over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Tendinitis experts, help please, new theory some of you may have not heard

Serotonin

Banned
I have it pretty bad now. I was told it could be low cortisol. Apparently androgens, mainly strong ones can crush your cortisol. This causes not only joint pain, but a slow in gains and possibly a plateau.

Anyone have experience with this? And if so what did you do?

I'm thinking of dropping all the andros. Even dropping the test down to jut 125mg a week. Then the only other thing I'll keep in is the low dose deca, 200mg a week.

If that doesn't work then I guess its time for a week break.

Anyone ever try cortisone shots? Worth it or not?

Please anyone who has experience with this problem post up some advice. I greatly appreciate any feedback here. Thanks for reading.

I had some tendonitis in the top of my elbow.. where your bicep meets your forearm. It would mainly hurt when I did reverse curls. So I stopped reverse curls during the last 1.5-2 months of my contest prep. Took about a month of nice an easy lifting after my contest. SO now being almost 3 months later, I came back to try and reverse curl and that shit STILL hurt. So here is a theory I came up with, yet don't know if it would hold true at all..

I just did reverse curls, but with super light weight. Something that would hardly stress my tendonitis at all. Not even heavy enough to provide any benefit for my muscles really. So I did these very light reverse curls slow and continuous, building up lots and lots of lactic acid. So my theory is that doing this greatly increases blood flow to the injured area from the inside. This helps aid recovery. ALSO, the large amounts of lactic acid also trigger a release of IGF-1 and gh also helping with tissue repair. I continued doing this every time reverse curls were supposed to come up in my routine. It only took about 2-3 weeks of doing this until my tendonitis was gone, when almost 3 months of plain rest didn't help.

So that's my own little personal reasoning as to maybe why this helped my tendonitis.. high blood flow, and lactic acid triggering IGF-1 and GH. With weights being very light as to not stress the already injured area anymore.

I had some tendonitis in the top of my elbow.. where your bicep meets your forearm. It would mainly hurt when I did reverse curls. So I stopped reverse curls during the last 1.5-2 months of my contest prep. Took about a month of nice an easy lifting after my contest. SO now being almost 3 months later, I came back to try and reverse curl and that shit STILL hurt. So here is a theory I came up with, yet don't know if it would hold true at all..

I just did reverse curls, but with super light weight. Something that would hardly stress my tendonitis at all. Not even heavy enough to provide any benefit for my muscles really. So I did these very light reverse curls slow and continuous, building up lots and lots of lactic acid. So my theory is that doing this greatly increases blood flow to the injured area from the inside. This helps aid recovery. ALSO, the large amounts of lactic acid also trigger a release of IGF-1 and gh also helping with tissue repair. I continued doing this every time reverse curls were supposed to come up in my routine. It only took about 2-3 weeks of doing this until my tendonitis was gone, when almost 3 months of plain rest didn't help.

So that's my own little personal reasoning as to maybe why this helped my tendonitis.. high blood flow, and lactic acid triggering IGF-1 and GH. With weights being very light as to not stress the already injured area anymore.

Very much appreciate the response. Thank you. Wow that is a lot of rest! I can't believe it still hurt after that, I would be irate!

Were you on decent androgen doses the whole time?

I will def give this light weight/high rep thing a try. What % of 1rm wer you using? Like 30% or so? And how frequently did you do it? Like 2x a week?

Thanks again.

the best advice i can give is find a ART practitioner, it did wonders for me when nothing else helped.

yes steroids can make tendinitis worse,
they reduce collagen synthesis, type 2 or 3 i believe, so they make your tendons brittle and more likely for injury

they also make you a hell alot stronger, so bigger lifts combined with weak tendons doesnt go well for your tendonitis

for me it became a case of training differently, and being more selective with exercises so i dont aggravate my tendinitis to much

so for me that means no really heavy dips, and no hammer extension exercises for triceps

I have it pretty bad now. I was told it could be low cortisol. Apparently androgens, mainly strong ones can crush your cortisol. This causes not only joint pain, but a slow in gains and possibly a plateau.

Anyone have experience with this? And if so what did you do?

I'm thinking of dropping all the andros. Even dropping the test down to jut 125mg a week. Then the only other thing I'll keep in is the low dose deca, 200mg a week.

If that doesn't work then I guess its time for a week break.

Anyone ever try cortisone shots? Worth it or not?

Please anyone who has experience with this problem post up some advice. I greatly appreciate any feedback here. Thanks for reading.

Ok can I see your MRI which shows your diagnosis of actually having a tendonitis?

Regardless of what it actually is you are really suffering from a cognitive bias.

People who visit steroid forums will be more adjusted to androgen-caused low cortisol causing tendonitis.

People who visit massage forums will be of the mindset that their tendonitis is from a lack of massage.

People who visit racial difference forums will be of the mindset that their tendonitis is a genetic trait.

Regardless I treat tendonitis and muscle injuries all day everyday and I can say with 100% clarity it is not from any of the above.

It was caused from an excess of trauma be it instantaneous or repetitive and that you should absolutely stop doing whatever you are doing that is causing it.

Next, the optimal way to treat it would be to get ART. If for whatever reason that is not available to you, you need to find a way to create mechanical heat on that exact location where there is pain.

Ideally that could be from a foam roller device in combination with repetitive stretching of that exact location. I'm not referring to a held stretch for time... but more of a stretch relax stretch relax format.

If you need a bit more help with either of these just ask.

And please promise me you won't use the words androgen and cortisol again unless it is hypertrophy/atrophy related:banghead:

It is a great discovery to find you can do the exact exercise that causes you pain... straight away... and that it actually helps the pain and recovery... IF YOU DO IT LIGHT ENOUGH FOR THOSE FIRST 20 REPS OR SO:lightbulb:

I utilize this technique all the time and it has never let me down.

I had this on my right inner elbow bone (golfers elbow). It hurt sooo much I could bearly close my hand without been in serious pain. Taking stuff really just masks the problem. The best solution is plenty of rest, I bought a tens unit which worked wonders IMO.

My elbow is much better now that it has had time to recover. Slowly working up the free weights.

Good luck.

Ben

My elbows have it . Kills after heavy skullys . I just ice them after words and only do certain excercises every so often

I had it in my elbow so bad I could barely pick up a pencil. Tried physical therapy, Ibuprofen, Different braces, Nothing helped. I got a cortizone shot 4 months ago and I haven't felt a thing since.

Believe it or not, cortisone shots may help temporarily but it will come back. You have to change routine that is causing the tendonitis. Whoever said ART is 100% right. Look it up and find a physical therapist that does ART and you will get better, but you need to lighten the weights, rest more, and change some routines around.

Very much appreciate the response. Thank you. Wow that is a lot of rest! I can't believe it still hurt after that, I would be irate!

Were you on decent androgen doses the whole time?

I will def give this light weight/high rep thing a try. What % of 1rm wer you using? Like 30% or so? And how frequently did you do it? Like 2x a week?

Thanks again.

I was on androgens during my prep. I was completely off for almost 2 months afterwards. So it hurt both during ON and OFF. But maybe I did recover fast when I was off from what you said in your original post.

As for the weight, I really couldn't say. I say pick a weight up that you can do the movement with that does not hurt at all. It very well may be girl's weight. You don't want to irritate it at all. With my reverse curls, it was maybe 20lbs straight bar. Super light. Use your experience and judgement on what feels right for your body. Then just start moving the weight smoothly with constant tension, build up that burn.

I do DC style training, so one week I would hit those reverse curls twice and another week it would be once. Only 2 sets. But also, I incorporate the extreme stretching. So when you get a couple good burning sets and got some good blood flow in there, I would stretch and massage the area too.

Gonna look into that ART for sure. Thanks for the input everyone, glad I asked. I knew there would be some smart bros on here that could help me out. Feel good I have a few diff things I'll be able to try now.

I was on androgens during my prep. I was completely off for almost 2 months afterwards. So it hurt both during ON and OFF. But maybe I did recover fast when I was off from what you said in your original post.

As for the weight, I really couldn't say. I say pick a weight up that you can do the movement with that does not hurt at all. It very well may be girl's weight. You don't want to irritate it at all. With my reverse curls, it was maybe 20lbs straight bar. Super light. Use your experience and judgement on what feels right for your body. Then just start moving the weight smoothly with constant tension, build up that burn.

I do DC style training, so one week I would hit those reverse curls twice and another week it would be once. Only 2 sets. But also, I incorporate the extreme stretching. So when you get a couple good burning sets and got some good blood flow in there, I would stretch and massage the area too.

Awesome. Glad yours got better. Oh yeah it will def be a girls weight lol. Don't wanna aggravate it much more.

I had this on my right inner elbow bone (golfers elbow). It hurt sooo much I could bearly close my hand without been in serious pain. Taking stuff really just masks the problem. The best solution is plenty of rest, I bought a tens unit which worked wonders IMO.

My elbow is much better now that it has had time to recover. Slowly working up the free weights.

Good luck.

Ben

Yes TENS UNIT! I had tendonitis in my left elbow and I took off 2 months from training. I started out slow and with lighter weight when I resumed training, but the pain just came back. I got one of these tens units and after about a month of using it I don't have pain.

I personally never had joint or tendon problems until I started steroids, so I believe they have an effect, although possibly not 100% the culprit, they definitely play a part.

You guys should look into Ultrasound units, I have yet to use it but I hear they works wonders, also knox gelatin is something that could be added to glucosamine/chondroitin/msm to help.

Going to have to try this. I have the same pain but any pulling movement hurts. I did 3-4 months of little or no pulling movements.

Believe it or not, cortisone shots may help temporarily but it will come back. You have to change routine that is causing the tendonitis. Whoever said ART is 100% right. Look it up and find a physical therapist that does ART and you will get better, but you need to lighten the weights, rest more, and change some routines around.
ART works! but you have to do it for a while and it hurts almost as bad as the actual tendonitis.

I use DMSO, seems to help. At one time in my life, I took at least 14 months off from the gym do to work, the rest still did NOT do a thing, pain came back after a couple weeks in gym.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws