over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Telmisartan fat loss

I have only been using it a month so I can’t comment on fat loss yet but it has kept me dryer looking in a good way…..I did notice almost right away it took care of alittle water retention I was noticing in my ankles from higher carbs and hgh.

It makes me pee, but no noticeable weight loss

I have only been using it a month so I can’t comment on fat loss yet but it has kept me dryer looking in a good way…..I did notice almost right away it took care of alittle water retention I was noticing in my ankles from higher carbs and hgh.
Thats caused by its natriuretics effects, which will lower sodium levels a bit and that leads to less water and in the end makes you look drier.

I've been on 80mg/day for about 6-7 months. I can't say I've noticed anything in that regard.

Thats a monster dosage. Is that self prescribed or from a Dr.?

I just started taking 40mg of Telmisartan last night. I had my doc switch me to it from Losartan yesterday because of Huehnerbruestchen's recommendation to me in my Peripheral Artery Disease thread. I noticed that I slept better last night compared to usual but I'll try to pay attention to see if there is any additional fat loss. My fasted weight this morning was down2 lbs (243 down from my normal 245) so maybe the Losartan made me retain a little water and the Telmisartan is reducing that?... Crazy after just one dose though but that's the only variable...

It does manipulate your sodium levels to some minor degree. I have seen it in my own blood work. Good thing is not only the slightly drier look but also the minor health effect that comes for the heart by holding less water. But again, like the fat loss thing, these things are noticable but still very minor. The only really "big" thing is the lipids improvement.

Interesting. I didn’t know it was a mild diuretic. I often see it prescribed in concert with HCTZ

Interesting. I didn’t know it was a mild diuretic. I often see it prescribed in concert with HCTZ
HCTZ is a mild diuretic, true, but its still on a different level. U cant compare the natriuretic effect of Telmisartan with the diuretic effect of hctz.
Hctz lowers all electrolyte levels but especially potassium which is affected by Telmisartan and often rise above healthy levels without the combination. so it just makes sense that these two make the best match to keep everything in a normal range. Thats why they are usually prescribed together.

I know there are studies out there where participants have taken more than 80mg Telmisartan. Im sure without a mild diuretic the potassium levels would rise and rise and lead to dangerous arrythmia. I myself experienced them after taking 60mg for a couple weeks.

Good helpful info thank you. I’ve read HCTZ is not kidney-friendly, so I’m trying to avoid it and have thus far stuck with OTC supps.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws