YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Telmisartan with or without Hydrochlorthiazid?

Sec-Training

Registered
Hey guys

What type of telmisartan do yyou prefer to use?
I know Hydrochlorthiazid is a diuretic,

just wanna know what guys here use

ARBs have the potential to raise your potassium level, the addition of HCTZ can ameliorate that. HCTZ is a potent kaliuretic, moreso even than lasix. If you start telmi check a chemistry panel after a week or so. Hctz can cause photosensitivity and cramps though, so as said above I'd avoid it unless you need it. (Like johnjuan) a better thiazide diuretic is chlorthalidone, longer half-life than hctz, generally more effective for hypertension

I have both with and without. Use the one without most the time. If I've been loose with my diet on the weekends and or have alcohol it makes me hold about 7lbs of water. I'll take the one with, since this will raise my BP and mess with my CTS.

with HCTZ, but a fairly low dose 12.5mgs. I feel better on it, and the combo with an ARB is what took care of my BP. I actually feel great on it too.

I have both with and without. Use the one without most the time. If I've been loose with my diet on the weekends and or have alcohol it makes me hold about 7lbs of water. I'll take the one with, since this will raise my BP and mess with my CTS.
Man, when i drink it makes me diurese like crazy. Especially if I've been taking creatine

Without the HCTZ. Not good for athletes.
I've used both in the past and for the last year and a half I stuck to straight Telmisartan with no HCTZ for the reason @Zamun stated, not good for athletes. Some people may need the added diuretic like JJ mentioned he does, I don't need it. I don't hold a lot of water to begin with, I would say use it on an as needed basis only.

I've used both in the past and for the last year and a half I stuck to straight Telmisartan with no HCTZ for the reason @Zamun stated, not good for athletes. Some people may need the added diuretic like JJ mentioned he does, I don't need it. I don't hold a lot of water to begin with, I would say use it on an as needed basis only.

I'm normally keto. But at a cook out...when I drink I look great, full and dry but rebound / spill over the next day sucks.

I'm normally keto. But at a cook out...when I drink I look great, full and dry but rebound / spill over the next day sucks.
Gotcha, I just don't worry about, any spill over won't last long as long as it's just a onetime deal and I'm back to a normal diet right after.

ARBs have the potential to raise your potassium level, the addition of HCTZ can ameliorate that. HCTZ is a potent kaliuretic, moreso even than lasix. If you start telmi check a chemistry panel after a week or so. Hctz can cause photosensitivity and cramps though, so as said above I'd avoid it unless you need it. (Like johnjuan) a better thiazide diuretic is chlorthalidone, longer half-life than hctz, generally more effective for hypertension
What about dyazide , any experience with that? Same as hctz with an added diuretic if I’m not mistaken

What about dyazide , any experience with that? Same as hctz with an added diuretic if I’m not mistaken
Yeah, its got triamterine (sp?) in it which is a K+ sparing diuretic, the idea being that the two diuretics balance out. I'm not familiar with any big studies on it (not saying they don't exist) in general though i think the best approach is as few meds as necessary, if you need to be on HCTZ and you get hypokalemia then could consider adding triamterine. Spironolactone is also used like this sometimes but most men shouldn't touch that w a ten foot pole

With HCTZ for me. That’s the combo that made the difference in my blood pressure. Telmisartan alone didn’t do it. I’m taking 80mg telmisartan, 12.5mg HCTZ, 5mg nebivolol.View attachment 171658

Sup Jon
You trust your wrist device? I couldn’t stick w mine. Too many pundits saying they are not accurate / reliable. Sure would be nice to switch to a wrist cuff.

I take 40mg of Telmisartan without the HCTZ.

I didn’t care for what I read regarding the potential stress on the kidneys, since this is after all - one of the reasons someone should be on a HTN med to begin with (kidney-protection).

I take an herbal diuretic instead that was actually designed / promoted as a kidney health / support agent.

Sucks adding 4 more dang capsules to the regimen (2 caps @ twice/day) but felt it was the most prudent long term approach.

I know the question is coming so…

Dr. Christopher's Original Formulas Kidney Formula Capsules, 475 mg, 100 Count https://a.co/d/3IXs5PX

Sup Jon
You trust your wrist device? I couldn’t stick w mine. Too many pundits saying they are not accurate / reliable. Sure would be nice to switch to a wrist cuff.
We have two arm cuffs, two wrist cuffs, and the old fashioned kind. The wrist cuffs are accurate these days, more so than the arm cuff because as bodybuilders our large arms throw off the reading.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws