YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Tattoo's are the norm!? Tattoo's and stigma about them gone? they enhance or detract from the physique?

a couple tips

1. don't find a great tattoo on google and take it to an artist who is lesser or does a different style and think he can make something "almost as good"

2. Laser. If you get some light gray tattoo, yes you can get it removed pretty easily (think a faded gray rose). if you get red, color, traditional, its permanent.

3. chest piece - watch getting a full chest piece, it may end up looking like your wearing a bra or have tits. small tattoos on chest and text always look fine

4. no you don't need to skip your next workout (germaphobes might be scared of the germs thats a different issue). no you really don't have to care for them, I never put shit on my back because I can't rech back there to put balm on it, healed fine. just don't get scratched by your dog on it you'll be good, no need to baby them.

Ill agree and disagree with some of this...

I know people who have to absolutely care for their tattoo every second or it’ll come out like shit... For me personally, my first sleeve (one I want to laser off to be faded enough to get a badass coverup) I got when I was 18 and thought I knew what I was doing etc and the artist was terrible lol the tattoos healed just like the artists work... All my other work, done by award winning artists, all healed amazing with minimal care on some of them...

I have heard that as well about color tattoos being harder to laser off, thankfully I’m a black/grey kinda guy lol so that sleeve I want removed is coming off soon...

And for #3, did you mean someone only getting a full chest piece with no sleeves or anything?? Because if you’ve got sleeves or other work it looks badass in my opinion.. I’ve got both ribs (one side my whole armpit down to my hip) and both sleeves, I’ll be doing a small piece on my hand (not covering full hand but doing one on the side of my hand and one on my palm) and I’m going to work on ideas for a full chest piece. My artist does all my work custom, with the exception of the portraits I have done because they’re portraits but the background on them is all custom... My chest will be full custom art of I don’t know what yet lmao 😂

If you go to someone truly good, and I mean like internationally famous good, you can get the kind of tattoo even people who dislike them will be impressed by or appreciate.
There's artists out there that it takes over a year to get an appointment with them. Most people can't afford designer ink or don't deem it worth the money and unfortunately it shows.

I am muscular, tatted, and have a mohawk. Ive never been treated or judged any different. If anything, I got treated better. People always come up to me and compliment my artwork, especially if Im at the beaches in Miami, or the pool parties in Vegas.
I think a big determining factor in how a person with tattoos will be treated is where they live. Someome living in Miami is going to be treated different than a small town in Indiana. The age of the people you deal with each day is going to be a factor too.

Number 4 is the worst advice you can give anyone that gets a new tattoo. You need to keep it clean, and wash with dial anti bacterial soap/water, and fresh wash cloth for at least a good week. And you need to keep it from getting dry and/or scabbing, and or workout and let sweat get into. I always used Aquafor. If it starts scabbing, you'll ruin the tattoo. I spent too much money on my ink, to have it ruined from being careless. I put Aquafor on my back, by myself. And no it wasn't easy, but I did it.
Aquafor? I knew a dude who did kitchen tattoos and he recommended a+d ointment. I was still young at that point, didn't know much, those tattoos healed like shit, of course the ink was shit too but my current artist, who is absolutely awesome says ointments like a+d suffocate them and they need to breathe, can't see how aquafor would be any different.

I work construction, sweaty, dirty, covered in saw dust, never one infection. Lotion or no lotion, black out my tattoo, it will scab and I will lose ink. Setting the ink too deep can destroy the skin causing scarring and a good loss of ink, along with over working the skin. A good tattoo artist does a lot more than just draw pretty pictures. Took me a few tattoos to figure that out.

My artist also warranties his work for life. A little scabbing and lost ink, all I gotta do is stop in his shop and he'll touch it up.

I used to do this, but with over 10k in work maybe 20 I can say it didnt matter for me one bit. I actually had one I hated after getting it, purposefully neglected it to make it heal worse hoping it would laser off easier and not be as bright. Healed flawlessly. Maybe small script a scab might destroy it. Also never did much after getting torn up by laser never any infection etc.

I guess everyones body reacts differently for healing purposes. I just think its kinda stupid to sit in a chair for 7-8hrs, get a $2000 tattoo, and not care for it afterwards so it doesnt get ruined. Even the artists goto great lengths, to make sure you leave them with the proper knowledge to care for your tattoo afterwards till it heals up. I mean, it technically is an open wound.

If you go to someone truly good, and I mean like internationally famous good, you can get the kind of tattoo even people who dislike them will be impressed by or appreciate.
There's artists out there that it takes over a year to get an appointment with them. Most people can't afford designer ink or don't deem it worth the money and unfortunately it shows.

I had to wait almost 2 years for one of my artists. She was well worth the wait. She was $250/hr, 6hr minimum session. The other he was $1500min per session, no matter if it was 4 or 5 hours, and $250/hr afterwards.

You can spend alot of money very easily. If you know who 6ix9ine is? That controversial rapper. I was watching a show on him, and he said he has spent $75K on his ink. He is full of shit. His ink is horrible. He may have paid that much, and probably just took care of the artist, but there is no way, his ink cost that much. His is horribly bad..

Moral to our stories, take care of the tatt! Don't listen to qbkilla, either he has no ink or he's just an idiot. Take care of it especially if you're going to drop a lot of bread on it.

I think the location and size can definitely affect someone's physique. I have 2, upper back and side delt/upper bicep. I notice that the striations in my upper delt are a little harder to see compared the the other side that doesn't have a tattoo. Wouldn't change anything about that tattoo though.

Moral to our stories, take care of the tatt! Don't listen to qbkilla, either he has no ink or he's just an idiot. Take care of it especially if you're going to drop a lot of bread on it.

Lol your right i Wish I bought some of richie bulldogs magic aftercare balm at 20 a bottle so they would have healed right and wouldn't have rubbed off on my gym shirt 🤣🤣

Years ago tattoos were considered a no no if you were doing bodybuilding shows because they interfere with the separation lines. I still believe anyone with a tattoo is at a disadvantage because of this.

It’s all personal preference. Me personally love tattoos and I’m covered in them. Not just lil individual ones, but full coverage from my neck line, across entire chest, down both arms. For reference I’m 42.

There’s still plenty of discrimination against people with tattoos. My boss is one of em and doesn’t care for me due to my tattoos. He was totally cool and friendly with me for the first few months. My tattoos are covered with a long sleeve shirt. So he never knew I had any until he walked outside and saw me changing out of my sweat logged shirt. He made a comment of all my tattoos and even said only drug addicts and derelicts have tattoos to the extent of mine. I just steer clear of him since I gotta good gig goin on. But I don’t get the negative outlook on tattoos that he harbors... He is from the Mississippi Bible Belt though... To each their own, but I dig em!

Cage

It’s all personal preference. Me personally love tattoos and I’m covered in them. Not just lil individual ones, but full coverage from my neck line, across entire chest, down both arms. For reference I’m 42.

There’s still plenty of discrimination against people with tattoos. My boss is one of em and doesn’t care for me due to my tattoos. He was totally cool and friendly with me for the first few months. My tattoos are covered with a long sleeve shirt. So he never knew I had any until he walked outside and saw me changing out of my sweat logged shirt. He made a comment of all my tattoos and even said only drug addicts and derelicts have tattoos to the extent of mine. I just steer clear of him since I gotta good gig goin on. But I don’t get the negative outlook on tattoos that he harbors... He is from the Mississippi Bible Belt though... To each their own, but I dig em!

Cage
I do think tattoos are so common now that people are no longer judged for having them. I just turned 50 and only have one tat on my shoulder. Part of me wants to start getting a bunch at 50 by idk lol

I do think tattoos are so common now that people are no longer judged for having them. I just turned 50 and only have one tat on my shoulder. Part of me wants to start getting a bunch at 50 by idk lol

Mid life crisis.😂😂😂

I think it is different now but a few years ago I was told at a national NPC qualifier by the head judge, That if 2 competitors were tied they would give it to the guy with less tattoos. They also said there is a difference between what is tasteful and what is over the top! (on stage) I was told by other judges that a busy arm sleeve takes away from definition. Probably the taste of the judges too.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws