over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Temporary paralysis?

bodyofwork

Newbies
Weirdest thing happened tonight while at the gym. I was in my second set of incline dumbbell presses and feeling great but on my 6th rep my right arm literally just stopped working. Full on paralyzed to where I dropped the dumbbell. Absolutely no pain, no residual effects, no numbness, nothing afterwards that indicates any sort of injury. Lasted for about 10 seconds and feeling came back. Feels fine and I was able to continue on with my workout no problem. Has anyone else ever experienced this? As you get older I start becoming more conscious of possible underlying issues that could cause it but I’m at a total loss. Just more so wondering if anyone has had this happen themselves or heard of it and what could be the cause? Any insight is appreciated.

Man brother no never happened but could be so many different things so to sit here and shoot in the dark is a waste of time. Go see a doctor and explain what happened and they’ll follow the appropriate routes. Hope you’re well bro!

Could also be heart related. Could be too many things to rely on a bunch of pm bro tards like us. Definitely get checked out

I had it once doing flat bench presses with dumbbells. One of my arms did that and the weight went right for my head. It probably would have caved in my skull if it weren't for my buddy spotting me. It was about 130 lbs.

I was like you, no damage or pain. I was able to continue the workout. I think it's a reflex the body uses to protect the muscles from damage. Proprioreceptors get triggered when too much force in generated and the stimulus to those motor units is shut down. Just my theory on what it was.

Appreciate the responses, definitely going to at least tell my doc about it and see what they say but my healthcare is through the VA so the solution for everything to them is 800mg Motrin lol.

I lost all feeling in my tight ass cheek and hamstring for 2 days in February..nerves got fucked up after a pretty decent stupid move

Appreciate the responses, definitely going to at least tell my doc about it and see what they say but my healthcare is through the VA so the solution for everything to them is 800mg Motrin lol.
Have you also tried clean socks and foot powder?

And a pepto lol

And a pepto lol
That's basically what I did when I was having a heart attack. I had zero chest pain, just a heartburn feeling. So I swallowed some baking soda.

That's basically what I did when I was having a heart attack. I had zero chest pain, just a heartburn feeling. So I swallowed some baking soda.
My appendix and gallbladder ruptured and I thought I just had gas..took a whole bottle of gas-x

went to the emergency room 13 hours later and my WBC was 24

was in icu 5 days

My appendix and gallbladder ruptured and I thought I just had gas..took a whole bottle of gas-x

went to the emergency room 13 hours later and my WBC was 24

was in icu 5 days
Yeah, it's crazy how some people feel no pain. I was having a major heart attack, right coronary artery 100% occluded, and I had no pain. I was cardiac ICU for I think it was 4 days. When I arrived into the OR at the emergency room they immediately gave me something like morphine for pain. Didn't even ask me. I proceeded to puke everywhere because of how sick it made me. The pain killer was worse than the heart attack!

Happened with me when I had a stretched never in my biracial plexus
Brachial plexus. Yeah, I think that innervates the pectoral muscles. It does the upper limbs.

Affects the tricep as well. So it can really kill a chect workout
Yeah, when pressing like that, if your triceps gave out then that would make you fail the lift. In my case, it felt like it was my triceps muscle that stopped working. The dumbell started coming down at the elbow before my upper arm came down at the chest.

It was a fluke for me and never happened again. I think it was a protective reflex. In my case, I hadn't been doing flat presses at all and certainly not with dumbbells. It was a new movement to my body, and maybe that played into it.

Could also be heart related. Could be too many things to rely on a bunch of pm bro tards like us. Definitely get checked out
I was going to say go get that checked asap. Could be a blood clot don't play with these. as a oh let's see it's fine now type of thing bro.just my opinion on what would do if it was me

Weirdest thing happened tonight while at the gym. I was in my second set of incline dumbbell presses and feeling great but on my 6th rep my right arm literally just stopped working. Full on paralyzed to where I dropped the dumbbell. Absolutely no pain, no residual effects, no numbness, nothing afterwards that indicates any sort of injury. Lasted for about 10 seconds and feeling came back. Feels fine and I was able to continue on with my workout no problem. Has anyone else ever experienced this? As you get older I start becoming more conscious of possible underlying issues that could cause it but I’m at a total loss. Just more so wondering if anyone has had this happen themselves or heard of it and what could be the cause? Any insight is appreciated.

This is rather easy DDx and the replies do not disappoint. Well done.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws