over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Terrible Sciatica Pain

Chrism329

Registered
Hey everyone. 6'3" 228lbs. 6% bf, been lifting seriously for about 3 years now. Experiencing terrible Sciatica pain. Shooting down my leg. Anyone dealt with this? Remedies? What worked for you?

Check YouTube for videos demonstrating different exercises that will give you relief from pain. I got rid of my sciatica by doing back raises.

I made a similiar thread a couple weeks ago. Get it resolved ASAP. I worked through mine until I got to the point where I couldn't. You may have a herniated disc. I'm seeing a chiro and have been getting better. Haven't trained in 2 weeks. Mine was pretty bad.

I would highly recommend no leg or back training for now and no heavy lifting. Lots of ice, lot's of rest

I have ruptured L5 and S1 and have sciatica pain every now and then. Go to a chiro which will help out immensely. Sciatica is not something to deal with lightly. Ice the point of pain(location of where it begins) and stretch the area as well.

You may want to consider an inversion table, mine helps my back pain considerably.

PT has been one of the few things that has really helped me... even going 1x per week is beneficial. Other than that, foam rolling and stretching makes a huge difference for me. I don't roll around on the foam roller or ball. I place them in certain areas and keep the foam roller there for around 30 seconds. If im in serious pain to the point where I cant even move I then take a muscle relaxer and then try to also stretch lightly.

Core strengthen and stretches helped me the most. Chiropractor did nothing for me but cost me a fortune. I do know it helps some though. Regardless though, you should see a doc and get an MRI to find out what exactly is wrong. Before agreeing to any epidural injections I would do your research first. I personally won't get any more of them or cortisone shots. Short term they're okay but long term they can weaken bones and joints and both are considered experimental treatments. Limit certain exercises and the way you lift things. Avoid sitting for long periods of time and work on proper posture. Hit Google up for as much info as you can find. Good luck. It can get better. Trust me. Oh and some gentle yoga did wonders for me.

Hey everyone. 6'3" 228lbs. 6% bf, been lifting seriously for about 3 years now. Experiencing terrible Sciatica pain. Shooting down my leg. Anyone dealt with this? Remedies? What worked for you?

Find a VERY GOOD (do your research) chiropractor. The right one can change your life.

I was having this from what I believe was a tight piriformis, I did different stretches but the thing that helped the most was using a tennis ball to roll on, yes it hurt like a bitch at first but got better fairly quickly.

Get the Trigger Point Performance The Grid Revolutionary Foam Roller it worked really well for me only problem was once I was on the floor din't know how to get back up :banghead:

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear