Stick to spray tans if you want some color.....

Tanning makes ypu look old. I have to use lotion now. Wish I never tanned.

The tan itself looks good, but the damage it causes is irreversible and will bite you in the ass later in life. Just use some lotion with that self tanner shit in it and your much better off.

If your going to ignore the sun completely it's best to take a Vitamin D supplement though.

I wish I took better care of my skin when I was younger...

The sun is not evil, people just don't respect it. I live life in the Australian sun. I was going to patent the next generation of solarium's, that get around the coming ban on tanning beds in Australia and other countries. But decided I don't want money over causing the next generation of skin cancers, because people will abuse my invention.

My grandfather is 90 years old and spent most of his life working as a concreter, he has amazingly good skin. No skin cancers, only breast cancer, stomach cancer and quad heart bypass. Survived all 3 to be with me grandmother and support her through dementia.

Next comes my mum, his daughter. Tans every day for her whole life, never used a tanning solarium and never lets her self burn. Has skin better than most people in their 20's and she is 63 years old. My mum has always been a gym junkie and is as dark as most people that hit the stage. Had people ask if my mum is aboriginal, that's how dark!

Then there is me, 37 years old and still get asked for ID when I buy alcohol. I get a good amount of sun, but limit my exposure and have a great color.

A bit of sun a day is healthy and if it's done very regularly you can get a decent color, without causing damage. There is more to your skin quality as you age than just sun. Other factors like genetics, diet, caffeine, alcohol, smoking and hydration all come into the equation. Keep exposure to a reasonable and regular amount and you can look healthy for decades. Knowing your skin type and how much sun it can handle is of most importance.

I'm not a big on fake tan, the idea of rubbing chemicals all over my body to enter the system via transdermal absorption will probably one day be found to do more damage than the sun. Hopefully one day the bodybuilding judges will put less importance on color and make it all about the muscles.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws