over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Telmisartan RHR/Anxious

bigzzz

Verified Customer
Registered
Verified Customer
Hi Guys,

Two weeks ago I started telmisartan 40mg pre-bed because of all the health benefits that it has. Since starting this my RHR is up like 10-12 points and I feel nervous/anxious all day. Do other people feel this as well and is this going to subside after a while?

Or should I scale back to 20mg and go up to 40mg when I don't have sides anymore? Does 20mg do anything in the case I can't take 40mg?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Guys,

Two weeks ago I started telmisartan 40mg pre-bed because of all the health benefits that it has. Since starting this my RHR is up like 10-12 points and I feel nervous/anxious all day. Do other people feel this as well and is this going to subside after a while?

Or should I scale back to 20mg and go up to 40mg when I don't have sides anymore? Does 20mg do anything in the case I can't take 40mg?

Thanks in advance.
What does your prescribing healthcare professional say?

Hi Guys,

Thanks in advance.
Yes, some blood pressure medications ( including telmisartan) can affect heart rate and they can cause anxiety and insomnia. One of my friends gets insomnia with only 20 mgs of telmisartan. He tried taking melatonin to see if it would help him sleep and it did. However, the melatonin made his blood pressure increase. He’s still trying to figure out a better approach.

Nothing since I don't have one, smartass;)
So you are self prescribing a blood pressure mediation? And that’s okay, just want to get it right 😉

Yes, some blood pressure medications ( including telmisartan) can affect heart rate and they can cause anxiety and insomnia. One of my friends gets insomnia with only 20 mgs of telmisartan. He tried taking melatonin to see if it would help him sleep and it did. However, the melatonin made his blood pressure increase. He’s still trying to figure out a better approach.
But is that something that will subside over time?

But is that something that will subside over time?
My friend has been on 20 mgs of telmisartan for several years. His elevated heart rate and insomnia has not left while using the drug. He’s tried other blood pressure meds but they gave him erectile dysfunction. Linisopril is another high blood pressure med you can try. All these meds cause different side effects for different people.

Hi Guys,

Thanks in advance.
Had very similar effects but low mood/depression instead of anxiety. My prescribing doc never heard of these sides occurring so kept taking 40mg for 6 months hoping it would subside. It didn’t and within a month of quitting my heart rate is down an average of 15bpm, BP is actually LOWER and mood is back to normal. *** Gotta add I do respond differently to medications than most so could be unique to me.***

Had very similar effects but low mood/depression instead of anxiety. My prescribing doc never heard of these sides occurring so kept taking 40mg for 6 months hoping it would subside. It didn’t and within a month of quitting my heart rate is down an average of 15bpm, BP is actually LOWER and mood is back to normal. *** Gotta add I do respond differently to medications than most so could be unique to me.***
Damn. Wrong med for your body. Crazy the unique effects and sides sometimes.

Interesting. I'm off everything but my cruise dose right now, and doing cardio on top of it and my RHR is not coming down as much as I think it should be. But I am still on my 20mg of telmisartan. I wonder if I'm having this.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws