over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Taser for home defense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also the most important part is guns are really fun to shoot and this is America. If you want an old machine gun you can get it with the right paper work. Tommy guns, uzi, etc. Also becaus it’s the US You can get a gun illegally if you need as well. Ha Used to work with a guy that sold them.

The average American has literally no chance in their lifetime of ever using a gun in self defense.
The chances of being in a violent crime is so minuscule and the chance of u being the gun-wielding hero is even more slim.
Anyone who says any different hasnt looked at the data.

I suggest putting a sign in your yard that says "I don`t own any firearms". You will need one very soon after that, LMAO!!

The average American has literally no chance in their lifetime of ever using a gun in self defense.
The chances of being in a violent crime is so minuscule and the chance of u being the gun-wielding hero is even more slim.

BTW, no one mentioned where they have lived or live haha so im assuming most here are middle-class living in decent areas.
If you told me you were living in a bad area of Chicago, i would get it. But you dont.

The insurance excuse doesnt apply too. You drive a car then your chances of getting into a car accident in your lifetime are pretty high. ENORMOUSLY high compared to being in a violent crime. If you buy flood insurance its because you live in an area that is frequented by floods, therefore statistically more likely than the violent crime. It's simple data.
I'm sure lots of people have said that to themselves, until it happens and they are unprepared , but hopefully still alive , it's always someone else , until it happens to you

I was held at gun point about 15 yrs in houston at a gas station in west rd near hwy59 . Had my glock 23 in my car trunk (no ccw license at that time). During the actually robbery I remember thinking fuck I have gun but it's useless in my trunk. I had to get on my knees and give the guy my wallet. Then was told to drive him to to the ATM. That's when I made a dash for it, running a zig zag pattern calling out for help. The guy just stood there in shock and then fled..he actually thought I was going to get in my car and drive him to an atm and possible be shot and killed. I got back in my car and attempt to run the fucker over but he got in a get away car a block away and i was in hot pursuit with 911 on the line, but they were able to duck me out in a dark neighborhood.

Right after that incident I got my.ccw license for texas and now NC. Just thinking back that whole situation was scary, just glad i didn't have friends or family with me because I probably wounldnt of been about to run away like I did. Anytime I go in a high crime area or just get those hairs standing up on my neck I makes sure I'm carrying my glock. I won't be caught with my shorts down like that again.

I was held at gun point about 15 yrs in houston at a gas station in west rd near hwy59 . Had my glock 23 in my car trunk (no ccw license at that time). During the actually robbery I remember thinking fuck I have gun but it's useless in my trunk. I had to get on my knees and give the guy my wallet. Then was told to drive him to to the ATM. That's when I made a dash for it, running a zig zag pattern calling out for help. The guy just stood there in shock and then fled..he actually thought I was going to get in my car and drive him to an atm and possible be shot and killed. I got back in my car and attempt to run the fucker over but he got in a get away car a block away and i was in hot pursuit with 911 on the line, but they were able to duck me out in a dark neighborhood.

Right after that incident I got my.ccw license for texas and now NC. Just thinking back that whole situation was scary, just glad i didn't have friends or family with me because I probably wounldnt of been about to run away like I did. Anytime I go in a high crime area or just get those hairs standing up on my neck I makes sure I'm carrying my glock. I won't be caught with my shorts down like that again.
Scary stuff. I think you handled it about the best way possible. I do think getting in the car with him like that could have ended very badly for you.

If Tessa had a gun, maybe she would still be alive today instead of getting carved up by teenage boys in a park. https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/olivianiland/tessa-majors-stabbing-death-arrest

I think teenagers are more dangerous than adults these days.

Glad it worked out well for you. I wont take a piss without my Glock 19 on me. When i drive, i carry my Ruger LCR .357 on my ankle. I like Glock cause there is no external safety to mess with.

If firearms is an issue in your communist state ( besides the fact if you actually had to use it in self defense, legally, you would be dragged through the system ) If you can afford it, get a well trained guard dog.
Firearmslegal.com is a service that provides legal counsel and protection in the instance that you might have to use your weapon in self and home defense. I've researched them and I'm satisfied they will cover my ass if need be. As far as the guard dog, I'm sure one would be great however I have concerns that there might be problems with my older son who is autistic, affectionate, enthusiastic and doesn't understand just how strong and intimidating he can be to people and animals. At this point I trust a firearm over a guard dog, especially because the gun would be locked up at all times.

Firearmslegal.com is a service that provides legal counsel and protection in the instance that you might have to use your weapon in self and home defense. I've researched them and I'm satisfied they will cover my ass if need be. As far as the guard dog, I'm sure one would be great however I have concerns that there might be problems with my older son who is autistic, affectionate, enthusiastic and doesn't understand just how strong and intimidating he can be to people and animals. At this point I trust a firearm over a guard dog, especially because the gun would be locked up at all times.
Theres a few good legal services to use but most important, do not speak to the police before you lawyer up. If you are forced to defend yourself, your family, just say your having trouble breathing etc you request and ambulance. As far as dogs, theres many diff breeds that are very good with children regardless. I see a dog as the first line of defense, even barking can deter a possible situation. JMO brother

Tasers aren’t legal in jersey anyway, even for LE..
As said before, 12guage.. I like the tactical barrel (18.5”) for home defense.
Also prefer birdshot with a choke in my home. U can b all set up for $250
I have kids...00 buck will go right thru their bedroom walls

When my son was very young, i tore down the sheet rock in the exposed walls of his bedroom as well as mine. Filled in between with sandbags about 6 feet high, replaced sheet rock. My son has been trained in the proper use and maintenance of firearms since he was 9-10 yrs old. I think that is extremely important if anyone plans to keep firearms in the house, regardless of safe. Same thing goes if your married or live with your girl. Take them shooting, train, take the fear and mystery out of guns. Its just a tool.

Someone's breaking in your house and you're going to worried about getting your hearing protection?!
Better have those safety glasses nearby too. It’s funny what people think about whilst talking about a life or death situation. “Rack the pump” that will scare em. If someone is brazen enough to break into your home with you there, SHOOT THEM. The only thing I’m doing is flicking the safety off and putting a bunch of #7 into your ass. I shoot multiple disciplines weekly and still honestly think how I’m going to react god forbid that day ever comes. All you can do is practic, practic, practice.

As of 2018 the stun gun ban in the state of NJ is legally unenforceable as it was declared unconstitutional by the courts. THe only restriction is if you are caught with one under the age of 18 it will be confiscated, but there are no legal ramifications for carrying one.

BTW, no one mentioned where they have lived or live haha so im assuming most here are middle-class living in decent areas.
If you told me you were living in a bad area of Chicago, i would get it. But you dont.

The insurance excuse doesnt apply too. You drive a car then your chances of getting into a car accident in your lifetime are pretty high. ENORMOUSLY high compared to being in a violent crime. If you buy flood insurance its because you live in an area that is frequented by floods, therefore statistically more likely than the violent crime. It's simple data.
And winning the lotto yields even a smaller chance yet millions of people spend billions chasing that unicorn. I have guns because my wife and I enjoy spending time at the club shooting the shit while shooting shit. It’s fun. I guess a bonus is I have an extra layer of protection on me in case the improbable happens which it does more than people think and will get worse IMO before it gets better. My biggest beef is people who buy them, carry them, yet never shoot it let alone practice. There’s lots of this type of gun owner which is a huge negative. Your odds are still better of getting killed by a shitty driver staring at his cell phone than even a negligent gun owner.

The first thing people overlook in their home security is the levels of penetration you need.
Everyone automatically assumes that all of the sudden there is gonna be a bad guy in your home wanting to kill you and rape you dog. He should have first had to gotten through a couple other barriers first.
#1) invest in some motion activated light and preferably a camera. In most cases this will cause a criminal to look for as easier less secure target.
#2) Next should be a secure locked door and windows with sturdy physical locks , this will take a significant amount of effort for the criminal get into your home.
#3) a decent security system that is both very loud and allerts local authorities. When a criminal suddenly drawn this much attention to themselves they will not stick around because the element of surprise is gone.
NOW , if a criminal has decided that getting past there barriers to get into your home is worth the risk then they are likely willing to cause you bodily harm and this is where your personal defense tools come into play.
All of these previous barriers work FOR you by deturing a criminal and alerting you to their presence AND if something tragic does happen and you have to shoot someone then your defense can prove that you went above and beyond to prevent a deadly confrontation.
Now onto the order of what weapon you need to have in your home for protection and this is directly related to the level of training you have in CQB , building clearing and communications.
Most people have little to no formal training (under 2000 rounds on a dynamic course is little to no training) and you are likely to end up getting yourself into deep shit.
Look at your house and see what the longest range of engagement is likely to be , typically it's under 10 feet. At 10 feet with a shotgun the pattern is only going to be maybe 2" so it not a "scatter gun" anymore and you are just as likely to miss than you are with a carbine or pistol. A shotgun is also WAY bigger than a pistol making it much easier to get tangled up and taken away from you.
A quality pistol with a quality weapon light is your best option for home defense , it can easily be manipulated with one hand leaving the free hand for the cell phone talking to 911 dispatcher. A 9mm with a quality prefragmented bullet will out a target down very quickly with near zero chance of over penetration or ricochet. The 9mm is cheap to shoot so you are more likely to practice more.
The biggest thing you need to understand is that if you decide to clear your house and go looking for the threat that WILL be used against you when it goes to court. You may easily be exonerated on any criminal charges but you will likely ve sued in civil court for "wrongful death" where you will be looked at as a trigger happy gun nut and the criminal will be made out to be a choir boy that was just mislead.

The biggest thing you need to understand is that if you decide to clear your house and go looking for the threat that WILL be used against you when it goes to court. You may easily be exonerated on any criminal charges but you will likely ve sued in civil court for "wrongful death" where you will be looked at as a trigger happy gun nut and the criminal will be made out to be a choir boy that was just mislead.
He was a good boy, a gentle giant. He had a hard childhood.

Better have those safety glasses nearby too. It’s funny what people think about whilst talking about a life or death situation. “Rack the pump” that will scare em. If someone is brazen enough to break into your home with you there, SHOOT THEM. The only thing I’m doing is flicking the safety off and putting a bunch of #7 into your ass. I shoot multiple disciplines weekly and still honestly think how I’m going to react god forbid that day ever comes. All you can do is practic, practic, practice.
The only time ive ever used eye / ear pro was in training. Ive multiple deployments. I agree with the hollywood rack sound effects as well. Your primary should be condition 1 at the high / low ready. Split seconds matter. Look at the recent church shooting as an example. The first good guy was killed by the shotgun blast AS HE WAS DRAWING HIS FIREARM. He was just a split second too slow. Cost him his life. I also advise, if your carrying a pistol ( most likely IWB holster ) as your home, practice drawing, dry fire, rack the slide. Keep your weapon in front of your face when racking or reloading. Thats your work space. Never down low which takes your eyes off the target then you must re aquire JMO

The first thing people overlook in their home security is the levels of penetration you need.
Everyone automatically assumes that all of the sudden there is gonna be a bad guy in your home wanting to kill you and rape you dog. He should have first had to gotten through a couple other barriers first.
#1) invest in some motion activated light and preferably a camera. In most cases this will cause a criminal to look for as easier less secure target.
#2) Next should be a secure locked door and windows with sturdy physical locks , this will take a significant amount of effort for the criminal get into your home.
#3) a decent security system that is both very loud and allerts local authorities. When a criminal suddenly drawn this much attention to themselves they will not stick around because the element of surprise is gone.
NOW , if a criminal has decided that getting past there barriers to get into your home is worth the risk then they are likely willing to cause you bodily harm and this is where your personal defense tools come into play.
All of these previous barriers work FOR you by deturing a criminal and alerting you to their presence AND if something tragic does happen and you have to shoot someone then your defense can prove that you went above and beyond to prevent a deadly confrontation.
Now onto the order of what weapon you need to have in your home for protection and this is directly related to the level of training you have in CQB , building clearing and communications.
Most people have little to no formal training (under 2000 rounds on a dynamic course is little to no training) and you are likely to end up getting yourself into deep shit.
Look at your house and see what the longest range of engagement is likely to be , typically it's under 10 feet. At 10 feet with a shotgun the pattern is only going to be maybe 2" so it not a "scatter gun" anymore and you are just as likely to miss than you are with a carbine or pistol. A shotgun is also WAY bigger than a pistol making it much easier to get tangled up and taken away from you.
A quality pistol with a quality weapon light is your best option for home defense , it can easily be manipulated with one hand leaving the free hand for the cell phone talking to 911 dispatcher. A 9mm with a quality prefragmented bullet will out a target down very quickly with near zero chance of over penetration or ricochet. The 9mm is cheap to shoot so you are more likely to practice more.
Also, any modifications done to your gun will likely be used against you in court. Having " Molan Labe ' etc eched into your weapon wont win you points in court.

Taurus judge loaded with .410 shells.

Easy to wield, and with the short barrel the shot pattern will we wider than a long barrel shotgun.

Point to center mass and empty the pistol.

I have a SPringlield armory xds that i shoot every weekend.

But I’m a redneck who was killing squirrels at 6yrs old, and some competitive shooting for hobby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear