YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Tattoo's are the norm!? Tattoo's and stigma about them gone? they enhance or detract from the physique?

I have 2 arm sleeves, stomach done, both sides(ribs), and back done. They dont take away from my physique at all in my opinion. I get compliments all the time on the quality of tattoos I have. Ive spent over $30K, and well worth it. I wont say who I went too, but my 3 artists weren't cheap. $250-300/hr. My back alone was almost $15K. For the most part, I think I am done. Would like to get a neck tat, but not sure what I would even want. Plus that is a very bold statement getting a neck tat. My wife is also pretty tatted. Both arms done, back completely done, and some on her legs/hips/ankles. She also works in the medical field and she doesn't get looked at any different. I know years ago, tats were frowned upon, but its pretty normal having them now.
My nieces are 19 and 21. My sister, and both her daughters all got matching tats this year.

Appearances also still matter a lot, I'm afraid. Right or wrong, they do. "Don't judge a book" yada yada yada, obviously that's the right thing to do, but the truth is most are going to judge you at least somewhat based on your physical appearance, at least initially. We're a very visual based society.

I am muscular, tatted, and have a mohawk. Ive never been treated or judged any different. If anything, I got treated better. People always come up to me and compliment my artwork, especially if Im at the beaches in Miami, or the pool parties in Vegas.

next time your in the gym check out how many "bro's" have tattoo's and a beard. everyone looks exactly the same. its laughable. i thought following fads was for high school kids.

It's the modern masculine look, it's what the most females are attracted to. Not saying it's right or wrong it's all opinion, but if a man wants as much ass as possible it's his best bet, along with being on the skinny but fit with some muscle but not too much. A beard also can hide the "aged" look that men get past 30 which bodybuilding can accelerate. Probably in the future the popular look will change, anyone's guess what comes next lol.

I am muscular, tatted, and have a mohawk. Ive never been treated or judged any different. If anything, I got treated better. People always come up to me and compliment my artwork, especially if Im at the beaches in Miami, or the pool parties in Vegas.

And that's great, you have no reason to defend yourself. I think society, in general, is getting away from immediately judging appearances (at least with someone with just a lot of tats, etc). However, you're probably going to looked at a little different in places like Miami and Vegas as opposed to Amish Country, Pennsylvania. My point still stands, however, that many people are still going to make an initial judgment about you based on your appearance; how you dress, your demeanor, the way you walk, how you carry yourself, etc.

It's all relative.

For bodybuilding/fitness: no, completely distracts from your physique. Isn't it important to see the definition/striations in BB?... and then you go ahead and get a sleeve from shoulder to hand making it impossible to see your lines even though you are ripped. Just no. A small one in a place with less importance like the forearm or calve I guess would be ok. Wait with the tats until you are done competing.

Daily life: go ahead, knock yourself out. A few classy tattoos on a female body can actually enhance her looks and a guy can get some cool ones too. Personally I am not a fan of large tats or sleeves, it just looks dirty to me, like they haven't washed that particular area for some time. On a girl I like to see her skin. If it's covered in a sleeve it just looks weird.

Culture: you have the different groups of people (street gangs, tribes) that have certain tats to show who they are/status. This is not new either. The Vikings were covered from from top to toe in ink. Old scribes from the middle east that were visited by Vikings described them as very fit/muscular people completely covered in ink.

I don't have any myself, just never had the need and never will. I don't need to make a statement, be trendy or show my past trauma on my skin. But I have no problems with tats, people can do whatever they want with their bodies.

It's the modern masculine look, it's what the most females are attracted to. Not saying it's right or wrong it's all opinion, but if a man wants as much ass as possible it's his best bet, along with being on the skinny but fit with some muscle but not too much. A beard also can hide the "aged" look that men get past 30 which bodybuilding can accelerate. Probably in the future the popular look will change, anyone's guess what comes next lol.

It is a generation thing more then anything. To the older generation, it is a different story. Of course speaking as a 60 year old, most of the stuff we frowned upon is now normal for the younger generation. Not to offend anyone, but I like my generation better. I seen a lot over my years and currently don't like where this world is heading.

https://www.primandprep.com/do-wome... 25 to 34 find,to 44 find beards unattractive.

Last edited:
"Wait 2 years between tattoos"

This was the advice my brother gave me when I was young. Reasoning behind it is that the feeling of receiving a Tattoo and the excitement leading up to it can be addicting and this will lead to regretful tattoo. Something seems like a good idea at time the but given time and the mind may likely change.

It is a generation thing more then anything. To the older generation, it is a different story. Of course speaking as a 60 year old, most of the stuff we frowned upon is now normal for the younger generation. Not to offend anyone, but I like my generation better. I seen a lot over my years and currently don't like where this world is heading.

https://www.primandprep.com/do-women-like-facial-hair-survey-results/#:~:text=Women 25 to 34 find,to 44 find beards unattractive.

I definatley agree that I like past generations more, society is regressing. One good thing I see less guys wearing chains, necklaces, bands on wrist than I did 5 years ago so it looks like that fad is out of style. The tribal tattoo has been out of style for a good 10 years, that was a big thing. The Japanese sleeve was popular 5 years ago, now not so much in style. I also see less of those huge things people put in their earlobes, so maybe tattoos in general will pass as well.

"Wait 2 years between tattoos"

This was the advice my brother gave me when I was young. Reasoning behind it is that the feeling of receiving a Tattoo and the excitement leading up to it can be addicting and this will lead to regretful tattoo. Something seems like a good idea at time the but given time and the mind may likely change.
Tattoo's are addicting, can't fully explain it. Most of the process hurts. Least painful places I've found are outer forearm and outer upper arm region. Most painful places for me, wrist, more so underside, closer to palm feels like straight 🔥 and love handles. I know people that don't have complete back pieces because of the pain. I've sat for some 4-5 hrs sessions on my back and I'd come home with my body in shock. Told myself when my back was finished that I was done, or at least for a while...yeah ok, unfortunately the pain still doesn't deter me and I hated going to my tattoo appointments for my back. Think of a bad sunburn, that's how a tattoo feels afterwards. I've spend the last 5 or so years going to the tattoo shop every couple months to get work done. I'm 36, got my first one at 18, second at 19, ive had both covered up.

Best advice to not regret a tattoo, dont get one on a budget, no wall art, no catalog art, must be custom. I have at least $5-6000 in ink between my back and arms but probably closer to $8000. My artist charges $130/hr. All work custom. Reference pictures are only that, they will not copy, uniqueness brings more satisfaction/happiness with tattoos.

a couple tips

1. don't find a great tattoo on google and take it to an artist who is lesser or does a different style and think he can make something "almost as good"

2. Laser. If you get some light gray tattoo, yes you can get it removed pretty easily (think a faded gray rose). if you get red, color, traditional, its permanent.

3. chest piece - watch getting a full chest piece, it may end up looking like your wearing a bra or have tits. small tattoos on chest and text always look fine

4. no you don't need to skip your next workout (germaphobes might be scared of the germs thats a different issue). no you really don't have to care for them, I never put shit on my back because I can't rech back there to put balm on it, healed fine. just don't get scratched by your dog on it you'll be good, no need to baby them.

. no you don't need to skip your next workout (germaphobes might be scared of the germs thats a different issue). no you really don't have to care for them, I never put shit on my back because I can't rech back there to put balm on it, healed fine. just don't get scratched by your dog on it you'll be good, no need to baby them.
Yep, I quit caring for my tattoos years ago. I've used lotion, tattoo goo, doesnt seem to make a difference. Anywhere I get heavy shading, essentially blacked out, it will scab and I will lose ink, so I don't bother. I also don't skip lift days. Get back worked on, on a Saturday, bench Monday. I will say, benching with a fresh back tattoo is painful and most likely won't be able to focus and lift as much.

I'd post a pick but because my tattoo is on social media and one of a kind, I'll refrain.

I always try an avoid breaking up muscular lines. I have a peice paying respect for my Fallen Brother in Arms that I placed on my Trap. It really can't be read unless I am sitting down but it is important for myself. The Rose in the middle of the pec doesn't disrupt the sternum insertion which is very important esp for side poses. This is why imo chest peices are a horrible idea. The rose by my neck pretty much ends were the front delt starts to pop so it doesn't smother the lines in a most muscular pose.

This was the goal at least... hopefully it worked more rather than less. Screenshot_20201225-233505_Gallery.jpg

a couple tips

1. don't find a great tattoo on google and take it to an artist who is lesser or does a different style and think he can make something "almost as good"

2. Laser. If you get some light gray tattoo, yes you can get it removed pretty easily (think a faded gray rose). if you get red, color, traditional, its permanent.

3. chest piece - watch getting a full chest piece, it may end up looking like your wearing a bra or have tits. small tattoos on chest and text always look fine

4. no you don't need to skip your next workout (germaphobes might be scared of the germs thats a different issue). no you really don't have to care for them, I never put shit on my back because I can't rech back there to put balm on it, healed fine. just don't get scratched by your dog on it you'll be good, no need to baby them.

sweat is enough for an infection trust me... depends where the tattoo is. one on the back of my legs got infected. This was not the tattooist fault but my own. Not being able to wear loose clothes and going to the gym for a few days. was not good and did not do any favors for the tattoo.

5:50 mark regarding Patrick Moore having his tats removed
-F

a couple tips

Kind of agree with this but not really. I'm dipped in ink and one on my face. I've had a couple get infected cuz I didn't keep em clean. And the one on my face healed fine even after not caring for it for a few days as I was riding a Harley across America high on meth. So its a mixed review for me. I'd say keep em clean, a little lotion just to be safe.

If you really want to be a rebel and stand out as "different".... don't get a single tattoo. I only know of a handful of people under 50 who don't have at least one. That said, I have seen some VERY sexy chicks that look amazing with the ink.

a couple tips

Number 4 is the worst advice you can give anyone that gets a new tattoo. You need to keep it clean, and wash with dial anti bacterial soap/water, and fresh wash cloth for at least a good week. And you need to keep it from getting dry and/or scabbing, and or workout and let sweat get into. I always used Aquafor. If it starts scabbing, you'll ruin the tattoo. I spent too much money on my ink, to have it ruined from being careless. I put Aquafor on my back, by myself. And no it wasn't easy, but I did it.

Number 4 is the worst advice you can give anyone that gets a new tattoo. You need to keep it clean, and wash with dial anti bacterial soap/water, and fresh wash cloth for at least a good week. And you need to keep it from getting dry and/or scabbing, and or workout and let sweat get into. I always used Aquafor. If it starts scabbing, you'll ruin the tattoo. I spent too much money on my ink, to have it ruined from being careless. I put Aquafor on my back, by myself. And no it wasn't easy, but I did it.

I used to do this, but with over 10k in work maybe 20 I can say it didnt matter for me one bit. I actually had one I hated after getting it, purposefully neglected it to make it heal worse hoping it would laser off easier and not be as bright. Healed flawlessly. Maybe small script a scab might destroy it. Also never did much after getting torn up by laser never any infection etc.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws