over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Tattoo healing

Cinder

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
My tattoo artist told me to use coconut oil for tattoo healing instead of aquaphor or a&d.

I'm thinking this was bad because the whole thing has thick scabbing. It's looking fine where scabs feel off but this is way more scabbing then I thought. It's been since Sunday that I was tatted but I was scabbing days after.

I don’t use anything other than H2Ocean soap and cream..

Best I’ve ever used and ive got 2 sleeves, 2 rib pieces and even my entire armpit tattooed...

I scab pretty quickly, my last 2 pieces healed completely within a week when usually it takes about 10-12 days for it to be completely clean/healed.. For me in the past at least..

Last edited:
Also sleeved here and never heard of the coconut oil method- although I do know every artists seems to have their own idea of after care.

I might just be lucky, Ive used simple unscented lubriderm years ago without scabbing up.

My tattoo artist told me to use coconut oil for tattoo healing instead of aquaphor or a&d.

I'm thinking this was bad because the whole thing has thick scabbing. It's looking fine where scabs feel off but this is way more scabbing then I thought. It's been since Sunday that I was tatted but I was scabbing days after.

Also could be due the ink used or if he went a little deeper than usual. I always have used aquaphor, coconut should work as well

I don’t use anything other than H2Ocean soap and cream..

Best I’ve ever used and ive got 2 sleeves, 2 rib pieces and even my entire armpit tattooed...

I scab pretty quickly, my last 2 pieces healed completely within a week when usually it takes about 10-12 days for it to be completely clean/healed.. For me in the past at least..

So no aquaphor. What cream.
Immediate cream

Also sleeved here and never heard of the coconut oil method- although I do know every artists seems to have their own idea of after care.

I might just be lucky, Ive used simple unscented lubriderm years ago without scabbing up.

I do have some cetaphil

This is just beginning of sleeve.
Id like to avoid for the next sesh.

I literally can't lift cause of it. Not pain just stiff
scabs.

This is just beginning of sleeve.
Id like to avoid for the next sesh.

I literally can't lift cause of it. Not pain just stiff
scabs.

My guy told me that most artists overthink it, as long as I keep it lubricated, shouldn't have problems. Now I dunno what changes color vs black or what not as all mine are black.

So no aquaphor. What cream.
Immediate cream

The H2Ocean cream...

It comes in a whole kit... A simple google search and it should pop right up lol

The H2Ocean cream...

It comes in a whole kit... A simple google search and it should pop right up lol

exactly. This is what me and my girl use.

I have arm tats, full back and chest tats. She's also tatted up and we go with this.

To the OP, no offense man, but you should have had this BEFORE you even had your first appointment at the shop. I handle my tats the same way I cycle, I have everything on hand before it even begins.

Anyway, good luck with healing up.

Tattoo goo kit or the unscented Burt's Bees lotion. I have a full sleeve and multiple other tattoos. Those have always worked well for me.

exactly. This is what me and my girl use.

I have arm tats, full back and chest tats. She's also tatted up and we go with this.

To the OP, no offense man, but you should have had this BEFORE you even had your first appointment at the shop. I handle my tats the same way I cycle, I have everything on hand before it even begins.

Anyway, good luck with healing up.

This shop tells people coconut oil not anything else

Fuck all that shit. Rinse it and wash with mild soap when you get home. Let it dry and then cover with tegaderm film(get it from amazon) leave on for 36 hours and then wash. It will peel almost completely by the next day. Best, fastest, and easiest healin I’ve had

Last edited:
Each artist has their own methods, as do each member posting in the thread. I never found a difference in healing time or quality when using A&D vs aquaphor. For my sleeve and both rib tats I used aquaphor for the first 2-3 days till scabs appeared and then switched to unscented lotion. Check out saniderm for your next addition.

unscented lotion would be my recommendation. Ya gotta let the tattoo breathe and with all that other stuff ya smother it. .02

Fuck all that shit. Rinse it and wash with mild soap when you get home. Let it dry and then cover with tegaderm film(get it from amazon) leave on for 36 hours and then wash. It will peel almost completely by the next day. Best, fastest, and easiest healin I’ve had

I did 16 hours and 2 days eat session is giant areas

I did 16 hours and 2 days eat session is giant areas

I swear to God Cinder if you don't post a pick of them..! :banghead: lol

Come on bro post up!

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member