over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Tendonitis

Adr805

Registered
Apologize if this has been talked about. Searched theough the forum and didnt find much talking about just tendonitis. Ive been dealing with tendonitis in my left forearm for sometime. Dr’s just wanted to do cortisone shots. Which i thought wasnt the best idea in the world. Currently taking 800 mg ibuprofen for inflamation. Also stretch it and ice it. Was wondering what you all have done that helped with tendonitis?? If theres anything anyone has taken or does that i havent done, any info is appreciated, thanks!

I've had tennis elbow in both elbows at the same time. I had to make a lot of lifting adjusts. I would wear wrist braces to help stabilize wrist to decrease strain on forearms. I never quit lifting, though some exercises I couldn't do. It took over 6 months for my forearms to heal. I used take a foam roller against the wall, make a fist and roll my wrist inward to stretch forearm and then roll the piss out of them. Tennis elbow happens from over use of the muscles causing scar tissue to build and then the muscle loses elasticity, becomes weaker and the tendon tries to help pick up the load, causing micro tears in the tendon. So the goal is to break up the scar tissue by intense massaging. Some chiropractors specialize in active release technique(art), where they stretch the muscle and do a deep tissue message, supposed to be very effective and hurt like hell, typically leaving bruises.

I would not do cortisone shots, I also would not take ibuprofen. I have read that NSAIDs can actually prolong healing time.

This product is highly rated, but I've never used it, TheraBand FlexBar, Tennis Elbow Therapy Bar, Relieve Tendonitis Pain & Improve Grip Strength, Resistance Bar for Golfers Elbow & Tendinitis, Green, Medium, Intermediate https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000KGOMBC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_O2gFCb9JYKEPK

I have used this stuff, felt like it helped, but its expensive, Penetrex Pain Relief Therapy [2 Oz] – Apply Penetrex Anywhere You Experience Pain, Discomfort, Tingling or Numbness (Back, Neck, Knee, Foot, Shoulder, etc.). Trusted by 2 Million+ Sufferers Since 2009 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0026HDURA/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_QahFCbQ6WAPV8

You should also continue to work the muscle doing wrist curls. Depending on how bad the tendonitis is, (I could barely pick up a full glass of water) starting with something like a can of soup and doing a couple sets of 15 or so reps until there is a little discomfort and stop. Once you can achieve that without discomfort, you up the weight and do it again, and again.

Remember, it is supposed to take tendons 6-12 months to heal.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Take it from me because I know tendinitis too well. I lift heavy and I’ve lifted heavy for 13 years straight now.

The absolute only way to recover from tendinitis is first step.

Let the inflammation go down naturally. Take a 2-4 weeks off of the particular tendon and movements that cause pain. After the tendon has had a chance to reduce swelling and inflammation then start a rehab process. Warm up sets are your best friend during this time. The rehab process should be low volume but hitting the area multiple times per week

This has always helped me and this is the process many that know tendinitis will recommend. Stay away from the NSAIDS bro. Ice is much healthier for you

Avoid the movements that hurt

Can’t say that with enough emphasis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only pulling/ curling movements cause some pain, forgot to mention i have stopped training bis/ back for the last 3 weeks, so i have been laying off of it. Have been icing it every day, i was out for 3 months due to an unrelated injury and surgery. That seemed to help a bit as inwas completely out the gym except for some cardio. But never seemed to actually go away. But rest and ice has seemed to he my bestfriens, i did use to wear a wrist brace, im hoing to definitely give that a go again and see how that helps as well! Appreciate all the input

Only pulling/ curling movements cause some pain, forgot to mention i have stopped training bis/ back for the last 3 weeks, so i have been laying off of it.
It sucks but you may have to take an extended break to have it go away and then you can make changes to hopefully prevent it in the future. Two suggestions I have are to watch your volume. Don't just hammer away with hundreds and hundreds of reps every week. The other change I made is to not engage my thumb whenever possible. My primary back/bi exercise is pull-ups. I do them essentially as a 4-finger exercise without involving my thumb.

Not sure if it helps or not but I'm a believer in fish oil and tumeric/curcumin to keep inflammation at bay. I dropped fish oil when I upped my salmon patty consumption thinking I didn't need the fish oil for heart health. I started getting some nagging joint pains and it wasn't until ~3 weeks later that I thought maybe dropping the fish oil might be the culprit, and after reintroducing it daily, the nagging joints went away.

It sucks but you may have to take an extended break to have it go away and then you can make changes to hopefully prevent it in the future. Two suggestions I have are to watch your volume. Don't just hammer away with hundreds and hundreds of reps every week. The other change I made is to not engage my thumb whenever possible. My primary back/bi exercise is pull-ups. I do them essentially as a 4-finger exercise without involving my thumb.

Not sure if it helps or not but I'm a believer in fish oil and tumeric/curcumin to keep inflammation at bay. I dropped fish oil when I upped my salmon patty consumption thinking I didn't need the fish oil for heart health. I started getting some nagging joint pains and it wasn't until ~3 weeks later that I thought maybe dropping the fish oil might be the culprit, and after reintroducing it daily, the nagging joints went away.

I take tumeric on a daily basis as well, i definitely need to start taking a quality fish oil again, so ill throw that into my regumen as well! Ill try to not engage my thumb either, never really thought of that. I really appreciate the response!

I had it bad at 1 time with outer and inner elbows on both arms, I tried a lot of things and nothing worked, what did work was a good ART practitioner, it hurt like a bitch the first few sessions.

I did PRP on my elbow but still had to take months off for it to heal. The issue is that tendons don’t get a lot of blood, so all those awesome little proteins that heal you up have a very hard time getting to your pain spot.

I would echo what everyone said. Take a long break. I know you won’t, because you’re like the rest of us. But it will be much worse down the road and take much longer to heal if you don’t stop.

I now listen to my body and take time off. I would rather miss a few weeks here and there, then the 8 months I had to for my elbow.

I bought some arm sleeves and they have been the difference between lifting and not lifting. I also have to work out EOD instead of couple days in row. You have to rest or it will never go away.

I've had tricep tendonitis/tendonosis for 35 years...eventually my left tricep ruptured 11 years ago...the right tricep tendon continued to be so inflamed that washing my hair was painful...felt like a blow torch and a hammer were hitting it at the same time...the only thing that helped was REST!...I took 4 months off a few years ago...train light and always be aware that it can and will flare up at any time...I had dozens of prolotherapy injections...they did nothing...REST!!!!!!!!...

I've had tricep tendonitis/tendonosis for 35 years...eventually my left tricep ruptured 11 years ago...the right tricep tendon continued to be so inflamed that washing my hair was painful...felt like a blow torch and a hammer were hitting it at the same time...the only thing that helped was REST!...I took 4 months off a few years ago...train light and always be aware that it can and will flare up at any time...I had dozens of prolotherapy injections...they did nothing...REST!!!!!!!!...

Definitely noticed it flares up at random times! It was ar bay for a while but felt some very slight pain. Might have to give more rest a go as much as i hate it. Might be time to just work on my weaker points like calves and do alot of cardio

I did PRP on my elbow but still had to take months off for it to heal. The issue is that tendons don’t get a lot of blood, so all those awesome little proteins that heal you up have a very hard time getting to your pain spot.

I would echo what everyone said. Take a long break. I know you won’t, because you’re like the rest of us. But it will be much worse down the road and take much longer to heal if you don’t stop.

I now listen to my body and take time off. I would rather miss a few weeks here and there, then the 8 months I had to for my elbow.

I hear that, rest seems to be the best option at this point

my exp was not like others, I had long layoffs and it did nothing, once I started ART I slowly started increasing intensity after the first session, kept going twice a week for about 6 weeks, the whole time I was ramping up, after 6 weeks no pain.

my exp was not like others, I had long layoffs and it did nothing, once I started ART I slowly started increasing intensity after the first session, kept going twice a week for about 6 weeks, the whole time I was ramping up, after 6 weeks no pain.

I was researching ART, might have to give that a go, does seem promising

Like many others said, rest it and don't do any movements that cause pain. When the pain seems to be gone and you want to try training that area again then you have to go really light weight and low volume. Slowly work up the volume while keeping the weight low. Once you are up to a normal volume then slowly increase the weight. If it starts hurting again then youll have to lower the weight and or do a different motion.

When I had my surgery to reattach the tricep tendon the surgeon told me that my tendon was yellowish/grey in color and had hundreds of small tears...instead of being smooth it was lumped up and full of scar tissue...the result of years of tendonitis...at first they would hurt 2 weeks a year...it got to where it DID NOT hurt only 2 weeks a year!...I am now 59 and pain free...lots of lay offs and lifting much lighter...good luck...

I tore my tricep tendon as well about 10 years ago after years of tendonitis pain. Mt surgeon told me it took an extra 2 hours for the surgery as he broke 2 drill bits drilling the hole for the tendon and sat picking pieces out of my elbow. Best of my surgeries though, I never had pain again. 8 weeks and I was able to workout, pretty easy.

I will try to be helpful.

How do you know its tendonitis?

you will need to be certain you are dealing with tendonitis and not TENDINOSIS or even a partial tear.. The treatments are different and treating one when its actually the other can make it worse.

With -itis you want to reduce inflammation. with -osis you want to causee a little bit then help it heal. But sometimes its itis on a background of osis so have to be careful.

With partial tears it depends on how long its been torn and if its inflammed around it or not. Extent of tear and what the tendon looks like. All this goes into healing it. So many idiot doctors just point to elbow saing you have tennis elbow... lemme inject it.. wear this brace... stretch.. have a good day. When they dont do well thats when i normally get them unless its athletes then i usually get them first thankfully

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131