over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Teen night at the gym

when I was 15 I was the only kid in an old school gym. I can still remember it now. Had a rocky soundtrack on continuous loop. Thick shag pile carpets and loads of the old silver frame universal machines. I remember you had to spin the seat left or right to raise or lower the lat pulldown seat. It smelt of BO and tiger balm. They were all blokes in there. Doormen bouncers builders and skinny me. It was a great place to be inspired. Those gyms are a dying dead bread now.

when I was 15 I was the only kid in an old school gym. I can still remember it now. Had a rocky soundtrack on continuous loop. Thick shag pile carpets and loads of the old silver frame universal machines. I remember you had to spin the seat left or right to raise or lower the lat pulldown seat. It smelt of BO and tiger balm. They were all blokes in there. Doormen bouncers builders and skinny me. It was a great place to be inspired. Those gyms are a dying dead bread now.

Those gyms are long gone. We had the old YMCA back in 1979. (Lawrence Ma). No machines (except for a few of the Jubinville welded ones).
Leg-curl/ext combo, preacher curl (all plate loaded) and a lat-pull.

All York and Jubinville welded dumbbells. No more than 5-6 hardcore people in there.
MuscleMags all over. etc... Great memories...

iu

I still have one of these in my home-gym:
(I use it for a wrist-roller and for bands & handles (cable-flyes, etc).

iu

iu

Everyone else they just said yes that’d be fine. And we’d rotate sets. I was probably early twenties back then and most of the people were in that same age group.

Is this not the case now? Do people actually say no? How do they justify it? They gotta takes a break!

Cage

Since COVID, Ive heard people say no to this. People wash the benches like they are washing a new corvette.
many are afraid to touch things after people still... Which is odd IMO, but is what it is..

Now that you mention it yes I have seen more teens. I guess it’s time for the next generation to come in. I guess it’s a good thing tho.
It is a good thing to have teens in the gym BUT, what I see from 98% of them is they do 1 set and then spend 5+ minutes on the f`n phone and then repeat. It could be 30 minutes for them to relinquish what ever equipment their on. The trend in now showing up with some of the people that are 50 and up.( I am in my 60`s) The gym should BAN cell phones as it is so bad where I go. The kids are so addicted is is truely disturbing to see the need to pick up their phone the second the set is done, such a waste of time. I have to taylor my time around the childern so I can get a good, uninterupted workout in as I live 30 drive each way to the gym I do not have the luxury the watching videos while in the gym.

Since COVID, Ive heard people say no to this. People wash the benches like they are washing a new corvette.
many are afraid to touch things after people still... Which is odd IMO, but is what it is..
Lol, the same thing at my gym. They wipe it down before and after. But none of them are doing hard work so there isn't sweat, they just feel they need to wipe the equipment. Imagine back in an old school gold's in the 90s being expected to spray down the equipment during sets or telling someone they can't work in because someone may catch a cold .

all the galas are this weekend my gf went to the real estate one last night , and there's one upcoming on dec 1st im going to
coronado is super nice, I am far away unless you want to cruise out to north county sd brother
100%

Working on clinch work primarily this month, if you have any great local Muay Thai gyms please let me know.

Going to stay out here for another week and play around at the new facility.

Attachments

• 42D73176-6162-44F5-B8EE-848952207CB7.png
    42D73176-6162-44F5-B8EE-848952207CB7.png
    916.2 KB · Views: 21
  • 9C736101-1181-454D-B76B-1BA1802577EB.jpeg
    9C736101-1181-454D-B76B-1BA1802577EB.jpeg
    41.2 KB · Views: 22
Those gyms are long gone. We had the old YMCA back in 1979. (Lawrence Ma). No machines (except for a few of the Jubinville welded ones).

All York and Jubinville welded dumbbells. No more than 5-6 hardcore people in there.

iu

iu

iu
Dammit! Man I love them prices!!!!! $30 for a solid bench! Nice!!!!

Christ I have one in my home gym I paid $600 for and the other was $1400. I need to travel back in time!!!

Cage

iu

iu

iu
Great stuff here. Many thanks for the share.

I remember those Iron Man ads. Many memories.

I remember using Ed’s equipment (pec deck, mid 1970’s) crude but somewhat effective. He was at the time one of the few in the mfg bizz. Nothing original but not few, if any choices at the time.

That's when you say "hey I'm going to work in a few sets" when you start stacking plates, most leave. If they cop an aditude I say didn't you read the rules. I'm working in. The ones sticking around actually want to learn something, and we get to pass the touch.
This exactly.
I'm never an asshole in a gym, and I'm all for anyone training...as long as they're WORKING. When I see the selfie-kids or talkers or cell phone scrollers using something that I need, I am polite but firm.
I've only had one mouth off a couple of times, but this kind of thing usually defuses itself fairly quickly.

Boca?

Sadly, most, if not all gyms down are like this

Athletic Factor in Pompano is pretty bad ass though, it's old school with no young kids... just a but further out than I'd like to drive every day

I try to get there for every leg day at least

(Iian Valliere posted a few videos working out there this past week)
I lived in Miami for 4 years and the gym situation down there is the worst that I have seen ANYWHERE. Virtually nobody puts their weights away, tons of talking, selfies, guys that only train if they're on cycle (and when they do train, it's all upper body)...I don't know which I hated more in Miami...the heat or the gym culture!

Lol, the same thing at my gym. They wipe it down before and after. But none of them are doing hard work so there isn't sweat, they just feel they need to wipe the equipment. Imagine back in an old school gold's in the 90s being expected to spray down the equipment during sets or telling someone they can't work in because someone may catch a cold .
Lots of mental illness, it cant be avoided nowdays.

That makes perfect sense. And your probably correct about where you live. When I go to other towns it is different now that I think about it. Unfortunately I live in a poverty ridden town that is always in the top 10 of most dangerous places to live and top 10 places of having a violent crime committed against you. Just since this past spring I have witnessed two physical fights at my previous gym and know of one more (manager told me). I would bet at least once a week (at previous gym) there would be a verbal altercation. That’s another reason why I switched to a old persons gym ✌🏻
Be thankful that’s all it was, was throwing hands. That’s what fights are anyways, right? Here, fights mean someone is gettin shot! No if’s, and’s, or but’s. I live in the Wild West here.

If there happen to be hands thrown, whoever loses gets a gun and finishes it. I always give youngsters the line from Craig’s dad on the movie Friday. You win some, you lose some, but you LIVE to fight another day!

Cage

I do this and it has nothing to do with COVID. People are disgusting, period. It has nothing to do with fear of catching something. I clean it before because I don't trust anyone to do it properly, I clean it after as a courtesy to the next person. As for working in, no one ever asks me so it's not an issue. I think it's dependent on the time you go. If you opt to go when the place is a zoo, then it comes with the territory and everyone should be mindful of that. If you go when it's much less busy, it's not as imperative and you can do something else. I only do one exercise per body part, so I can re-arrange the order I do exercises for the most part. Bro splits you can't if you're log booking. Sometimes I come in and the machine/equipment I want is being used and I just tell myself that person paid to be here and I can wait.

100%

Working on clinch work primarily this month, if you have any great local Muay Thai gyms please let me know.

Going to stay out here for another week and play around at the new facility.
10th planet in LA MESA is the best, that's where I trained and all my ufc clients still go there, liz Carmouche, ilima macfarlane, coach manolo is a legend the big hawaiian guy, they were san diego combat academy but 10th planet eddie bravo enterprise took over but same coaches etc and programs , my boy boogeyman (famous bjj) guy teaches at 10pl in oceanside in north county he's always there but I myself am also a muay Thai guy . for weights go to THE GYM in pacific beach its called, pete cicone, derik Farnsworth and some other pros there , milos and nasseer used their in 90s, its the old WORLDS gym. the one in vista ca is probably more hardcore.

I feel like it's different times. I'm relatively young being in my early 30s but when I started working out there also were some big guys giving advise. And I listened. The youngsters nowadays have their headphones on, only take them off to scream tough stuff at their boyfriends all while looking envious at the bigger guy in the room. I'd say 95% completely isn't interested in advise on how to do it better. They just want to sound badass in front of their buddies. At least that's what its like in my gym in western Europe.

Does make it easy to be a personal trainer. Shoot some cool pics for your IG, make people do 500 sets so next week they are sore and you're golden.
Valid point.im one who never goes up to anyone that are doing an exercise extremely wrong for that reason. If you ask me I'll help you if not I let it go

i got into it with some dude two nights ago who was using 3 diff machines at once, he left his gym bag next to quad machine leg curls for 2 minutes while doing incline chest press 10 yds away and super setting pushups in between . seriously wtf. i waited like 1 min for someone to claim leg ext and sat down and began my sets. i saw him look over at me and stop midset whatever he was doing to approach me. he storms over all decked out in tights with shorts over them, DARCSPORT cutoff t shirt lol. arm bands and all kinds of wierd "i try too hard but have no physique " garb. Mean while im wearing walmart sweats and baggy walmart 10$ t shirt. He told me ?dude i was on there, i said no you weren't, not when i got here and waited patiently and saw you supersetting 2+ other things. he stood there and gave me a dirty look. i said bro bounce unless you want to have an issue, I am not going to let you be disrespectful to me and throw an adult tantrum. get your emotions in order. you dont own real estate in this gym and its unfair for you to hog machines. I said you can absolutely work in with me and he stormed off in a hissy fit. yeah yeah im a toughguy yeah im a bully blah blah im sure lots of crybaby members here will have something to say about that but frankly idgaf. Never have and never will. i am never changing id rather drop dead then to let this type of behavior impede my workouts when I am overly kind and polite to everyone to avoid confrontation. If you are going to raise your voice at me and mad dog me we are going to have an issue. nor do i put up with equipment hogs especially after I offer to let you work in. every time i post something like this the same cry baby crusade members come out the woodworks of their unhappy lives and interpersonal relationships, and judge me and tell me im wrong and a gangster etc lol. thus,. usually, i stop reading threads after i post something like this. its quite as annoying as the narcissistic selfish gym equipment hogs. I am not a part of your gym culture , never was and never will be.
Yea I had a high school tell me friday.mind you he had his bag on the floor on the Machine. I was doing tricep next ro the machine he was going to use.

So he asked me hey if someone comes to use the machine can you tell them I'm here. I look at him and told him bro I'm no machine security wtf

That's because they do a set here then go to opposite site of gym and do a set over there then co.e back and so on.wtf you have the bag there.

Now there's time people have asked me hey is someone here and if I seen someone there.I just tell them there was a guy there but don't know if they done

Or the funniest one that happens more time that I can count. I'm using a machine and standing in front of it with my girl and my stuff.and they ask me hey man you here and point to a machine next to it or two machine down.im like wtf do you not see me on this one. I'll be doing a set and they stand there till I finish to ask me that same question. Like dude did you not just see doing a set on this one why would I be on that one

Yea I had a high school tell me friday.mind you he had his bag on the floor on the Machine. I was doing tricep next ro the machine he was going to use.

So he asked me hey if someone comes to use the machine can you tell them I'm here. I look at him and told him bro I'm no machine security wtf

That's because they do a set here then go to opposite site of gym and do a set over there then co.e back and so on.wtf you have the bag there.

Now there's time people have asked me hey is someone here and if I seen someone there.I just tell them there was a guy there but don't know if they done

Or the funniest one that happens more time that I can count. I'm using a machine and standing in front of it with my girl and my stuff.and they ask me hey man you here and point to a machine next to it or two machine down.im like wtf do you not see me on this one. I'll be doing a set and they stand there till I finish to ask me that same question. Like dude did you not just see doing a set on this one why would I be on that one
lmfao that happens to me all the time when they point 2-3 machines down im like oh well he's just going out of his way to avoid confrontation we must look scary lmao

They want some type of acknowledgement, want to befriend you, or are making sure you're not doing supersets depending on the equipment. I think most gyms have the leg extension and leg curl close by if not right next to each other, for example. I never superset, but doing those two exercises seems to be common amongst some people. I was using the leg extension the other day and a guy asked me mid-set if I was using the leg curl. I would have preferred he not interrupt me, but I just quickly and politely told him to go ahead. You'd also be surprised at what people superset. In bodybuilding workouts, they're selected based on if they make sense. However, I've seen people superset squats with shoulder presses and that doesn't make any sense to me. They're not hitting the same muscle group, and they're not antagonistic like chest/back or biceps/triceps. 🤷‍♂️

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131