over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Terrible news for those of us that take Omega 3 fish oils

Every time I take them I feel awful. I tried different brands too.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

but my doc says...

Sheesh, my doctor has them on my must take list of meds and supplements. It's listed right there with my BP meds, blood thinners, and mood drugs. My cardiologist bugs me about taking them every time I see him. I'm kind of getting tired of burping fish taste every time I take them anyways.

Missed this was already posted

Sorry guys, did not see the post about this that was already up. I'm at work and on air card which is very slow right now.

So... Now doctors recommend 1-2 beef meals a week and 1-2 cold weather fish meals per week.

Start digging into your brussels sprouts, boys!

:rolleyes:

Shit..I have been taking O3's for a while now....I am not a fish eater so I guess I am screwed, the only fish I will eat is Talapia, can anyone recommend any milder tasting fish?:confused:

Shit..I have been taking O3's for a while now....I am not a fish eater so I guess I am screwed, the only fish I will eat is Talapia, can anyone recommend any milder tasting fish?:confused:

Mahi, swordfish, walleye

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Oh no. What a shit fish! Tilapia is farmed...almoat always in China..where there are reports that they feed them pig feces.

I'll take my chances with the cancer, the anti inflammatory abilities of fish oil are worth the risk.

Eat whatever the hell you want because 10 years from now everything they think they know today will be wrong!! Studies are worthless and are often skewed to come out in favor of a desired outcome.......$$$$$ determines most results!

FYI, it has nothing to do with fish oil and everything to do with Omega-3 fatty acids.

For whatever reason they are just attacking fish oil pills because that is what people are using to supplement their omega-3 intake.

Not to mention there is no legitimate citation to this study... Or any real legitimate information in this article...

Last edited:
With the Shit most of I us take id think omega 3s are the worst of our worries. People seem more willing to give up there k omega 3s than there testosterone I notice which also increases the chance of prostate cancer. Fuck it I'll take both just so as not to discriminate

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

My Grandfather was pushing Cod Liver oil on me 30 years ago. He made it to 85.
Dont Believe the Hype.
BTW. It was his prostrate that got him;)

My Grandfather was pushing Cod Liver oil on me 30 years ago. He made it to 85.
Dont Believe the Hype.
BTW. It was his prostrate that got him;)

Most men will experience prostate cancer. The thing is that the medical community has taken a radically different stance on how to treat it. They now believe that you will die from old age before the prostate cancer does you in!

If you read in Star magazine that your wife is cheating on you with your neighbor, would you believe it?...

(This is how I perceive most lay press-related info.)

This is the study, as far as I can tell:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3145396/pdf/kwr027.pdf

Interestingly, the researchers of the above initially hypothesized the opposite of what they found, ala:

Dietary omega-3 fatty acids, cyclooxygenase-... [Clin Cancer Res. 2009] - PubMed - NCBI

[Non-fasting Blood values were used for the analysis. My initial thought was that if sample acquisition were not controlled, especially in men who are enrolled in a cancer prevention program and aware of prostate cancer warning signs - their subjects - that you've got a nice psychological set-up for (rightfully) worrisome subjects to consume fatty acid / fish oil supplements, shown previously to impede prostate cancer development (see above) thus elevating levels, just before taking a blood draw.

I only skimmed the study, but did not see this mentioned as a weakness. Imagine taking bloodwork to confirm diabetes risk without controlling for food intake in a sample of subjects who know that high blood glucose suggests diabetes. Those perhaps rightfully worried will go in fasted and those not, will eat just before if no one tells them different. The conclusion would be that elevated blood glucose is associated withe reduced risk of diabetes mellitus... :) :) :) ]

-Scott

If you live long enough a man will probably have some form of prostate cancer. (If on hrt and stable estrogen chances are drastically reduced) We dont know the age of the people in their "study"...This is probably a ploy to get fishoil to be prescription only.

Sheesh, my doctor has them on my must take list of meds and supplements. It's listed right there with my BP meds, blood thinners, and mood drugs. My cardiologist bugs me about taking them every time I see him. I'm kind of getting tired of burping fish taste every time I take them anyways.

Buy the Enteric coated version and u wont have that burping problem anymore.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131