YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Tattoo's are the norm!? Tattoo's and stigma about them gone? they enhance or detract from the physique?

Fit2Serve

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I guess i am just conservative and still have not had a tattoo. i dont really know many if any people my age (mid 40's) or younger that dont have a tat.
i never got one cu was afraid it could detract from my symmetry in bbing. is that a false thought? cuz we see em so often now..
can all tats be overlooked or do some truly harm the flow of a physique?
i think of Colum Von Mogger (or whatever his name is) recently got a full sleeve! i would NEVER do that if my body was making me $$$
What do you guys think?
are tats even a big deal anymore?
is their still a stigma about them?

(if the pic loads, that is Christmas Abbott popular fitness and cross trainer gal, makes her money off her physique and athleticism and is covered in tats)
shes a good example of a cute next door pretty gal but covered in tats
-F

Tats have been a main stream thing for going on 20 years I would say. People don't even notice a new one anymore or at least as much as they are so common. Many pro's have them. Seems like less people are getting them the last few years to me.

I’m not against them, but I don’t think they enhance your look for fitness purposes.
9/10 people I know have them.
Never got one, never will.

They are the norm now, if you don’t have one between age 18-40, it’s rare.

No hate on them, but for a fitness model , I don’t think it would be beneficial.

I’m not against them, but I don’t think they enhance your look for fitness purposes.
9/10 people I know have them.
Never got one, never will.

They are the norm now, if you don’t have one between age 18-40, it’s rare.

No hate on them, but for a fitness model , I don’t think it would be beneficial.
completely agree.
i go to say a water park with my wife and kids (my kiddos r under 11 years old) and i look around and we r literally like the only people i see without tattos. 16 yr olds and up seem to have em!?
i own 2 business's and will prob never work for someone else ever again but i STILL think i'd wanna cover em up for work etc... and i mostly work from home lol
so prob wont ever get a tat. MAYBE wedding rings tatt'ed. that has come up...
-F

Years back if you had sleeves or a lot of tats you have done time. You were looked at as a criminal or ex con. Now it’s the opposite people with lot’s of tats and sleeves n neck tats haven’t done a single day in jail.
Me, I’ve always been afraid they wouldn’t look good on me. Some people look awesome and some just hell no! So I don’t want to be a hell no!

tattoos depend on the tattoo and the artist

some people have tattoos that make them look like a fool, some have tattoos that look amazing

usually forearm, sleeve, always well done

chest pieces? google "chest piece tattoo" there area. few good ones, and many that make the torso and chest look horrible If they are too bold and don't flow right. seen many pics online of average, fit, and muscular guys who get their chest tatted, and for various reasons it makes it look like tits, or their chest too big. usually when they outline the entire chest. also stomach tattoos and look great, or go horrible. usually a lighter "see through" light wash black and gray will add to physique, but something bright colorful will look foolish.

back tattoos almost always look good. the "jailhouse" simple stuff usually looks good, but when you get into the hyperrealism the tattoo looks great but looks weird on the body, esp torso

People can feel free to do whatever makes them happy in their personal lives. If you want tattoos, God bless you, go get 'em. If you don't, like me, then God bless you, don't get them. In the grand scheme of things, and in our everyday lives, it pretty much doesn't matter.

However, speaking strictly from the perspective of aesthetics in bodybuilding, I feel that tattoos detract from the aesthetic, symmetrical look of a classic physique. Think back to any of the classic physiques of the past: Eugene Sandow, John Grimek, Steve Reeves, Bill Pearl, Larry Scott, Frank Zane, Serge Nubret, even Arnold...not a single tattoo among them, and for good reason.

A classic physique is like an Ancient Greek or Roman statue, perfect in it's clean lines and symmetrical and aesthetic appeal. Think of the Farnese Hercules or Apollo Belvedere, classic examples of an idealized physique, whether more bigger and more muscular, or slimmer and leaner and more graceful. Putting a tattoo on a classic physique is like spray-painting graffiti on one of those classic statues. It mars the clean lines and detracts from the overall aesthetic appeal of the physique.

Tattoos are a passing fad; they will go in and out of fashion as the years and centuries go by. Get them if you like them, don't get them if you don't like them. But purely from a bodybuilding perspective, I think a hundred years from now, people will be looking back on present day bodybuilders, and very few of them will be held up as an example of a classic physique, tattoos or not. Bodybuilding today is just a freak show. I like a good freak as much as anyone, but it's not a classic physique that will be remembered years from now.

I've put more than enough needles into my body to get where I am, for better or worse. I don't need anyone using more needles to put designs on the outside of my body. Enough is enough.

But do whatever makes you happy.

completely agree.
i go to say a water park with my wife and kids (my kiddos r under 11 years old) and i look around and we r literally like the only people i see without tattos. 16 yr olds and up seem to have em!?
i own 2 business's and will prob never work for someone else ever again but i STILL think i'd wanna cover em up for work etc... and i mostly work from home lol
so prob wont ever get a tat. MAYBE wedding rings tatt'ed. that has come up...
-F

Tattoos are super normal now man, even neck, head and face tattoos lol... I’ve seen people working manager jobs with face tattoos lol and no, not at a tattoo shop lol...

But it’s becoming widely accepted and less taboo, especially down here in MIA where I’m at...

I own a business as well so don’t have to worry about covering up but I don’t cover them up (I have full sleeves) when I meet people for business and it’s never jeopardized anything...

As for modeling, even that has become a thing, tattoos and beards and long hair etc there’s a whole genre of models for that, and they’re with some high end model agencies as well...

I think the sleeves and hand tattoos every other fitness influencer has these days are pathetic. It's not edgy or tough, it's "cringe", as the kids say nowadays. I think these fellas will look as silly as the guys who jumped on the tribal tattoo or chinese character bandwagon years back. It's actually conformist now, not the opposite, as they may think.

i dont have a tat prob wont get a tat ever BUT i dont see those tats distracting from her at ALL lol
-F

for some reason my pics r showing up. this is christmas abbott a crosfit diet book chick. tatted up
-F

^ That woman is hot as hell, crazy ass, but her oversexualized image is disgusting to me, pretty much showing her butthole to the world.

Yea that’s Bakhar Nabieva, she’s gorgeous with an incredible body and ass, but it’s kinda true what you say in a sense of looking at her seriously.... But I feel that has a lot to do with her low self esteem and need for attention... Which is probably why she wears those stupid blacked out contact lenses that make her eyes look like demon eyes or something like that...

I know tons of girls like that, they’re a dime a dozen where I live and I have yet to meet ONE that is super confident in herself and intelligent etc... And you’d think, some of these girls make a shit ton of money from their advertising and some have OnlyFans accounts, but they’re uneducated in finances and they literally blow it all on stupid shit lol

Different answers for different things. For a competitor of course they will detract from your physique but it all depends upon the tattoo(s). A top current competitor would be an idiot to get covered in tattoos. You can mask/cover them but it detracts from your physique. Now an odd tattoo is different but a whole chest piece or sleeve is far too much. Many get them after they have retired and that is different. Now for someone on social media there are no rules. There are tattoo models who make a lot of money because of their tattoos. There are a few clothing/fitness brands that use inked models.

Many fitness celebs are covered in tattoos and it makes no difference to their success. I like tattoos but there is a new age type of guy and they all have the same type of tattoos. Lot's of them have angel and other religious tattoos and they aren't even religious. It's just all for show and many are covered on their necks/faces etc. Obviously just do what makes you happy. I wish I could get rid of my 2 tattoos on my left and right arm. The first I was 17 and I would love it to disappear. The 2nd not so bad but still I wish I didn't have it. Now the last tattoo I got was more recent and I love it and it's on my hand...

I read that both the Rock and Vin Diesel have intricate fake stubble tattooed into their scalps.

I was born and raised on the east coast. When I moved to California everyone has tattoos. So much. I think society as a whole at least over here is more accepting of it.
Once your tanned up I don’t think a tattoo will take away from you on stage. But for modeling then they could take away from you.

vin diesel needs a tattoo that says "dadbod" lol

My bud used to go to the club he worked at in New York. Diesel was a coat-check boy, not the doorman. He also is about 5'9" tops, so must wear big lifts everywhere.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131