over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

telmisartan pre contest/electrolytes

whoremoan

Registered
wondering if telmisartan is ok to be used during preps?
im sure i heard somewhere it can actually hold a fat to a certain extent, or make it harder to get down to the low digits?
any truth to this ? anyone have experience using it during pre contest diet?

also is it ok to take eaa's that have electrolytes in them on telmi ( as they have potassium in them and you cant take potassium with telmisartan right?)

I am taking telmisartan right now and I'm in contest prep. I wouldn't worry about the potassium to much unless your taking in a very large amount potassium or taking a potassium sparing diuretic. I would have my doctor check my potassium levels every so often if I was you, that's what my doctor is doing especially since she just raised my dosage from 40mg (my self prescribed dose) to 80mg (doctor prescribed dose). The best thing to do is discuss with your doctor if you have a doctor that actually gives two fucks about your health.

I am taking telmisartan right now and I'm in contest prep. I wouldn't worry about the potassium to much unless your taking in a very large amount potassium or taking a potassium sparing diuretic. I would have my doctor check my potassium levels every so often if I was you, that's what my doctor is doing especially since she just raised my dosage from 40mg (my self prescribed dose) to 80mg (doctor prescribed dose). The best thing to do is discuss with your doctor if you have a doctor that actually gives two fucks about your health.
thanks for the info
will check out potassium levels asap

personally during prep my blood pressure dropped so much I wouldn't need any bp med at all. It shoots back up quite a bit post show immediately.

I thought Tel was a ppar agonist and therefore had potential fat burning/endurance benifits?
me too, but that could be for the average joe
bodybuilders who compete at 4% bf it could be an entirely different story ?
im pretty sure bostin loyd was saying on leos channel that it stopped him getting to a certain point, fatloss stalled and stopping telmi fatloss picked up again ... id have to dig to find the video where he says it

im pretty sure bostin loyd was saying on leos channel that it stopped him getting to a certain point, fatloss stalled and stopping telmi fatloss picked up again ... id have to dig to find the video where he says it

You don't think Bostin had a few other things going on that maybe hindered his body performing optimally? I wasn't in contest shape last summer but I had no issues getting into the 7's while taking it.

Does your doc know you run gear? I’m considering finally have that talk with my PCP but I’m nervous. It would be nice to finally get prescribed the BP meds I’ve been buying off the black market.

Does your doc know you run gear? I’m considering finally have that talk with my PCP but I’m nervous. It would be nice to finally get prescribed the BP meds I’ve been buying off the black market.
LMAO 🤣 yes my doctor has basic human common sense, I never had to say anything she just assumed as I am what she calls "very hyper-muscular". She also knows I'm a professional bodybuilder and I use to workout at the same gym she does...so yes she most definitely KNOWS!

LMAO 🤣 yes my doctor has basic human common sense, I never had to say anything she just assumed as I am what she calls "very hyper-muscular". She also knows I'm a professional bodybuilder and I use to workout at the same gym she does...so yes she most definitely KNOWS!

It doesn’t affect your insurance or anything at all? Like, she isn’t obligated to notify anybody or is she bound by doctor-patient confidentiality?

She puts NOTHING in my records except my test results!!!!!!

Am curious I thought Telmisartan was a better option then say lisinapril as far as sides go . I know ACE inhibitors can raise creatinine but never heard ARB ‘S doing that

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
locoslave
NapsGear