over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Tendon about to snap?

SouthernMuscle

Verified Customer
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
for a while now I've had a nagging pain on my left leg, right above my kneecap to the left. like right below where the outer quad stops. The pain isn't in the muscle at all, and for the most part I've just been working around it and avoiding things that cause pain, then today I was doin the leg press , but on the first rep of my third set a real sharp pain hit, well I wen't home right then and don't know what to do about it now

any input/suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Don't train legs for a while. Back in 2003 I tore my patella tendon. Take the pain as a signal to slow down.

Sounds like you're having issues with your IT band. Usually pains like these originate from complications elsewhere and work their way down causing pain to appear. Heavy deads and squats along with inflexibility can lead to this situation. This is no diagnosis and if the pain is serious I'd see someone. If it does turn out to be something involving your IT band it can be rectified through stretching, anti-inflammatory, ice, and basically not further aggravating the situation (ie no running, no heavy leg presses, squats, etc.) Again, if its serious go see someone, its the only way you'll know for sure.

Definatly stay off of it and go see a good SPORTS doctor and have it checked out with an M.R.I. , it should take 3-10 days to get the readings back from the M.R.I. MAke sure you go to a sports med Dr. so he has some sort of idea what the hell your putting your joins through. The rest of them will say " if you didn't lift weights this woulden't happen" then you'll be back here posting a thread about how you want to slap the shit out of the Dr.

About the anti inflamaion drugs , the inflamation comes from the body sending more blood their to heal the problem and if you take alot of anti-A's your going to slow the healing process down. N ow if its all swolen then yea take some but don't abuse them because its uncomfortable you'll do more harm than good. The best way to controle the swelling wis with cold compresses.

Antoher thing you can do is go down to the local feed store or tack supply (thats where hose folks get supplys) and get a bottle of Absorbine Liniment gel. This shit is awsome I have it stashed everywhere , it'll reduce the swelling and loosen up the joint , its great stuff for all your aches and pains , it works better than any OTC rub I have used for humans and it doesn't hurt as bad as Deep Heat if your rub your eye or balls before you wash you hands.

well there's no swelling and the joint itself feels fine, it's pretty much just a 1 inch linear area that hurts, if I'm looking down at my leg, right above the kneecap, 1 inch to the left, straight up and down in that spot

stretch..

Sounds like an IT band to me as well...

Try this stretch:

Standing straight up cross your right leg over the front of your left leg, then bend over and touch the inside of your left ankle. If its your IT band this stretch should help immediately.

You can also try this one.

Laying on your back with your legs bent at about a 90 degree ankle, put your left ankle right above your right knee cap. Then with both hands grab your right shin and rock back a little. This should bring your left leg closer to your body and you should feel your IT band stretch.

These two stretches always brought immediate relief when my IT band was hurting.

I hope you can understand these descriptions of these stretches. If it doesn't make sense, let me know.

I always stretch the hell outta my quads so this is not an issue, maybe I'm not explaining where it hurts accurately enough, it's kinda right where the 2 lower quad muscles come together right above the knee

thanks for all the responses guys, I guess I'll be taking some time off the legs

SouthernMuscle said:
I always stretch the hell outta my quads so this is not an issue, maybe I'm not explaining where it hurts accurately enough, it's kinda right where the 2 lower quad muscles come together right above the knee

thanks for all the responses guys, I guess I'll be taking some time off the legs
How long have you had the pain? I sometimes get shit like that out of nowhere and usually goes away in 3-4days. But never had pain where you are describing. Odd.

If you've torn something then you will have bruising within the next day or two. You usually know when you've had a complete rupture though. Very painful and you will hear something tear or snap.

SouthernMuscle said:

That's your patella tendon.
Take it from someone who tore his so bad it ruptured from the quad.
got a nice litle gap there now where it was reattached and the scar tissue is. NICE.
NOT.
I missed a freaking stair in socks on a hardwood staircase that was smooth and my foot turned and boom!
No pain on the tear no blood no bruising but couldn't stand up.
Be careful after the surgical repair and 12 weeks immobilzation no weight bearing etc it was some painful ass therapy to get that thing stretched and strong again. Unfortunately it still isn't 100% and never will be.

I've had the nagging feeling for a while, but I wouldn't have called it pain till yesterday I was only doing 1000 on the leg press and the first rep hurt, usually I can get a set of 8 with 1100 or more and then go squat 315 for 3 sets of at least 8, hammies to calves, or 405 right below parallel

Massive G said:
That's your patella tendon.
Take it from someone who tore his so bad it ruptured from the quad.
got a nice litle gap there now where it was reattached and the scar tissue is. NICE.
NOT.
I missed a freaking stair in socks on a hardwood staircase that was smooth and my foot turned and boom!
No pain on the tear no blood no bruising but couldn't stand up.
Be careful after the surgical repair and 12 weeks immobilzation no weight bearing etc it was some painful ass therapy to get that thing stretched and strong again. Unfortunately it still isn't 100% and never will be.
I had pain in my patella tendon, but on the lower part. Hurt for a few months. I took some time off and it healed. Didnt even notice.

SouthernMuscle said:
I've had the nagging feeling for a while, but I wouldn't have called it pain till yesterday I was only doing 1000 on the leg press and the first rep hurt, usually I can get a set of 8 with 1100 or more and then go squat 315 for 3 sets of at least 8, hammies to calves, or 405 right below parallel

I have rutured my patella tendon as well. Its a bitch to recover from. During my rehab my PT told me that once you go below parallel you increase the tension on the patella tendon 9x. I Don't know if it that extreme but the tension is certainly increased.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
methyl m1ke
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws