over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Tanning

slide

FOUNDING Member
Registered
I did search on "tan" but didn't find too much information, so I'm starting a thread for some info. With "things" that are going on right now, I dont think its feasible to set aside time to go tanning and the weather hasnt been too cooperative for the beach. Ive seen/heard of Dream Tan but figure that stuff is just for shows and only stays on for a couple of days? I was wondering if anyone uses (or has used) a "self-tanning" product that might be beneficial (does that make sense?). Or are these products not really worth it for the avg Joe and the money would be better spent on "going tanning?"

I figured with several bros doing some shows right now, there may be a product that could be of some benefit? Appreciate any info. Thanks

-slide

are you jst wanting to be tan or are you competing? there is a big difference because if you compete most of the dream tan type products are very bronze in color. Mytic tanning is a pretty good option but doesn;t last nearly long enough for my tastes.

Not competing, bro..just wanting to add some color. I saw your threads on the mystic tan, but a friend of mine tried it and said the same thing as you. Its an option at least; maybe Im different. :eek:

-slide

i'd just a get a really good lotion and hit the tanning beds... if you can use one that is all UVA so you don't burn that would be ideal. don't buy lotion at the salon tho http://www.abettertan.com/ then you will see how much they really rape you at the salons. Also a good moisturizer will help you as much as anything.

Well - this is what I'm doing for my upcoming contest. Have a good tan base from tanning bed. 1 coat Pro Tan Friday evening. Dream Tan on in early AM, then touch up prior to going on stage.

I have a tanning bed at home an older commercial WolffSystem SunTana with Bellarium S lamps. My wife nearly left me when I puchased it! It only had 40 hours on it and I paid $400!!! I told her it was a deal I just couldn't pass up. In fact, before I got there to look at it, the seller got a call after mine. The guy told him that he'd pay $900 for it without even seeing it. The seller said no, he has someone coming over to see it - a man with integrity!

xcel

xcelbeyond said:
Well - this is what I'm doing for my upcoming contest. Have a good tan base from tanning bed. 1 coat Pro Tan Friday evening. Dream Tan on in early AM, then touch up prior to going on stage.

I have a tanning bed at home an older commercial WolffSystem SunTana with Bellarium S lamps. My wife nearly left me when I puchased it! It only had 40 hours on it and I paid $400!!! I told her it was a deal I just couldn't pass up. In fact, before I got there to look at it, the seller got a call after mine. The guy told him that he'd pay $900 for it without even seeing it. The seller said no, he has someone coming over to see it - a man with integrity!

xcel

betchya that baby has p[aid for itself many times over by now

lucky those here don't live close by or we'd be frequenting ya to score free tanning sessions,lol

Thanks Saint for the website. Pretty good deals there!

Xcel, that was a hell of deal for that bed. Thats actually not a bad idea, maybe Ill check into it a bit further (although I dont know if I could get a steal like that).

-slide

I have been using Neutrogena Sunless Tan w/ Bronze and it is pretty good stuff. The face stuff sucks IMO though, very hard to rub in but the regular stuff is good to go. Only like $7 a bottle too.
GRIZZ

mystic is too expensive for something that lasts around 3-4days. i just found this website were they are selling the compressor and dha. think im gonna try it out, not too bad for the price compared to paying $10 for mystic tan. **broken link removed**

Have you tried Canthaxathin? I tried it once a long time ago. It gave me a nice tan but it was too orangy for my Liking!! Even my palms were orange. AND my STOOLS!!!

As Grizz said, the sunless tanner sounds like the way to go for your needs. Different ones give you different color tans, so try them all until you find the one you like the most. Just make sure to leave it on for at least 5 hours before you shower. It's almost the same stuff as the mystic tan. I, like Excel, have a bed at the house and use it daily when I jump off the treadmill in the morning. If you plan on tanning for years to come, this is the way to go, and the conveinence is unreal. Good luck, Q.

I've got a good sunless tanner that is made by Banana Boat. Its a spray that works real good, just spray it on and rub it in. Use some latex gloves or wash your hands real good. I cant ever really tan well from the sun as I've got too much Nordic blood or something. Do it once or twice a week and you stay tan, not orange at all. Much cheaper and better than the Mystic tan. I may do the mystic thing again at the end of the month for a fashion show. (Not my main gig, just helping out a friend)

Slide

If there is a booth at your gym, why not tan after you lift?... 20min, 3-4 x/ week will get you some good color, even if the bulbs really suck!

-Randy

Re: Slide

homonunculus said:
If there is a booth at your gym, why not tan after you lift?... 20min, 3-4 x/ week will get you some good color, even if the bulbs really suck!

-Randy

Hey bro, as luck would have it, there are no booths at the gym I work out in (mil. base). :(

-slide

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members