over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

tennis elbow!

alpha405

Registered
Long story short I have been dealing with tennis elbow in my right arm since about sept. I got a cortisone shot, wore a wrist brace and worked around it. It finally got healthy in December and was good for a month. Well it flared back up from doing upright rows (will never do them again). So now I'm back to square one. I've done 2 sessions of dry needling, taking ibuprofen, ice and heat therapy and wearing the brace again. This is by FAR the most annoying injury I've ever had. Does anyone have any helpful tips, or exercises to speed up the healing process or to stop it from coming back? Thanks!

Long story short I have been dealing with tennis elbow in my right arm since about sept. I got a cortisone shot, wore a wrist brace and worked around it. It finally got healthy in December and was good for a month. Well it flared back up from doing upright rows (will never do them again). So now I'm back to square one. I've done 2 sessions of dry needling, taking ibuprofen, ice and heat therapy and wearing the brace again. This is by FAR the most annoying injury I've ever had. Does anyone have any helpful tips, or exercises to speed up the healing process or to stop it from coming back? Thanks!

Deca might help.

I get it from muay thai...only thing ive found that helps is time off from sparring.

capsaicin cream and voodoo flossing has worked wonders on mine

Practice spreading your fingers and thumb apart and if your able try to grip a small 2 1/2 lb plate and it will help get rid of tennis elbow.

I've been there brother and it sucks big time. Ice and 800mg of ibuprofen 3-4x per day helps with pain and inflammation, but time off is the only thing that really helps it heal the best. You can still workout, just avoid any movements that irritate it. May take 8-12 weeks or longer before it starts feeling better, but it will eventually get better. Good luck ;)

I tried everything and the only thing that really helped me is when I found a good ART practitioner

Stretch your forearm wrist and fingers. Also take an honest look at the top of your forearm is it undertrained. Need to balance how the muscles pull on and support the tendon.

Finally it s quite possibly an issue of overuse. Let it rest use straps instead of bare hands. The drugs can assist but thats a bandaid not a fix.

Mesotherapy + constant icing helped me out a lot
I have had tennis elbow for ages, it's better now but it did hurt me for a while !!

tennis elbows put me out for 8 months bc i couldn't deal w the pain anymore. bro 2 words- tb500 and curcumin.... i went thru predinose treatment, as well as that crème for inflammation they commnaly give out for it(forgot name)... they were not very good... i ran the tb500 (if i rememeber right) at 6mg the first week, 4mg for 2 weeks, then 2 mgs for about 3-4 weeks... i took curcumin(they had injectable available at the time, not sure bc i haven't seen it again, but they have capsules around places) every few days, whatever 1cc mg was i cant remember... took the curc for about 8 weeks...

try this for training if its severe when you start the tb500/curc:

take off 1 week completely and keep wrist thing on to keep it from moving... 2nd week- do half your normal workout with ULTRA LIGHT weights.. if you usually do 6 sets of bi curls w 45lbs... do 3 sets w 10s ( i kno, u will feel like a complete pussy lol).... the next week, do your normal amount of sets as usual, but with the ultra light weights... the 3rd week, do 1/2 your normal sets w MEDIUM weight, if u do same curl use like 25s instead 45s... the 4th week, do your full # of sets w MEDIUM weight... the 5th week, 1/2 the sets w your regular weights you always use.... the 6th week, full training...

if you still feel considerable pain coming up to the end of that week, then don't progress to the next week training, just repeat the week your at again...

warm up your elbows and forearms VERYYYY well before each workout... then after the workout and maybe 2-3x a day, do forearm specific stretches using a table... ill try to find the (American medical standards..??) one the sport doc who gave me this rehab plan gave me...

i quit for 8 months bc i tried everythinggg under tha sun and couldn't even grab a coffee cup or twist a door handle w/o feeling like my elbow was going to just explode.... wish i found this doc earlier... anyways, this wtf helped me w severe tennis elbow... i hope it can help you as well...

Last edited:
also, i think my tennis elbow started bc i was training forearms directly with wrist curls, palms up and down, fairly heavy for awhile... once it was there, it affected all other things... be careful going crazy on wrist curls for forearms...

I usually get tendinitis (tennis elbow) once or twice per year... not sure why, but it seems like it just happens randomly. Mine just flared up again and any kind of contracting of my bicep is painful on the outer portion of my elbow. I usually only get it in my left elbow (I also broke this elbow and cannot fully extend it).

Previously, I've taken aleve, iced it, and took time off training it. When getting back to training I rubbed kwan loong oil on it and then slid on a neoprene sleeve. I've also had good success with the Band-it brand tennis elbow support.

I have some life extension super bio curcumin (BCM-95) and I am going to take PitbullTank's advice and get on that ASAP.

capsaicin cream and voodoo flossing has worked wonders on mine

Can you explain your flossing routine when how often and such. Seems like it helps sometimes and other times not so much...maybe I overdid it at some points...All I can tell is that the tighter it is seems more effective

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk 2

I USED to get it everytime I was training for a fight. CISSUS IS THE BOMB. Hop on some cissus and take a week or 2 off from training. Never quit the cissus, problem solved. If I stay on the cissus it will never come back. Sometimes I quit the cissus because I ain't working as hard and forget to start it back when I start intense training and get it again. If I am already taking cissus when starting a training camp I will NOT get tendonitis.

Last edited:
tennis elbows put me out for 8 months bc i couldn't deal w the pain anymore. bro 2 words- tb500 and curcumin.... i went thru predinose treatment, as well as that crème for inflammation they commnaly give out for it(forgot name)... they were not very good... i ran the tb500 (if i rememeber right) at 6mg the first week, 4mg for 2 weeks, then 2 mgs for about 3-4 weeks... i took curcumin(they had injectable available at the time, not sure bc i haven't seen it again, but they have capsules around places) every few days, whatever 1cc mg was i cant remember... took the curc for about 8 weeks...

try this for training if its severe when you start the tb500/curc:

take off 1 week completely and keep wrist thing on to keep it from moving... 2nd week- do half your normal workout with ULTRA LIGHT weights.. if you usually do 6 sets of bi curls w 45lbs... do 3 sets w 10s ( i kno, u will feel like a complete pussy lol).... the next week, do your normal amount of sets as usual, but with the ultra light weights... the 3rd week, do 1/2 your normal sets w MEDIUM weight, if u do same curl use like 25s instead 45s... the 4th week, do your full # of sets w MEDIUM weight... the 5th week, 1/2 the sets w your regular weights you always use.... the 6th week, full training...

if you still feel considerable pain coming up to the end of that week, then don't progress to the next week training, just repeat the week your at again...

warm up your elbows and forearms VERYYYY well before each workout... then after the workout and maybe 2-3x a day, do forearm specific stretches using a table... ill try to find the (American medical standards..??) one the sport doc who gave me this rehab plan gave me...

i quit for 8 months bc i tried everythinggg under tha sun and couldn't even grab a coffee cup or twist a door handle w/o feeling like my elbow was going to just explode.... wish i found this doc earlier... anyways, this wtf helped me w severe tennis elbow... i hope it can help you as well...

the curc is/was 100mg/ml

another member had great luck with this recently even though he was doing sq injects and getting welts, thus not fully absorbed.

Can you explain your flossing routine when how often and such. Seems like it helps sometimes and other times not so much...maybe I overdid it at some points...All I can tell is that the tighter it is seems more effective

I try to floss them at least 2x a day when im having flareups. Sometimes 3 if i have time. I leave it on as long as i can stand which usually comes out to 3 minutes or so. I also find that wrapping very tight helps the most but is also quite painful. I think that the post workout wrap is one of the most beneficial ones as well.

Heres a rehab exercise you could try:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNdWjVxvNHI]Tennis Elbow Rehab Exercise - YouTube[/ame]

I try to floss them at least 2x a day when im having flareups. Sometimes 3 if i have time. I leave it on as long as i can stand which usually comes out to 3 minutes or so. I also find that wrapping very tight helps the most but is also quite painful. I think that the post workout wrap is one of the most beneficial ones as well.

Thanks for the detailed response

This thread couldn't have come at a better time.... going thru this myself. Quite frustrating....being that its a tendon issue and not a joint issue is it safe tom say that neither Deca or NPP would help???

Last edited:
Well I'm' back and the tennis elbow is still bothering me. I've been doing super light wrist curls and ext's with a 3lb dumbbell. I've also started to do the wrist roller with 10lb. I've been stretching it and I continue to wear the wrist brace. I'm going to look into the advice everyone has given me. I want to chop my fucking arm off! Tennis elbow is so annoying! and ive got something going on with my left leg....the pain was on the outside of my calf when I was at the bottom of squats and going up....I took off about 6-8 weeks from squats....the pain on the outside of my calf is gone, but now my left knee is giving me issues. I have osteoarthritis and patella femoral syndrome in my knees. The knees I was born with have a tracking issue so every now and then they bother me. I was finally about to break into a 600lb squat and making great progress, but this tennis elbow and my leg threw me off the wagon! Thanks for all the input guys I didnt expect so many replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Spinaltap88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity