over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Tanning/Tanning Beds... Safe or Not?

Can I ask who provided you with this information that tanning period is bad? Very curious as to how you reached this as your conclusion...

Yup, and most of those humans were covered with more hair and had darker skin, so lower rates, and they also didn't bake out in the sun trying to get tan. Moreover, you have no idea how many of them could have died from things early in life. Do you have any idea what lifespans were? Your comment is ridiculous and frankly, asinine.

its pretty conclusive that use of tanning beds increases your risk of skin cancer...

Can I ask who provided you with this information that tanning period is bad? Very curious as to how you reached this as your conclusion...

Every credible medical professional I've spoken to or who has written something about it, gov't organizations, medical societies...pretty much everyone. The only people who say that tanning beds aren't bad are people making money off it or people who do it and want to deny the truth so they feel better. UV rays are RADIATION. They cause damage to the cells in your skin in any and all amounts. UV radiation is damaging, all types. Damage to DNA is what causes cancer. Period. IT's really quite simple.

I don't think the people who have responded here opposing your view are actually making money." Here or work for tanning beds.

What about the article I posted? There was credible medical professionals that stated tanning is not as bad as what your making it out to be... Did you read it?

I have met credible dermatologists who have opposed it as you and some that stated that in frequent use is fine.

Then there are doctors who prescribe it people with winter blues or whatever it is.

I think the conclusion here is moderation is key and not abuse. Otherwise we should live in a box and stay away from the sun and beds.

Every credible medical professional I've spoken to or who has written something about it, gov't organizations, medical societies...pretty much everyone. The only people who say that tanning beds aren't bad are people making money off it or people who do it and want to deny the truth so they feel better. UV rays are RADIATION. They cause damage to the cells in your skin in any and all amounts. UV radiation is damaging, all types. Damage to DNA is what causes cancer. Period. IT's really quite simple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't feel like arguing. You will think what you want. Enjoy your tanning.

I don't think the people who have responded here opposing your view are actually making money." Here or work for tanning beds.

What about the article I posted? There was credible medical professionals that stated tanning is not as bad as what your making it out to be... Did you read it?

I have met credible dermatologists who have opposed it as you and some that stated that in frequent use is fine.

Then there are doctors who prescribe it people with winter blues or whatever it is.

I think the conclusion here is moderation is key and not abuse. Otherwise we should live in a box and stay away from the sun and beds.

If tanning in a way that mimics reasonable sun exposure (proper UVA/UVB balance and exposure time), how is it any better or worse than getting some sun?

I'm not sure it's realistic to compare inhaling smoke with UVA/UVB exposure to the skin.

I have tanned before, burned a handful of times throughout my life but nothing excessive. Since using MT2 a few times, I've maintained a darker tone to my skin, but I'd be considered rather fair skinned and I don't get too much sun.

^^ Point is I'm not a tanning junkie or anything but I still don't think it's terrible under all circumstances.

Jeez. You sound like my girlfriend.

I'm just having a conversation with you... Just sayin.

I don't feel like arguing. You will think what you want. Enjoy your tanning.

Well said my friend.

Thanks for the response. We can end it on that :)

If tanning in a way that mimics reasonable sun exposure (proper UVA/UVB balance and exposure time), how is it any better or worse than getting some sun?

I'm not sure it's realistic to compare inhaling smoke with UVA/UVB exposure to the skin.

I have tanned before, burned a handful of times throughout my life but nothing excessive. Since using MT2 a few times, I've maintained a darker tone to my skin, but I'd be considered rather fair skinned and I don't get too much sun.

^^ Point is I'm not a tanning junkie or anything but I still don't think it's terrible under all circumstances.

Jeez. You sound like my girlfriend.

I'm just having a conversation with you... Just sayin.

you just don't understand him.

he is a REAL person, with REAL feelings.. and you just got and STOMP ALL OVER THEM.

it's like you don't even care.

"Evidence that the Sun Protects You from Melanoma

Studies show that those who spend the most time outdoors have the lowest risk of melanoma.2,3,4 This includes a review of more than 50 research papers. It revealed that people who work outside have the lowest incidence of the disease. For example, lifeguards, construction workers and farmers have much lower rates than office workers.5

Another study reviewed all the published research in the International Journal of Cancer. It also showed that people with “heavy occupational exposure” have significantly lower risk.6

A similar study was performed by researchers at the University of Sydney’s Melanoma Clinic. Their results showed that office workers develop melanoma at twice the rate of lifeguards. Those who had the lowest incidence were sunbathers!

Population studies also show an inverse relationship between sun exposure and melanoma. For example, rates of the disease are higher in Minnesota than Arizona. They are also higher in Norway than the South of France.

Then there is the inconvenient truth that melanoma lesions frequently occur on parts of the body leastexposed to sunlight. This includes the soles of the feet, under the nails, on the genitals and inside the nose and mouth.

The evidence clearly shows that those who spend more time in the sun (without burning) have less risk of melanoma. That is quite the opposite of what the anti-sun proponents would have you believe."

Does Sunscreen Cause Skin Cancer?

======================

"Findings on the anatomical site of melanoma from this study suggest a protective role for brief, regular exposure to sunlight and fit with recent laboratory studies that have shown vitamin D to suppress growth of malignant melanoma cells in tissue culture. A mechanism is proposed in which vitamin D inhibits previously initiated melanomas from becoming clinically apparent."

Occupational sunlight exposure and mela - PubMed Mobile

======================

'The results suggest that short-term exposure to unusually intense sunlight increases the risk of melanoma, while long-term constant exposure has no effect or may decrease risk."

Cutaneous melanoma in relation to inter - PubMed Mobile

======================

'"The evidence relating cutaneous malignant melanoma to previous sun exposure is now very strong. Major northern hemisphere studies consistently show increases in melanoma in association with recreational and vacation activities related to intermittent sun exposure. These studies have also recorded amounts of sun exposure from such activities. Several studies suggest an increased risk related to short periods of intensive exposure in early adult life. In contrast, regular outdoor occupation confers a decreased risk in these same studies. "

Melanoma and sun exposure: contrasts be - PubMed Mobile

An asian gal in Australia died from skin cancer using sun bed. Not safe. Not worth the risk.

Zillions of bodybuilders have died from AAS ? so can we say the same too ? Not safe, not worth the risk ?

When it comes to tanning, make sure you sign up for the best bed that they got, I pay 100 bucks a month. but It's worth it, never burns me...

I go twice a week, and I use good lotions before and after, and I'm as dark as Obama.... They call me Rawbama

Zillions of bodybuilders have died from AAS ? so can we say the same too ? Not safe, not worth the risk ?

we are talking about sunbed not fucking AAS. Zillions have died from AAS? Rubbish...

Just because you don't get burned doesn't mean you aren't damaging DNA. I think if a few more of you understood the pathophysiology of cancer and how it develops from repeated DNA damage, you'd be a lot more concerned about any tanning. Yes, I think comparing it to smoking is very valid. Both are known cancer causing agents. UVA/UVB rays are ULTRAVIOLET RADIATION. No radiation is good. It causes DNA damage and potential mutation. This can lead to cancer. People can post all the ridiculous non-scientific articles they want and it won't change my opinion of the basic fact that UV rays damage DNA in your skin. I'm done.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear