over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Teen night at the gym

but its better than kids gang banging and doing drugs or drinking!
Y’know, this is a very valid point tbh
Jesus - what madness are you guys having to deal with.

Perhaps I retract some of my previous statement 🤐
dude I rotate through 3-4 gyms due to this.

One I will only go to in a certain window guaranteed to have the lowest count of broccoli boys, because they’re all setting up tripods and taking off shirts to film 25 lb curls in a fucking Flying V formation as a squad, blocking all the dumbbells

What happened to playing sports? When I was a kid I played a sport. Looking at these kids though I can't see them playing or making a team, it's like these are the gamer kids they literally look like middle schoolers. I doubt any of them are actually growing it seems like their just in there hanging out. The ones lifting are all on the cables doing kickbacks between talking. No squats or deads or rows. When I started I at least found a few forums and knew that you needed to do compound lifts. I guess they are all following Mike Israetel and menno and making sure they hit their volume landmarks and using the juggernaut rpe RIR scale masterfully so their RIR are correct according to evidence based science 😂

What happened to playing sports? When I was a kid I played a sport. Looking at these kids though I can't see them playing or making a team, it's like these are the gamer kids they literally look like middle schoolers. I doubt any of them are actually growing it seems like their just in there hanging out. The ones lifting are all on the cables doing kickbacks between talking. No squats or deads or rows. When I started I at least found a few forums and knew that you needed to do compound lifts. I guess they are all following Mike Israetel and menno and making sure they hit their volume landmarks and using the juggernaut rpe RIR scale masterfully so their RIR are correct according to evidence based science 😂
Very good/valid point. Never thought of that. I don’t see many of them playing sports either where I’m from. Looking at the physiques (not that I have a choice - shorts so short I can almost see balls and no shirt) I don’t see many athletic looking kids. I guess that’s a very judgmental comment but it’s the truth.

A lot of guys here love to use the term beta male and complain about the state of "manhood" today. Not in this thread but others. I understand the annoyance of the equipment being occupied but isn't it a good thing that these kids have found their way to the gym? They may be misguided as far as their routine goes and need guidance so steer some of them in the right direction, give some of them your time and help pass the torch! When I joined at 16 in 1985 the guys at the gym showed me how to do things properly. They appreciated that I was trying and mentored me in the gym. I do this today and work with a bunch of younger guys in the gym for free. It's a good group. Several of these guys are in the 160's and went from squatting 185lbs to over 400lbs in just over a year. Their bench and deads have jumped leaps and bounds too! It feels good to have younger people want to learn the "old school" way.

I go at 5:30 AM, so none in there at that time. But our gym owner had to hang signs about "keeping your shirts on at all times" because I guess the after-school crowd rolls in.
Flex, take their shirts off, take selfies, etc. (Everything but proper f'ing training).

Hilarious generation of morons we got these days in that age-group.
We have one 16 yr old who comes in the AM with his Ma. He is sort of a flexer, but his Ma trains him properly. And he's a nice kid.
She's a Powerlifter and stronger than most men in the gym, so she makes sure he behaves and trains correctly (and learns)...

He's also a broccoli-head, huge Pompa-doo...

Take the good with the bat I guess. With so many kids and even adults having their face stuck to a digital device it's probably a good thing seeing more of them coming to the gym and doing something physical.

I will say this though. At least in some of the gyms I go to that are all under the same franchise There are a lot of younger women really getting after it compared to males their age.

A lot of guys here love to use the term beta male and complain about the state of "manhood" today. Not in this thread but others. I understand the annoyance of the equipment being occupied but isn't it a good thing that these kids have found their way to the gym? They may be misguided as far as their routine goes and need guidance so steer some of them in the right direction, so give some of them your time and help pass the torch! When I joined at 16 in 1985 the guys at the gym showed me how to do things properly. They appreciated that I was trying and mentored me in the gym. I do this today and work with a bunch of younger guys in the gym for free. It's a good group. Several of these guys are in the 160's and went from squatting 185lbs to over 400lbs in just over a year. Their bench and deads have jumped leaps and bounds too! It feels good to have younger people want to learn the "old school" way.
My personal issue would just be time. I try and be in and out in 1 hour, otherwise it's a struggle to get in proper sleep. I may have to change gyms to a less crowded gym because I don't have 2 hours to wait for equipment.

I think in general the resources are out there online if they want to train properly, they just have so much ig bs now days the few kids who are serious and will last need to sort through it.

At my gym there's 2 types of people, those who keep to themselves get in and get out. Then the social butterfly types. The ones who would likely interact with them she socialize with them are the one's who are in the gym just to be there where the serious guys who they could learn from are there to lift then go home. I guess the solution would be a paid trainer but the ones at my gym aren't very good

It can be a love hate thing.

I was once there, it’s a new exciting potentially lifelong journey that they may embark upon.

We’ve all gone through silly fads from cutting the sleeves off our gym shirts, to wearing beanies at the gym because we saw a photo of frank McGrath doing it, to just spending six hours doing chest.

Be kind, show your scars and share your lessons to enhance their learning if they are curious about it.

🤷‍♂️
Very well said 👏 in my gym it's the same way. Do I like it? Of course not. But it's not because they are high schoolers. It's just the gym is super packed. I would feel the same if it was 80 year Olds. But they pay membership like we do so live with it.

Me as a dad I rather have my son there than in the streets doing God knows what. Which thank god my son is not that way. He works out in his school gym then home all day playing video games with his friends online. And his a straight A student in 9th grade so I'm happy.

And I hate when people talk shit about kids playing video games all day. Because I remember growing up doing the same thing.whats the harm in that?

A lot of guys here love to use the term beta male and complain about the state of "manhood" today. Not in this thread but others. I understand the annoyance of the equipment being occupied but isn't it a good thing that these kids have found their way to the gym? They may be misguided as far as their routine goes and need guidance so steer some of them in the right direction, so give some of them your time and help pass the torch! When I joined at 16 in 1985 the guys at the gym showed me how to do things properly. They appreciated that I was trying and mentored me in the gym. I do this today and work with a bunch of younger guys in the gym for free. It's a good group. Several of these guys are in the 160's and went from squatting 185lbs to over 400lbs in just over a year. Their bench and deads have jumped leaps and bounds too! It feels good to have younger people want to learn the "old school" way.
Exactly bro same thing with me when I was a teen.they helped me.some of the comments here are so out of place it's a shame.

My personal issue would just be time. I try and be in and out in 1 hour, otherwise it's a struggle to get in proper sleep. I may have to change gyms to a less crowded gym because I don't have 2 hours to wait for equipment.

I think in general the resources are out there online if they want to train properly, they just have so much ig bs now days the few kids who are serious and will last need to sort through it.

At my gym there's 2 types of people, those who keep to themselves get in and get out. Then the social butterfly types. The ones who would likely interact with them she socialize with them are the one's who are in the gym just to be there where the serious guys who they could learn from are there to lift then go home. I guess the solution would be a paid trainer but the ones at my gym aren't very good
I agree it’s time for me that I have the biggest issue. Because of that we did exactly what you suggested. We now go to a way less equipped gym that is very small just to get away from what you described that happens at your gym. Sometimes it stinks not having access to more equipment, but it’s awesome to get in and out in a hour and feel like I had a better workout as I’m always chasing a pump.
I don’t know how bad the situation is for you at your gym personally but it was well worth it for us.

Very well said 👏 in my gym it's the same way. Do I like it? Of course not. But it's not because they are high schoolers. It's just the gym is super packed. I would feel the same if it was 80 year Olds. But they pay membership like we do so live with it.

Me as a dad I rather have my son there than in the streets doing God knows what. Which thank god my son is not that way. He works out in his school gym then home all day playing video games with his friends online. And his a straight A student in 9th grade so I'm happy.

And I hate when people talk shit about kids playing video games all day. Because I remember growing up doing the same thing.whats the harm in that?
No harm in gaming if it doesn't affect other aspects of life. But there are kids and even adults that have an addiction. I think it is a big problems in Japan. I've heard stories about girls dumping their boyfriend or adults living at home with gaming all day. I know in college I wasn't into all these shooting games but I did fail a few classes due to playing Madden. After graduation it affected my training so I ditched the Xbox and am better for it.

No harm in gaming if it doesn't affect other aspects of life. But there are kids and even adults that have an addiction. I think it is a big problems in Japan. I've heard stories about girls dumping their boyfriend or adults living at home with gaming all day. I know in college I wasn't into all these shooting games but I did fail a few classes due to playing Madden. After graduation it affected my training so I ditched the Xbox and am better for it.
Well if it affects your grades then it's game over. But I believe it's better to be addicted to video games than drugs.I never let my kid play shooting games

Exactly bro same thing with me when I was a teen.they helped me.some of the comments here are so out of place it's a shame.
I feel like it's different times. I'm relatively young being in my early 30s but when I started working out there also were some big guys giving advise. And I listened. The youngsters nowadays have their headphones on, only take them off to scream tough stuff at their boyfriends all while looking envious at the bigger guy in the room. I'd say 95% completely isn't interested in advise on how to do it better. They just want to sound badass in front of their buddies. At least that's what its like in my gym in western Europe.

Does make it easy to be a personal trainer. Shoot some cool pics for your IG, make people do 500 sets so next week they are sore and you're golden.

I always figured 1 gym membership = the use of 1 piece of equipment at a time. No matter how much muscle they carry unless they are the owner. If the one piece i want is taken i know a butt load of things i can do on others pieces whether i like it of not. I only get bent out of shape when some one ants to circuit train and thinks they are justified to do so. But i make it a point to put a number of speed bumps in that plan.

I always figured 1 gym membership = the use of 1 piece of equipment at a time. No matter how much muscle they carry unless they are the owner. If the one piece i want is taken i know a butt load of things i can do on others pieces whether i like it of not. I only get bent out of shape when some one ants to circuit train and thinks they are justified to do so. But i make it a point to put a number of speed bumps in that plan.
i got into it with some dude two nights ago who was using 3 diff machines at once, he left his gym bag next to quad machine leg curls for 2 minutes while doing incline chest press 10 yds away and super setting pushups in between . seriously wtf. i waited like 1 min for someone to claim leg ext and sat down and began my sets. i saw him look over at me and stop midset whatever he was doing to approach me. he storms over all decked out in tights with shorts over them, DARCSPORT cutoff t shirt lol. arm bands and all kinds of wierd "i try too hard but have no physique " garb. Mean while im wearing walmart sweats and baggy walmart 10$ t shirt. He told me ?dude i was on there, i said no you weren't, not when i got here and waited patiently and saw you supersetting 2+ other things. he stood there and gave me a dirty look. i said bro bounce unless you want to have an issue, I am not going to let you be disrespectful to me and throw an adult tantrum. get your emotions in order. you dont own real estate in this gym and its unfair for you to hog machines. I said you can absolutely work in with me and he stormed off in a hissy fit. yeah yeah im a toughguy yeah im a bully blah blah im sure lots of crybaby members here will have something to say about that but frankly idgaf. Never have and never will. i am never changing id rather drop dead then to let this type of behavior impede my workouts when I am overly kind and polite to everyone to avoid confrontation. If you are going to raise your voice at me and mad dog me we are going to have an issue. nor do i put up with equipment hogs especially after I offer to let you work in. every time i post something like this the same cry baby crusade members come out the woodworks of their unhappy lives and interpersonal relationships, and judge me and tell me im wrong and a gangster etc lol. thus,. usually, i stop reading threads after i post something like this. its quite as annoying as the narcissistic selfish gym equipment hogs. I am not a part of your gym culture , never was and never will be.

i got into it with some dude two nights ago who was using 3 diff machines at once, he left his gym bag next to quad machine leg curls for 2 minutes while doing incline chest press 10 yds away and super setting pushups in between . seriously wtf. i waited like 1 min for someone to claim leg ext and sat down and began my sets. i saw him look over at me and stop midset whatever he was doing to approach me. he storms over all decked out in tights with shorts over them, DARCSPORT cutoff t shirt lol. arm bands and all kinds of wierd "i try too hard but have no physique " garb. Mean while im wearing walmart sweats and baggy walmart 10$ t shirt. He told me ?dude i was on there, i said no you weren't, not when i got here and waited patiently and saw you supersetting 2+ other things. he stood there and gave me a dirty look. i said bro bounce unless you want to have an issue, I am not going to let you be disrespectful to me and throw an adult tantrum. get your emotions in order. you dont own real estate in this gym and its unfair for you to hog machines. I said you can absolutely work in with me and he stormed off in a hissy fit. yeah yeah im a toughguy yeah im a bully blah blah im sure lots of crybaby members here will have something to say about that but frankly idgaf. Never have and never will. i am never changing id rather drop dead then to let this type of behavior impede my workouts when I am overly kind and polite to everyone to avoid confrontation. If you are going to raise your voice at me and mad dog me we are going to have an issue. nor do i put up with equipment hogs especially after I offer to let you work in. every time i post something like this the same cry baby crusade members come out the woodworks of their unhappy lives and interpersonal relationships, and judge me and tell me im wrong and a gangster etc lol. thus,. usually, i stop reading threads after i post something like this. its quite as annoying as the narcissistic selfish gym equipment hogs. I am not a part of your gym culture , never was and never will be.
I hope not to keep sounding like negative Nancy with my posts. That’s another problem I have (at the gym and really society in general). People seem so disrespectful and combative with each other anymore. Just wasn’t the way I was raised.

When some one goes off i tell them that the manager told me 1 person 1 machine. And ask what the manager told him the rules were when he asked them. I tell them management makes the rules not me. They usually don't like that either.

I hope not to keep sounding like negative Nancy with my posts. That’s another problem I have (at the gym and really society in general). People seem so disrespectful and combative with each other anymore. Just wasn’t the way I was raised.
Probably depends on where people are. I have seen zero physical confrontations in the gym and i have been going to them since the 80's and have never missed any time. And go years at a time without people raising their voices either. In my area the vast majority avoid confrontation and then complain that things don't change.

Probably depends on where people are. I have seen zero physical confrontations in the gym and i have been going to them since the 80's and have never missed any time. And go years at a time without people raising their voices eity area the vast majority avoid confrontation and then complain that things don't change.
That makes perfect sense. And your probably correct about where you live. When I go to other towns it is different now that I think about it. Unfortunately I live in a poverty ridden town that is always in the top 10 of most dangerous places to live and top 10 places of having a violent crime committed against you. Just since this past spring I have witnessed two physical fights at my previous gym and know of one more (manager told me). I would bet at least once a week (at previous gym) there would be a verbal altercation. That’s another reason why I switched to a old persons gym ✌🏻

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws