over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

tax return

qbkilla

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
The dead line is coming up so im going to go ahead and file. I have been putting it off because I have played with tthe turbotax soft ware, im going to owe about 700.

Single guy, two jobs, I can only claim about 200 bucks i spent on student stuff because im in the education field (i dont have reciepts though, will i get audited?LOL).

Any advice what software to use? Ise one cheaper (than turbotax?)

Will one actually get me more money?

My taxes are pretty simple, i can only claim that $200 but again i dont have reciepts so not sure if i should? I guess it willl only mater if i get audited anyway.

The software is free to use online. Go to the H&R Block website. Just be sure to keep clicking that you do not want to use any of the paid services.

Taxact.com has always worked for me in the past. I use an accountant now but they were good when I did my own. After getting Audited back in 2013 I went with the professionals.
Luckily for me I made estimated tax payments quarterly last year so when I filed I didn't owe much. But the fucking health insurance is killing me. It was all good till i got married. Now i pay mine, hers and the kids. I do believe its cheaper being unmarried. God I miss the days of getting money back.

The only reason you will get more money back when comparing two programs is either from user error/fraud, or the software itself being incorrect.

Always makes me laugh, the same tax law is applied regardless of what software you use.

It is extremely unlikely you will get audited.

The dead line is coming up so im going to go ahead and file. I have been putting it off because I have played with tthe turbotax soft ware, im going to owe about 700.

Single guy, two jobs, I can only claim about 200 bucks i spent on student stuff because im in the education field (i dont have reciepts though, will i get audited?LOL).

My taxes are pretty simple, i can only claim that $200 but again i dont have reciepts so not sure if i should? I guess it willl only mater if i get audited anyway.

I use turbo tax every year. I did some research on these programs and they all are pretty good. Turbo tax is great for people with simple returns. Like you and I. Plus it saves your returns for years and offers audit protection. And I've claimed plenty of stuff that I didn't have receipts for. I may have been able to pull old credit cards to prove it if needed but the amount I was claiming was nothing the IRS would want to waste their time looking in to.

I say use turbo tax. Claim your $200 and if from some far out chance they ask for proof just you no longer have the reciepts, sorry and move on. Trust me they have bigger issues than your return.

Taxact.com has always worked for me in the past. I use an accountant now but they were good when I did my own. After getting Audited back in 2013 I went with the professionals.
Luckily for me I made estimated tax payments quarterly last year so when I filed I didn't owe much. But the fucking health insurance is killing me. It was all good till i got married. Now i pay mine, hers and the kids. I do believe its cheaper being unmarried. God I miss the days of getting money back.

1400.00 cheaper to be single.

I get them done professionally now. I have no time and no patience for dealing with a tax return and unless you're up to date on the rules you'll get hosed. You can certainly trust the software but it is blind trust.

I always use turbo tax. This year it showed if owe a little money, so I tried h&r block. Same info ended up getting me some money back.

I used to volunteer to do tax returns for those under certain income thresholds, but the tear I bought my house I was getting the first time home buyer credit, I had charitable stuff and grad school tuition, so I had someone do mine... When he got done and I got home a reviewed everything, I could tell something was off, he missed several deductions so I took them back to him for a refund and now I just do them on my own with turbo tax... I did try H and R block but for whatever reason is calculated a little less than turbo tax. I have no idea why.

ive used turbotax for 4 years now. its so easy. tho this year i fucked up, forgot to list a bunch of sells. i dont care, my chance of getting audited is so low.
what made me use it is, i spent 200 bucks having a service do it. i looked over the monitor at her program, and it was.....turbotax. slightly different, but still turbotax. 200 bucks.

The only reason you will get more money back when comparing two programs is either from user error/fraud, or the software itself being incorrect.

Always makes me laugh, the same tax law is applied regardless of what software you use.

It is extremely unlikely you will get audited.

agreed, I have used hr block for about 12 years now with no issues, paid 20 bucks to do it online, compare that to paying someone 250-300 to do it for ya, if I had an overly complicated return I would go to a professional but I do not, I once went to hr block to have it done and the guy was using the same software that I used online, he was up to charging me 240 bucks and was not even finished so I told him forget it, took my stuff and left.

You should get a much better deduction using the standard deduction. 200 isn't much to itemize. I'm not sure what the standard deduction is for single but surely it's much higher than that. Turbo tax will walk you through it.

Use turbotax. And don't forget you can write off job seeking expenses and all other sorts of things you might not have thought of.

Use turbotax. And don't forget you can write off job seeking expenses and all other sorts of things you might not have thought of.

Love turbotax, but completely forgot about that particular expense for job seeking. I recently handled a friends and he has paid at least $300 in the last year on LinkedIn memberships.

only paying out $700.00? lol, ill trade you!!

If you're in a tax bracket where you are paying taxes then you'd be better served finding an actual tax accountant to do your taxes. I found a good one this year that was able to cut what I owe and found mistakes that HR Block made on last year's taxes. The kicker, he was $40 cheaper than HR Block.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws