YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Tattoo's are the norm!? Tattoo's and stigma about them gone? they enhance or detract from the physique?

Awesome tattoo elvia

I really like contrast. You expect a bodybuilder to be fully shaved and baby oiled, but when he has tats or piercings or a Mohawk or something, just looks less 1-dimensional IMO. Same thing when I see someone with a very conservative look, but you can see a bit of tattoo poking out of a sleeve or neck collar, I love that kind of polarizing look. I do think certain placements will detract from an actual bodybuilding competition though, my inner arm separation is almost completely non-visible through the dark ink.

With that said, Rich Piana designed most of his tattoos to flow with each body part and make it look bigger/smaller (his waist corset, and the spiderwebs on the shoulders being prime examples), Jerry Ward purposefully didn’t have his inner biceps done for the same reason (I suspect the Rock did the same).

I have zero tats or piercings, but that's namely just because I'm a 36 year old square lol I just had zero interest in getting one.

Yes it depends on what they're covering and how 'distracting' they are. Plus tats can be a way of hiding imperfections, it's sometimes very difficult to tell any detail under certain tats. As much of a Dorian fan I am, I even feel some of his smaller tats covered up too much detail. Occasionally they can enhance it if you use a good artist and pay lots of money, but most don't do that lol I imagine I'm biased by not having any, I'm sure most guys who have them and compete don't see anything wrong with them but I personally feel they CAN be distracting.

i dont have a tat prob wont get a tat ever BUT i dont see those tats distracting from her at ALL lol
-F

The minute I see those tattoos on a woman, it is a turn off for me. When I started in the AAU competitions, they use to penalize for having tattoos.

Not many know this here but I´m a huge fan of the female posterior chain :) and when I see a tattoo on a glorious pair of glutes I can´t help but dislike it, on the other hand, when I see a tat such as the one Elvia has / posted I do appreciate the artistry and think it looks awesome, I just don´t think it would look awesome on me. The only instance I might consider ink is to cover up some damage like Stallone did with his injuries / veins.

The thing that puts me off getting tats is that my body has changed so much in the last 10 years. If you have a sleeve and add an inch to your arms, doesn’t that make it change shape?

Might be a stupid question but I’ve always been curious about that

I don't think I would ever get one, and never liked them, especially on women. What was once a statement of individuality is now so commonplace it's a self parody IMO. Whenever I go visit Hawaii and see the bloated tattooed mainlander tourists it makes me I'll...☹️

When I was younger (the 80s) and a hard core SE skinhead, people only had tattoos if they wanted to mark some meaningful event. Something usually criminal, but also of course occasionally music based.Tattoos were illegal in MA back then.

Now that I'm in Japan I see loads of tattoos as my gym allows Yakuza (extremely rare), though they have to cover them up when on the floor. Tattoos will make your life difficult here as it's a symbol of criminality. I respect yakuza irezumi as they have significance.

IMO they damage the appearance and presentation of the physique.

My bud used to go to the club he worked at in New York. Diesel was a coat-check boy, not the doorman. He also is about 5'9" tops, so must wear big lifts everywhere.

The REAL "coolers" at clubs are incognito like that... If the shit broke out, the Vinster would have definitely put a stop to it, Roadhouse-Patrick Swayze-style ... ;)

-S

I guess it all depends on what you like. I don’t care for them or have any. I won’t date a woman no matter how great she might look if she has a full sleeve or something crazy. It’s just my preference.

I’ll chime in.. I’m mid 30s, no issues with tattoos, I chose not to get any. Never had the desire.

I went to the ER a month ago, and the on call Dr had sleeves down onto the forearm, or it could have been a forearm tattoo? In any case, they were covered, but when he reached toward me his shirt pulled back enough that I saw them.

I was NOT cool with this. I definitely started to judge this guy solely off the tattoos. After talking with him during his multiple trips to my room, I gained more trust. I don’t think that’s the vibe a dr should be giving off.

Tattoos hide definition in my opinion. Especially on the tricep.

I’ll chime in.. I’m mid 30s, no issues with tattoos, I chose not to get any. Never had the desire.

I went to the ER a month ago, and the on call Dr had sleeves down onto the forearm, or it could have been a forearm tattoo? In any case, they were covered, but when he reached toward me his shirt pulled back enough that I saw them.

I was NOT cool with this. I definitely started to judge this guy solely off the tattoos. After talking with him during his multiple trips to my room, I gained more trust. I don’t think that’s the vibe a dr should be giving off.

Your post reminds me of this pic that went viral a few years back;

Judging someone based on tattoos is kinda ridiculous, in my opinion...

I know plenty of doctors who’ve gotten sued for malpractice who are clean cut with no tattoos or “stigmas” attached to them...

I also know plenty of doctors, nurses, lawyers, fire fighters, business owners, investors/entrepreneurs etc who are covered in tattoos who are extremely successful.

As a matter of fact, the most successful people I know in life and finances never finished school (some dropped out and others came from 3rd world countries) and have tattoos or have something to do with what society would deem as “taboo”... And I’m talking about 7-8 figure A MONTH people... Not some 100k a year guy who lucked out on a good job..

And virtually every single person I know who’s clean cut, no tattoos (because what kind of job/future can you have with tattoos, right? 🙄) and went to university to get their Masters etc are ALL struggling with finances and finding a career/job to pay off their student loan debt and complaining about their life lol...

I’m not saying you’re in any of these categories, just sharing my personal experience with this stuff...

Attachments

• 0AA277E8-1109-4F82-8C1C-A4721D6C95C8.jpeg
    0AA277E8-1109-4F82-8C1C-A4721D6C95C8.jpeg
    492.6 KB · Views: 36
Appearances also still matter a lot, I'm afraid. Right or wrong, they do. "Don't judge a book" yada yada yada, obviously that's the right thing to do, but the truth is most are going to judge you at least somewhat based on your physical appearance, at least initially. We're a very visual based society.

So your judging him not based off his look but not based off him as a person or skill set? Sounds like people who talk about body builders. Not being mean, I get it. I have a full chest piece and sleeve and am a buyer for a very large retailer so I get the same thing when I am in meetings and some people look at me like I am crazy. I think its funny, doesn't bother me one bit.

On that note, I think people who get Tatts like myself at the time maybe want to be unique but lets face it, having 0 now is more unique. Nothing more annoying when someone comes up to me and says "I am getting a tatt" or "Hey look at my tatt" cause I have them they think I want to look at them....I usually reply "Tatts are for sinners" and walk off

who would get tattoo's..... i mean probably the same guys that would take those steroid things... ;)

each to their own. Smile, nod and do what ever the fuck you want :)

LOL THIS. I was going to say something, but then held back cause I didn’t wanna ruffle feathers. But I’m surprised at the amount of conservative intolerance on this subject here. A message board full of open drug users, injecting themselves with cattle and livestock hormones, where members regularly drop dead or have heart attacks from said drug use and lifestyle..... I would think would be some of the most open-minded people to alternative lifestyles? Maybe not.

side tats on chicks are THE hottest. tats that go from the ankle, up the side of the leg and twist around the sides and up the back..
godam. one i knew had a dragon from her calf up to her shoulder. another had full leg tats.....
i used to give myself tats when i was in middle school. it was the 80's.
i'd scarify myself too with curse words. i had issues.

I don't mind tattoos, but I don't have any, nor the wife. I actually like them on a woman, but it just depends as some look good in them, and others look better without them. If I was living back in the viking era, my woman and i would probably be tatted:D

I don't mind getting sleeved, but i'd have to wear a long-sleeve shirt with my profession, and I get too damn hot to fuss and worry about that shit. I literally only wear short sleeve shirts...though I also live in Cali. Still, if i lived somewhere colder, they'd just have they G-damn heater full blast and i'd still sweat to death:(

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws