over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Tax money well spent....

gooey

Featured Member/Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
loox like the ol big bro is doing more for our country. The importance of the investigation of what Barry Bonds has done is very important, and some other players. I feel much safer and knowing my tax money is well spent on these investigations, they seem to help with these nasty athletes that use performance enhancing drugs. Hey forget about the war, the people dying, the reasl drug problem we need to know wtf barry bonds has used!!
gooey

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/5456420

at first i thought this might be a thread about using your tax refund to buy juice.

As has been stated before, this is about the almighty dollar. Selig has to make a decision, not about Bonds, but about the bad press MLB has received and the subsequent loss of the major corporate sponsors, period. The primary sponsor has already said it is "distancing" itslef from MLB because of the "drug problem". So what is supposed to happen, pretend it is not there. Drugs are drugs, they are illegal, and to the average MLB fan, are just as bad as rec drugs. And to the fundamentalists, even worse, because they feel betrayed about their sport not being "pure", like it or not. IMO, it is Selig doing everything he can, including asking for the help of congress, to clean up his sport. You can look everywhere and see tax dollars being wasted, but I don't hear many bitching about Orin Hatch's brain trust for nuclear waste disposal, that cost the US money to the tune of $8 billion...and that plan was specifically brought before congress and they were told expressedly, this will not work.:confused:

!berserker said:
at first i thought this might be a thread about using your tax refund to buy juice.
HAHA! Funny!

Its such bullshit actually; the accusations against Bonds may (allegedly) show drug use BEFORE the sport banned it. So it doesnt prove an offense against the sport or its rules, not whatsoever. He competed under the sports guidelines. Its again all about being 'politically correct', fueling the gossip about what is 'right' in some assholes judgment. Selig is the asshole-if it shows steroids were a problem back then (before the rules banned steroids)then the powers that be (the comissioner) should have done something about it long before. So the comissioner and baseball management will be proved to have responsible for the injustice - the athletes did not cheat at all, under absolute specific guidelines set by MLB.

The primary sponsor has already said it is "distancing" itslef from MLB because of the "drug problem".

And who may this be, I ask?:confused:

I could care less if Barry Bonds hits a BILLION home runs, but what I don't get is why our govt. is so damn worried about it. Why cant they do something about the fact that I am paying $3.00 per gallon for gas?

Bank of America is the sponsor...I believe.

The whole thing is ridiculous...Mung makes great points...but when someone steps back and looks at the whole situation...great you're investigating...now what? What are you going to do with your findings? Wipe out all the record books? Suspend the current players who used but the players who have since retired don't receive a punsihment? The whole thing is a dog and pony show. Never confuse activity with achievement. The whole thing centers around one man. He is about to beat the record of records and now everyone is up in arms. But when McGwire and Sosa obliterated Maris' record...everyone ignored what was right in front of them. Now that the soptlight is on an individual who writers and fans don't like its time to take a stance...what a joke. A stricter testing was instituted, its time to move on. There is no good, from any point of view, that can come from this investigation.

JBK, great thoughts and you are exactly right...never confuse activity with achievment. Unfortunately as much that goes on in the hallowed halls of congress, most of it is a dog and pony show. The one small difference between what is going on right now and what happened at the time of Sosa and McGwire is the documents involving BALCO. Good, bad or indifferent, they are real and they are out there. But yes, at the end of the day, who cares and why not leave it up to MLB.

Yes, BoA is the sponsor, they are one of my clients and they are getting itchy by all the press.

The most money comes from TV rights. Tv pays ALL sports more than anyone therefore the biggest sponsor are the fans. period.:D

These corporations pour millions of dollars into professional sports pockets every year. The Century21 Home Run Derby...you think its cheap to have your name attached to such an event year after year? That TV revenue is paid by these sponsors...without commercials, there would be no sports on television...pretty simple. So while you think your $35 ticket pays everyone's salary...think again...these corporations keep professional sports alive and well.

Bingo!! They pay ths advertisement to get the money from us. We give them money for their services or whatever. Don't think we don't pay for it. If they weren't making money they wouldn't use that median for advertisement. Hell we even pay for every stadium thats built, too. If it wasn't for the consumer pro sports would not exist as it does.

those are some incredible generalizations. We do NOT pay for all stadiums, some stadiums are 100% privately funded, some funded by tax payers and private funds, some 100% publicly funded. But in a capitalist food pyramid, you are right, we do pay for the products being advertised...but the corporate sponsors CHOOSE to advertise...I guarantee you MLB covets their reltionship with Bank of America more than their relationship with Big-Al on professional muscle.

THe funny thing is is EVERY SPORT uses something...and you cannot say that they do not...

HELL CHINESE SWIMMERS in the 88 SOUEL OLYMPICS...they were brick sh*thouses...and that was the WOMEN...eventually testing positive.

I say leave them be...they are not promoting to children...the more the media and gov push the issue, the more kids are going to want to try them. It was better to keep it behind closed doors...why expose it and have kids learn about it and say SH*T I am going to try that...you think all these negative ads are making kids not smoke weed hell no kids are smoking all the time...now they are learning more about performance drugs and saying hell I can take that...

I have a good friend that owns a nutrition store...and the amount of kids coming in and asking about performance drugs has more than tripled in the past months.

Your exactly right Steak and gooey, that is just the point i was making in a round about way. This investigation; we are paying for; The best thing to do would be for the media to get off of their high horses and shut their yappers. If anything should be done it should be what goes on here, people need to be educated about things and not have scare tactics used on them.

I think that all pro's in any sport should be allowed to use drugs. Fans dont want to buy a 100$ ticket to see a slow or boring game. They want to see some excitement. Pro sports are an entertainment business. The sooner people realize this the sooner people will lay off dudes like Barry. He is a paid entertainer. There is nothing sportsmanship about it!!!

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131