over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Telmisartan without high BP.

Yes, Telmisartan is good to take for prevention. The benefits outweigh the risks (there are essentially no risks). No one here can provide any valid reason why it would be bad to take that's not based in any actual evidence.

Prevention of what? if BP is fine. what are you preventing?

Prevention of what? if BP is fine. what are you preventing?
A little known side benefit to the class of antihypertensive drugs known as angiotensin II receptor blockers is that they enhance insulin sensitivity, increase utilization of fat as energy, and improve mitochondrial function.5,7,13,38,39,100 Of all the drugs in this class, telmisartan stands out as superior for potential longevity enhancement.101-103

As humans age, mitochondrial dysfunction becomes a deadly factor in the development of obesity, insulin resistance, endothelial breakdown, and type II diabetes.104-109 Telmisartan helps correct these underlying mechanisms of aging and death (as do many of the nutrients Life Extension® members already take).

Telmisartan activates a regulator of cellular energy called PPAR-gamma coactivator 1 alpha (PGC-1a), which stimulates the burning of excess calories.110,111 This can be a crucial factor in weight management.

Studies indicate that telmisartan directly stimulates PPAR-gamma (peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma), a key inducer of beneficial metabolic effects.112-114 PPAR-gamma activating properties have also been reported for other angiotensin II receptor blocker drugs, but telmisartan is at least 10 times more powerful.112

Telmisartan has been shown in preclinical models to reduce weight gain, increase total energy expenditure, and increase expression of key mitochondrial enzymes in skeletal muscle better than a more popular drug in this class (Diovan®).7,13,39,115-117

Atherosclerosis remains a leading killer of Americans.118 Telmisartan functions by multiple mechanisms to protect against arterial occlusion,119-121 including increasing beneficial endothelial nitric oxide.39,122,123

Lastly, telmisartan appears to promote biochemical, biological, and metabolic effects that some researchers have suggested could boost athletic performance.112

Here’s an article that says high blood pressure meds does in fact damage the kidneys. Any drug that inhibits the renin-angiotensin system particularly angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors such as linopril and angiotensin II receptor blockers (ARBs) such as telmisartan can damage the renin cells in the kidneys. “They found that specialized kidney cells called renin cells play an important role. These cells normally produce renin, a vital hormone that helps the body regulate blood pressure. But harmful changes in the renin cells can cause the cells to invade the walls of the kidney's blood vessels. The renin cells then trigger a buildup of another cell type, smooth muscle cells, that cause the vessels to thicken and stiffen. The result: Blood can't flow through the kidney as it should.”

Yes, Telmisartan is good to take for prevention. The benefits outweigh the risks (there are essentially no risks). No one here can provide any valid reason why it would be bad to take that's not based in any actual evidence.
Also, Dave Palumbo recently stated that Telmisartan is linked to “kidney cancer.” I don’t know which studies he was referring to but I have the video if you want to listen to it. I’m not saying it causes kidney cancer, but I can’t prove it doesn’t.

I'm on Telmisartan and I read about the back and forth of it protects kidneys and then it can also damage kidneys but haven't read a valid in-depth explanation as to why.

Same. I’m on it so I need to do my due diligence and research this.

My blood pressure has slowly ticked upwards the older I’ve gotten. Not bad, but not great either. Was typically running 130/80, or a tad higher. Started on 40mg Telmisartan daily and this morning’s reading was 122/73. I’ll take the improved BP all day!

Cage
Telmisartan has been great for me. My blood pressure has never been high high. But has always been elevated especially when on cycle. Since I’ve been on telmisartan my blood pressure has been within range with no sides to speak of.

Telmisartan has been great for me. My blood pressure has never been high high. But has always been elevated especially when on cycle. Since I’ve been on telmisartan my blood pressure has been within range with no sides to speak of.
For sure… My reading was taken while running high test, and high Tren. So Telmisartin gots my vote!

Cage

Not the same thing, but close - I picked up some propranolol for when I’m giving keynotes or presentations to large audiences, mainly because for whatever reason I’d just sweat a lot. It’s good for that.
Is it risky to take telmisartin and propranolol together? are beta blockers good bp lowers also ?

Here’s an article that says high blood pressure meds does in fact damage the kidneys. Any drug that inhibits the renin-angiotensin system particularly angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors such as linopril and angiotensin II receptor blockers (ARBs) such as telmisartan can damage the renin cells in the kidneys. “They found that specialized kidney cells called renin cells play an important role. These cells normally produce renin, a vital hormone that helps the body regulate blood pressure. But harmful changes in the renin cells can cause the cells to invade the walls of the kidney's blood vessels. The renin cells then trigger a buildup of another cell type, smooth muscle cells, that cause the vessels to thicken and stiffen. The result: Blood can't flow through the kidney as it should.”

I know we are talking about prevention here, but worth noting high blood pressure itself is far worse for the kidneys

To address your post, the possible negative kidney effect is minor and dose dependent, but every bodybuilder should be taking Empagliflozin anyway if they have any respect for their kidneys or hearts. There is no better medication for kidneys than that. So any extremely minor issue from Telmisartan would be greatly outweighed by Empagliflozin. I can give you my own anecdote and say my eGFR is in the 90s and my Cystatin C is 0.65 (bottom of the range). I've been on Telmisartan for many years and Empagliflozin for 1 year.

Generally speaking, it is worth mentioning that I see so many people here think a systolic BP of 130-140 is ok. The reality is anything over 120 on a consistent basis needs to be addressed in some way. I doubt most people on this board have perfectly great BP numbers of 115-75 without any assistance. If they do, then more power to them.

I take telmisartan as BP insurance and for it's other cardio protective benefits like mitigating LVH and visceral fat accumulation. Even minor benefits in those areas make it worth my while.

From Bing ChatGPT:

According to some studies, telmisartan can improve myocardial remodeling and reduce myocardial fibrosis in hypertensive left ventricular hypertrophy (LVH) rats by inhibiting leptin autocrine induced by angiotensin II (Ang II) and leptin downstream signaling molecular STAT3 phosphorylation. Telmisartan is also effective in reducing blood pressure and LVH in hypertensive patients.

Crazy how fast (it seems at least) ai is moving. The future is now fellas.
Im part of the 0.1% that got sides from Telmisartan so had to discontinue but post above is why I started taking it. Keep an eye on potassium levels tho, seems to get overlooked.

I know we are talking about prevention here, but worth noting high blood pressure itself is far worse for the kidneys

To address your post, the possible negative kidney effect is minor and dose dependent, but every bodybuilder should be taking Empagliflozin anyway if they have any respect for their kidneys or hearts. There is no better medication for kidneys than that. So any extremely minor issue from Telmisartan would be greatly outweighed by Empagliflozin. I can give you my own anecdote and say my eGFR is in the 90s and my Cystatin C is 0.65 (bottom of the range). I've been on Telmisartan for many years and Empagliflozin for 1 year.

Generally speaking, it is worth mentioning that I see so many people here think a systolic BP of 130-140 is ok. The reality is anything over 120 on a consistent basis needs to be addressed in some way. I doubt most people on this board have perfectly great BP numbers of 115-75 without any assistance. If they do, then more power to them.
I agree with you that high blood pressure is harder on the kidneys than medications that lower blood pressure. But I believe anything under 140/90 is not considered high blood pressure. Many doctors also believe this. Never forget that BIG PHARMA and some doctors are pushing these meds to make a profit. I don’t see the need to take meds for high blood pressure and risk damaging the renin cells in your kidneys if you don’t really have high blood pressure in the first place.

I agree with you that high blood pressure is harder on the kidneys than medications that lower blood pressure. But I believe anything under 140/90 is not considered high blood pressure. Many doctors also believe this. Never forget that BIG PHARMA and some doctors are pushing these meds to make a profit. I don’t see the need to take meds for high blood pressure and risk damaging the renin cells in your kidneys if you don’t really have high blood pressure in the first place.
Great point, as a society we tend to believe the medical establishment has our best interests at mind when in fact it's the bottom-line profit is what they have in mind. Big Pharma, lobbyist, and government officials who set the medical guidelines all have an invested stake in profiting off of people using pharmaceuticals. Wall Street and shareholdings in pharmaceutical companies is what's top priority, not the general public's overall health.

Great point, as a society we tend to believe the medical establishment has our best interests at mind when in fact it's the bottom-line profit is what they have in mind. Big Pharma, lobbyist, and government officials who set the medical guidelines all have an invested stake in profiting off of people using pharmaceuticals. Wall Street and shareholdings in pharmaceutical companies is what's top priority, not the general public's overall health.
True! The healthcare industry has become incredibly corrupt.

Re: last 3 posts

^Typically I’d agree all day long.

They did this with Cholesterol numbers too. Kept lowering the normal range to push statins.

However, I read something recently that makes me rethink all of this:

“Healthy” uric acid levels, fasting insulin and liver enzymes (ALT, AST) have all been increased over the years to keep up with our fat-ass, sick, out-of-shape metabolically-disastrous population.

This would not be consistent with the medical establishment conspiracies we are entertaining.

To be clear ~ I do think it’s almost always about the money; but these few cases sure do provide for an interesting rebuttal to that theory / way of thinking.

Crazy how fast (it seems at least) ai is moving. The future is now fellas.
Im part of the 0.1% that got sides from Telmisartan so had to discontinue but post above is why I started taking it. Keep an eye on potassium levels tho, seems to get overlooked.
What´s the best way to mitigate potassium levels when on Telmisartan, what is the latest info? Bisoprolol or similar?

I’ve felt like my blood pressure has always ran a little bit high. My new doctor has this nurse that takes my blood pressure and I swear he doesn’t do it right or something. He always says 120/80 you’re doing good bud! Im going to have to just start complaining of BP symptoms I guess! 😂 Right now, I can just feel my blood pressure is elevated. Did you have to steer your doctor in the direction of those two meds? (telmisartan and empagliflozin). It seems like there are so many to choose from.

I don’t have a BP issue and never taken telmisartan before. I’ve been thinking about taking it for prevention for a Test Deca cycle. Last time I ran it those compounds BP was elevated. You think 20mg is a good place to start?

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws