over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Teen night at the gym

Do any of you guys stop and help these clueless kids out? lol I get torn between helping or just shaking my head and cursing them under my breathe.
This isnt just strictly for young kids too.

There's an old dude who trains with a young-ish mid 20 and BOTH just dont get it. Literally doing triples, FORCED REPS ON every set (like unable to get reps by themselves) just not understanding regular training principles. I get torn between wanting to step in and say, "guys, just a tip here...." OR sayng fuck it, they dont deserve my help hahah I dont like being a bitter asshole BUT its tough
After years of sincerely trying to help people that clearly need it, and then watching them wipe their asses with my suggestions (even to the point of injury), I don't waste my time with that.

If someone ASKS me an opinion or advice or for help, I'll go out of my way to help them. If I see someone about to seriously injure themselves or another person, I will say something.

Beyond that, nope. I try to pretend that they're not there.

Good God this new years resolution nonsense is insane 3 hours to complete 8 sets. I think we should all support the body positivity movement. Being fat on the couch watching TV is cooler than being fat sitting on the leg press scrolling social media.

Good God this new years resolution nonsense is insane 3 hours to complete 8 sets. I think we should all support the body positivity movement. Being fat on the couch watching TV is cooler than being fat sitting on the leg press scrolling social media.
I’ve been working out at home, dreading what the gym is like this month…

Yes, late to this post but dear lord they are all over the place. I am hoping a lot of them are College kids back from break but here we go with the New Years revolutionaries. I always think anyone in the gym, good for them but I get so mad when someone is using a bench to hold their water or something and not using it. Or better yet, why the F do so many people take so many pics of themselves in the gym? Dear lord....and the best yet, they all F pose in the mirror and are tiny. Like I said, good for them but dear lord its annoying, actually those ones make me laugh.

Let's not forget we were once beginners.Most of the newbies might be intimidated first time in a gym.

Yea it’s nonsense I’m not at Equinox but they made the news but not letting people join during the New Year holiday Time bc they value their year round committed members. How fucking great is that!

Let's not forget we were once beginners.Most of the newbies might be intimidated first time in a gym.
Yeah but that’s not really the issue. It’s the guys and gals that spend far more time talking, taking videos, etc then actually train that are what bother most of us. I like to get in and get the work done, it’s irritating when a bunch of people are taking 30 mins to compete a few sets and occupying the equipment leaving it unavailable to the rest of us.

Yeah but that’s not really the issue. It’s the guys and gals that spend far more time talking, taking videos, etc then actually train that are what bother most of us. I like to get in and get the work done, it’s irritating when a bunch of people are taking 30 mins to compete a few sets and occupying the equipment leaving it unavailable to the rest of us.
Yep, this. I’ll straight up stare at dudes taking more than 5 minutes between sets, especially if I can see (it’s blatantly obvious) that they’re putting in so little effort on their sets that they don’t require 45 seconds of rest, much less 5 minutes.

Gangs of bros carrying tripods get zero respect from me, I’ll straight up just ignore them and start using shit they’re super setting with if they haven’t touched it in a couple minutes.

Fat/newbies that are shy and trying? 100% respect and I’ll help if I can.

Good point but did anyone here actually start lifting as a New Year’s resolution? The people that make resolutions to start exercising aren’t like us.

Good point but did anyone here actually start lifting as a New Year’s resolution? The people that make resolutions to start exercising aren’t like us.
No they certainly are not like us and they do outnumber us by greater margin this time of year and summer. I suppose I need to start lifting at 5/6 am again. Honestly I am happy to see people take the initiative to better themselves. Courtesy and respect are something that I would expect to come second nature, but doesn’t seem to be the case. I wish my gym would outlaw the tripods and give a damn equipment etiquette class to those signing up. I am starting to sound my age so I’ll just stop here haha.

No they certainly are not like us and they do outnumber us by greater margin this time of year and summer. I suppose I need to start lifting at 5/6 am again. Honestly I am happy to see people take the initiative to better themselves. Courtesy and respect are something that I would expect to come second nature, but doesn’t seem to be the case. I wish my gym would outlaw the tripods and give a damn equipment etiquette class to those signing up. I am starting to sound my age so I’ll just stop here haha.
That is actually an excellent idea and not at all unreasonable.

It does seem worse than previous years somehow. Might just be me getting older but just this morning I saw a scrawny kid going full retard on a bench that wouldn't go flat quick enough, literally hitting it and stuff, only to put his bottle and towel on it and not use it other than that once he fixed it.

Plus my gym for some reason now allows 12 year olds unsupervised. So we'll have groups of them just sitting not doing shit. I understand we all started somewhere but go start somewhere somewhere else please.

Took my chances and hit the gym this afternoon. Half way through my workout I sit down at the chest press. Got one set in, waiting for my heart rate to come down for the next set and some 20 something year old is just standing in front of me looking all sorts of agitated. I don’t pay him any mind and he says something. I take my headphones off to hear what he was saying…”I was going to use that…” I couldn’t help myself and started laughing “Tough shit, you weren’t here when I sat down”. He stomped off. WTF? That was a first for me. I would have let him work in if he approached me in a courteous matter but the entitlement…

The fucking tripods, you can always accidentally run one over with the phone.

The fucking tripods, you can always accidentally run one over with the phone.
My go to move if a tripod is nearby the deadlift platforms is to drop 5-600Lbs as hard as I can and see if I can shake it enough to fall over.

The rage it incurs from the broccoli hair boys is life giving.

Full caveat, if they were recording a serious max or something I’d never do it, but wearing belts and knee sleeves lifting 185 sumo with shit form then flexing for the camera? Nah fam, your shit is getting shook.

My go to move if a tripod is nearby the deadlift platforms is to drop 5-600Lbs as hard as I can and see if I can shake it enough to fall over.

The rage it incurs from the broccoli hair boys is life giving.

Full caveat, if they were recording a serious max or something I’d never do it, but wearing belts and knee sleeves lifting 185 sumo with shit form then flexing for the camera? Nah fam, your shit is getting shook.
Oh yea bro I film some shit like drop sets that last 3-4 minutes max effort, jumbos, and shit when I’m in great shape and look the part but like you I’m in a college town full of rich kids that think 225 bench single requires a video and 10 minutes of fist bumping so yea I’ll do the asshoke shit and walk over and say can I jump in and bang out like 20 reps for a laugh. It’s ALWAYS the frat brats always

Took my chances and hit the gym this afternoon. Half way through my workout I sit down at the chest press. Got one set in, waiting for my heart rate to come down for the next set and some 20 something year old is just standing in front of me looking all sorts of agitated. I don’t pay him any mind and he says something. I take my headphones off to hear what he was saying…”I was going to use that…” I couldn’t help myself and started laughing “Tough shit, you weren’t here when I sat down”. He stomped off. WTF? That was a first for me. I would have let him work in if he approached me in a courteous matter but the entitlement…
That is an example of entitlement that the "children" have demanded.

There were 4 kids at the gym tonight surrounding a single flat bench taking up space playing grab ass with each other. They fuck around on the thing for half hour. It was so annoying I put myself in a better mood by thinking that I should go up and tell them they'd look great in women's clothes....just to freak em out. Maybe one day I will.

Funny thread. I thought it was just here in Europe. Yes, its the influencer thing on social media. And social media making it known that girls with fake boobs and tats (love them!) like jacked guys. So, the kids want to get jacked! All of them, apparently.

Tripods aren't allowed in my gym unless someone has scheduled a photo shoot. Most kids glare, never ask for help and seem to not even learn by observing. It's odd. All have shirts off no matter their condition. None are trying to get strong, so I guess they're not on any sports teams at school.

BUT from the group of say, 30 kids, there are the one or two who I can see are on their own program, are lifting heavy, quietly growing and getting better. You can see them privately competing with the older stronger guys around them. Those will be the ones who stay. They'll be us in a few years.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131